BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts 2010/2011

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little disappointed. It reminds me of the lonsdale HSA kit....

You never know tho, it might be a grower :blink:

Don't like it on first viewing, agree with above, not keen on the wide stripe on the shorts either. Suppose it will grow on me though, they usually do ...

Why isn't it on the website yet? We don't all live in Blackburn and have access to that Burnley paper LET :angry:

It's a plain red football shirt, what is NOT to like?

I can understand people not being OTT into it, but to dislike it? How?

It's okay, but why no collars anymore? Guess time has showed why Cantona packed it in so early.

I like it :) Simple design, nothing fancy and looks like a football kit.

Some people are going way OTT with their comments on the shirt, it's better than the current away kit, we no longer have to have a third kit e.g. use the previous season's kit and it is red & black like most of you wanted.

For me it depends on the material - it looks pretty good to me though.

I had a shirt with the flock lettering a while ago, home one with Duff 11 on the back, its much better than the vinyl stuff. That was from subside sports.

Would have prefered red and black halves.

What on earth do you think this is? A tool to voice your opinion?

There's no need for that. You want to calm it down a bit unlucky.

As for the new shirt. It's average. It would be better if it had been made by Nike. Why Rovers can't have Nike I'll never know, I appreciate that Nike actually own Umbro but the kit is still made by Umbro, rather than Nike. Didn't Accy Stanley have a Nike kit, made by Nike rather than Umbro, relatively recently?

It's a massive own goal by the club if you ask me, a Nike kit would tick all the right shirts for so many more people, particularly overseas, like Asia and that, where we might sell a few more shirts and socks, become a global brand and open up training camps run by Tugay and Nicky Marker. Before you knew it we'd have some American investors who would invest £700 million pounds in themselves.

So for me it's got to be Umbro out and Nike in, with a new sponsor like an on line gambling betting company or something and a collar, and halves. Halves would be a massive gamble of course and we may not sell any at all, a bit like the home shirt. But with the Nike logo I reckon we'd be in the Champions League and challenging the likes of Barca in a little under 3 years.

As for the new shirt. It's average. It would be better if it had been made by Nike. Why Rovers can't have Nike I'll never know, I appreciate that Nike actually own Umbro but the kit is still made by Umbro, rather than Nike. Didn't Accy Stanley have a Nike kit, made by Nike rather than Umbro, relatively recently?

It's a massive own goal by the club if you ask me, a Nike kit would tick all the right shirts for so many more people, particularly overseas, like Asia and that, where we might sell a few more shirts and socks, become a global brand and open up training camps run by Tugay and Nicky Marker. Before you knew it we'd have some American investors who would invest £700 million pounds in themselves.

So for me it's got to be Umbro out and Nike in, with a new sponsor like an on line gambling betting company or something and a collar, and halves. Halves would be a massive gamble of course and we may not sell any at all, a bit like the home shirt. But with the Nike logo I reckon we'd be in the Champions League and challenging the likes of Barca in a little under 3 years.

It all depends on who bids the highest to make our kits.

Rovers don't just pick and manufacturer.

Nike might have offered us £1million for 3 years and Umbro offered us £2million (the actual deal was signed before umbro got taken over by nike btw)

Nike might not have wanted to go that high; so Umbro won the bidding war

Nike might have offered us £1million for 3 years and Umbro offered us £2million (the actual deal was signed before umbro got taken over by nike btw)

But Nike own Umbro!! What the flipping heck is going on? Are they bidding against each other or something? If you ask me the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing in that company, if you can call it that. It's an absolute bloody disgrace. Someone have a word, they'll thank you for it, then again, no, keep it quiet, it's better for us this way.

• Backroom

I quite like it, the long sleeve version looks 10x better from that shot.

I'll wait to see what the home kit is like before buying one

But Nike own Umbro!! What the flipping heck is going on? Are they bidding against each other or something? If you ask me the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing in that company, if you can call it that. It's an absolute bloody disgrace. Someone have a word, they'll thank you for it, then again, no, keep it quiet, it's better for us this way.

They're still seperate companies tho. Just both are owned by Nike.

Our contract will still be with Umbro as the deal was signed before Nike bought the Umbro brand.

It's a bit like when Ford owned Jaguar.

The nike comments have been picked up on & some info for you...

NIKE have not approached our club for some time, their strategy is to either pay for the top, top clubs or to pay next to nothing for the likes of us. They would pay nowhere near what Umbro do to us!

So why would we want recieve ALOT less money just to have a gay tick on our shirt?? :blink:

Archived