BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts 2010/2011

Apparently the advertising/teaser campaign will start this week for the new away shirt, I think we will revert to the 'retro' style of Umbro shirt worn by City this season and now England.

Would not surprise me to see a red and black away strip this time either:

blackburn_rovers_1971-1972.gif

don't be surprised to see something like above but in this format:

sweden-10-12-away-umbro-football-shirt.jpg

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope they are retro but I get the impression that the England and City kits were made of that quality as they would shift loads, something that couldn't be said for Rovers shirts. That said, if they are I'd be first in the queue for one.

Although any of the ones shown on this first page could well be the basis for the design. I have a feeling they may well tinker with the shade of blue and go lighter.

clicky clicky

Ooh, I quite like the 78-81 red away kit. Something like that would go down a treat.

I take it this will be the end of that white abomination?

Birmingham have given their fans a chance to vote for their favourite shirt, although i particually dont like any of the designs especially because umbro has been replaced by xtep a chinese firm as the main sponser.

I would love it if we went with a shirt that looked something like our 1995 shirt. Just simple blue and white halves. As for the away shirt, I love the navy one we have at the moment and would like us to retain this in some form. I also hope we do something about the sponsor. I hate the way the crown logo is just slapped on the front of the home shirt. On the navy blue away shirt, it looks good, because it's a white against a dark colour. Obviously we can't have the logo white or black on the home shirt, because it will get lost against either half, but I'm sure Crown paints have suitable Pantone red colour in their corporate guidelines that would be suitable.

I really hope they are retro but I get the impression that the England and City kits were made of that quality as they would shift loads, something that couldn't be said for Rovers shirts. That said, if they are I'd be first in the queue for one.

Retro shirts can be purchased from the club shop. There's quite a few to choose from - and they don't have a sponsor which would spoil them.

Birmingham have given their fans a chance to vote for their favourite shirt, although i particually dont like any of the designs especially because umbro has been replaced by xtep a chinese firm as the main sponser.

Rovers did that one year but now they are under Umbro and have to stick to their generic template they're probably not allowed to do so.

Well done Birmingham City.

Abit more info on the new away shirt

There is no tease, it will be released (the design) on the website this Thursday or Friday TBC

There will probably be a competition in the LET. The idea will be a draw to win the 2 signed shirts worn in the shoot by the lads.

From the moment it goes live, you will be able to pre-order (with print if desired) online immediately. You pay fully, but then get it delivered on the day it goes on sale..

The day it's delivered it will be on the shop floor and it will be launched in the shop with a player signing. This is likely to be just before the Arsenal game.

Also.........abit of 'did you know'/ useless pub fact

The numbers and letter we currently buy are not actually the same as the players wear. These are made of a flock material and are quite a bit bigger than the vinyl ones you currently get.

This year they will be selling the authentic flock numbers and letters and therefore you will actually buy the real stuff the players are wearing.

You can still choose the vinyl ones, these will be cheaper and will last longer. The choice will be with the fans...

Oh and I can tell you....its not white! :tu:

• Backroom

But is the game on or off on sunday? ;)

one thing that annoys me is the crappy material for the sponsor, my brother just bought an Exeter shirt and even they have the sponsor dyed into the material and the quality of it seems much better

Abit more info on the new away shirt

There is no tease, it will be released (the design) on the website this Thursday or Friday TBC

There will probably be a competition in the LET. The idea will be a draw to win the 2 signed shirts worn in the shoot by the lads.

From the moment it goes live, you will be able to pre-order (with print if desired) online immediately. You pay fully, but then get it delivered on the day it goes on sale..

The day it's delivered it will be on the shop floor and it will be launched in the shop with a player signing. This is likely to be just before the Arsenal game.

Also.........abit of 'did you know'/ useless pub fact

The numbers and letter we currently buy are not actually the same as the players wear. These are made of a ‘flock’ material and are quite a bit bigger than the vinyl ones you currently get.

This year they will be selling the ‘authentic’ flock numbers and letters and therefore you will actually buy the real stuff the players are wearing.

You can still choose the vinyl ones, these will be cheaper and will last longer. The choice will be with the fans...

Oh and I can tell you....its not white! :tu:

Is flock the material they used to use ages ago for the numbers? 94/95 season? Kind of furry?

Or am I just numb?

If it comes out before the Arsenal game then it means it will be released at the end of this month, unless the Arsenal game is moved to the Sunday.

Read the post again. The design gets released now and is in shops just before the Arsenal game (most likely).

Is flock the material they used to use ages ago for the numbers? 94/95 season? Kind of furry?

Or am I just numb?

Yep, flocked numbering/lettering will have sort of a 'furry' texture...the opposite of the shiny vinyl feel.

Archived