BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

Doesn't exactly sound like he is "crapping himself" as some have suggested. He (the BBC) are standing by their allegations as they have written evidence of letting agents etc trying to track him down for unpaid rent. Also, they have a taped interview that they aren't allowed to play where Ali states himeself that he comes from the town that the BBC went investigating in.

I'd like to add a thought on the statement of where this Mr Ali comes from.

I hail from the south west of England and on many an occasion get asked where I come from. Initially I said "Okehampton" and everyone in the north west went where's that? You then end up saying its about 30 miles from Exeter towards cornwall (some don't even know where Exeter is). It gets a bit old after a while always explaining where it is as no-one knows. Now after 3 years up here I no longer say "I'm from Okehampton", I now say "I'm from Exeter or the south west" its just easier as most have heard of the city/area.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did it take five years to find him though? Could the creditor simply not have been able to get his money. I have a CCJ against an individual whose business owes us £5k, can we get our money, can we hell. We know exactly where he is. Getting money from an individual who does not want to pay can be very difficult and very expensive.

If he was not in the country at the time, I expect it may well never have come to Mr Syed's attention. I don't know how the CCJ system works for foreign nationals, does anyone else?

I'd doubt it's possible to become a billionaire in agriculture but would suggest the returns could be far higher than some might imagine if only considering food production.

If that sort of money was available from agriculture the world would starve in no time. It could simply not afford to eat. Most of the profits from agriculture the world over are made by retailers.

Lets simply look at a staple crop of wheat. 900 acres @ 3 tonnes per acre in a good year = 2700 tonnes. At £100 per tonne (roughly av price over the past decade) thats a total gross income in the region of £270,000 pa. Note that is income with no costs whatsoever deducted and is most definitely not a profit. Rice and tea are a possibility but very regional and I'd imagine that the prices are linked to wheat etc.

Did anyone else noticed Goldberg's tone changes from what went before as he did it- I am sure he switched to reading verbatem a script prepared with careful legal advice.

Yep that bit was obvious - at first he was in a humourous type of mood, but then went serious as he read out the statement word for word.

The main point for me is that out of a reported Billionaires wealth & $850m liquid cash they can only find a few ££££'s worth of mr meaners!

I'd doubt it's possible to become a billionaire in agriculture but would suggest the returns could be far higher than some might imagine if only considering food production.

There is nothing to suggest his £3bn - 8bn (depending which report you listen to) ALL came from their paddy fields....They might have made a tidy sum from it at the start & invested the cash later...nobody knows.

Also say they sold it quite recently - what would 900 acres worth of land fetch if you sold it?

Also say they sold it quite recently - what would 900 acres worth of land fetch if you sold it?

Cant speak for the middle of India but 900 acres of Grade 1 agricultural land in Lincolnshire would fetch approx £4m.

....... So only £7,996 millions to go. :rolleyes:

If that sort of money was available from agriculture the world would starve in no time. It could simply not afford to eat. Most of the profits from agriculture the world over are made by retailers.

Gordon I was pointing out there are crops OTHER than food crops. I think you have some knowledge of this industry and you will know, as I do, there is relatively little margin in food production. Without boring the pants off everyone, the right land, in the right location etc. could be used for parentline production, F1 or S1 hybrid production, or the Indian equivalent crop of first generation seed potato, as examples. I quite agree one doesn't become a billionaire through food or seed production, I was simply trying to point out there are reasons why the land and it's produce could be far more valuable than the man in the street would imagine from "farming."

Companies such as Monsanto are only in this for a reason.

Yep that bit was obvious - at first he was in a humourous type of mood, but then went serious as he read out the statement word for word.

The main point for me is that out of a reported Billionaires wealth & $850m liquid cash they can only find a few ££££'s worth of mr meaners!

There is nothing to suggest his £3bn - 8bn (depending which report you listen to) ALL came from their paddy fields....They might have made a tidy sum from it at the start & invested the cash later...nobody knows.

Mr Meaners? Do you mean 'misdemeanors'?

Nothing in that Programme that's going to cause Syed any problems. It was a reiteration of last Sunday's allegations that has been looked at and dealt with by Syed and the trustees over the past week. No new allegations from Goldberg, so I doubt there will be any more time lost on that score.

Something to think about. I reckon that in two or three season's time and we are left with owners who don't have enough cash to make any real difference to the squad, people will be rather upset that the club rejected Syed simply because of some relatively trivial Adrian Goldberg allegations.

We might as well have gone for Dan Williams - at least he's a rovers fan, didn't have any unpaid debts that Goldberg had found out about, could name his favourite Rovers player and was English. Is that what people would be happy with?

Sometimes you have to stand back and look at the bigger picture.

Don't be a total tool.

Who is going to pay £250,000 if they know they have no chance of the deal going through.

Syed is a billionaire. This is much more open and shut than most of you realise.

Why? I'm not suggesting he doesn't have money. If you're worth £30m, then £250k isn't a massive amount....however £30m isn't a massive amount if you own a football club in the premier league.....

What proof do you have that this guy is a billionaire..?

Why? I'm not suggesting he doesn't have money. If you're worth £30m, then £250k isn't a massive amount....however £30m isn't a massive amount if you own a football club in the premier league.....

Wait and see Sparky...

Did it take five years to find him though? Could the creditor simply not have been able to get his money. I have a CCJ against an individual whose business owes us £5k, can we get our money, can we hell. We know exactly where he is. Getting money from an individual who does not want to pay can be very difficult and very expensive.

Paul, the point I was trying to make was, that if the guy wanted to trace him, it wouldn't have been difficult. I find it amazing that an investigation by the BBC five years later turns up trumps for someone.

Yep, it can be expensive, but it all ends up on the debtors bill. It's either paid or goes down as a bad debt.

If I think someones a bad risk, they pay up front

If he was not in the country at the time, I expect it may well never have come to Mr Syed's attention. I don't know how the CCJ system works for foreign nationals, does anyone else?

Well, I had the "pleasure" of "obtaining" a CCJ. I was a student in the UK some years ago, which meant they had my home adress in Norway, so they tracked me down pretty easily...

Guest bluerovers

Jeez man, I reckon I could raise that kind of money, so really not proof that he can bankroll us like he claims.

It's not about 'raising' that sort of money, I suppose I could kill my parents and sell their house and what little i own of mine and probably scratch £250k too but would i do it just to enter Due Dilligence with a club I couldn't afford???

The point is, if Shah is holding off on DD because it costs £250k to do so but Syed paid it, it shows that either Mr Syed is very confident of being able to buy us (so not a penny-less conman) and that £250k is not a large amount to him.

I've got £1000 in my bank, that doesn't mean I don't think about it when I spend a £10 and certainly wouldn't go around wasting them on things that don't have a chance of happening.

Let me ask you a question, why would someone who only has £30m buy a football club with his entire wealth, leaving him skint and in the public eye? What financial or physical benefit would this provide to Mr Syed?

A con has to have an objective of profit, I can't see how any the conspriacy theories you are making benefit Mr Syed in any way?

Guest bluerovers

Surely if these were poppy fields, nobody would question wether he is a billionaire?

As I said before, the land could be have been used to take mortagages out on which was then in turn invested.. There is no need to assume something had to be grown on it to amass the billions....

lend money to others, gaining interest over the years. Lending 1 dollar, with a return of 3 dollars? We continue to speculate, on whether the 900 acres are worth billions. however, it could be that he has made his money, by making a substantial return on his lendings through interest etc

Hi all, drove past ewood @8:45 this morning and noticed a couple of security guards stood at the

corner of the blackburn end/jack walker stand (gates open). Probably nothing but i've not seen this before and i drive past every morning. Is it possible there could be a visit today???

Archived