BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Iphone 4G

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im out of contract around November/ December time too - so may see if they are doing any deals for upgrades for existing iphone users.

Hope they make big changes - rumours of 5m camera with zoom, multi-tasking, 20% extra battery life, faster processor, tethering etc. FM Transmitter would be useful too!!

• Backroom

Very happy with my 3gs still but may consider it come december if the price is right. None of the runoured features are deal sealers for me

Guest Kamy100

I am out of contract so am hanging fire to see what the 4G has to offer, it HAS to have better battery life.

If the 4G does not deliver, then I am most likely going to wait and buy the BlackBerry Bold 9800

Got a blackberry and I bloody hate it. 90% of usage is as a phone with half of that in the car and it's crap! I'm struggling to get a signal at home too. Orange is hopeless, vodafone little better and o2 just about functional if I tiptoe at an upstairs window. Never mind all the apps (they're for pimply faced youths and the like) mob phones have gone backwards in performance and usefulness since the Nokia 6210. 'Fit for the purpose' has gone out of the window.

Got a blackberry and I bloody hate it.

Well Blackberry are totally useless for folk of our age. Little buttons, small screen etc. Had one on trial for ten days and for me it was useless. Very clever but utterly useless. I have Orange and an iPhone 3GS, prior to getting this phone my Orange reception at home was iffy and on the main site I work from, signal strength was very poor. Since getting the iPhone both issues have disappeared. I realise the iPhone has something of a reputation but believe me when I say for easy, simple phone calls, reading e-mail and keeping a diary I have had nothing better, which would include my Nokia 6230i (or something like that) which was a fantastic phone and is sorely missed. iPhone has a big screen, big letters and big buttons - heaven for the half-blind and sausage-fingered!!!! The web surfing is fun when you need it, which isn't often to be honest.

I know iPhone has ten thousand other functions aimed at different market but I never use these, as a phone described above it is excellent. Also have to say I've been with Orange business for nearly sixteen years and had nothing but outstanding service. My wife had a PAYG with Orange and they were terrible, my youngest son has a retail contract (well I do!) and Orange have been excellent.

......and with TapaTalk you can easily read this site, using your home WiFi without the need to fire up the laptop / PC. Which I find really useful.

Guest Kamy100

Got a blackberry and I bloody hate it. 90% of usage is as a phone with half of that in the car and it's crap! I'm struggling to get a signal at home too. Orange is hopeless, vodafone little better and o2 just about functional if I tiptoe at an upstairs window. Never mind all the apps (they're for pimply faced youths and the like) mob phones have gone backwards in performance and usefulness since the Nokia 6210. 'Fit for the purpose' has gone out of the window.

Ouch doesn't sound promising for Blackberry's then. I think that if I decide to buy a Blackberry then will have to play around with it at the shop before comitting to buy it.

As Paul says the Iphone is simple phone to use for basic stuff like e-mail, texting, making phone calls and web surfing.

Well Blackberry are totally useless for folk of our age. Little buttons, small screen etc. Had one on trial for ten days and for me it was useless. Very clever but utterly useless. I have Orange and an iPhone 3GS, prior to getting this phone my Orange reception at home was iffy and on the main site I work from, signal strength was very poor. Since getting the iPhone both issues have disappeared. I realise the iPhone has something of a reputation but believe me when I say for easy, simple phone calls, reading e-mail and keeping a diary I have had nothing better, which would include my Nokia 6230i (or something like that) which was a fantastic phone and is sorely missed. iPhone has a big screen, big letters and big buttons - heaven for the half-blind and sausage-fingered!!!! The web surfing is fun when you need it, which isn't often to be honest.

I know iPhone has ten thousand other functions aimed at different market but I never use these, as a phone described above it is excellent. Also have to say I've been with Orange business for nearly sixteen years and had nothing but outstanding service. My wife had a PAYG with Orange and they were terrible, my youngest son has a retail contract (well I do!) and Orange have been excellent.

......and with TapaTalk you can easily read this site, using your home WiFi without the need to fire up the laptop / PC. Which I find really useful.

Paul you should be selling phones. I'm due a change and will take a good look at that model on your recommendation. Thanks.

due a upgrade on 28th June, quite torn between all the smart phones available at the moment, new Sony Ericsson looks quite good as does the new HTC then there's the iphone

Guest Kamy100

Iphone 4 = AMAZING

Apple have really pulled out the stops for this one, great phone design, HD video recorder, IMovie, Facetime (free video calling) and much much more.

Pre-Orders start 15th June, phone is out in the UK on 24th June 2010. The price for the 16GB is going to be over £200 and over £300 for 32GB version.

Iphone 4 = AMAZING

Apple have really pulled out the stops for this one, great phone design, HD video recorder, IMovie, Facetime (free video calling) and much much more.

Pre-Orders start 15th June, phone is out in the UK on 24th June 2010. The price for the 16GB is going to be over £200 and over £300 for 32GB version.

Doesn't look particularly like the revolution the iphone 3g/s were. In fact, I wonder how many people will actually upgrade especially as OS4 is going to be rolled out down the line.

In terms of IMovie, I wonder how useful video editiing will be on a handheld device. That will be good on the ipad but I can't see it being great on the iphone. and Facetime? Skype has been doing that for years and even over the air unlike Facetime which is WiFi only.

I have a 3GS but want a 4G. it looks stunning and I'm sure it will look even better in real life. O2 are going to offer an upgrade deal to existing customers, just need to see if its worth taking them up on.

O2 are going to offer an upgrade deal to existing customers, just need to see if its worth taking them up on.

Really?!?! Oooooh now im excited!!

Best ever resolution screen on a phone, slimmer, better battery & steel casing - love it, want it, going to get it!! :lol:

Just dont get it if you're buying it because it claims 4G. You wont be getting 4G reception on it. Unless you intend to keep it for the next 5 years.

Isn't it 4th Generation? Or am I being thick?

Well, according to O2, I get to upgrade for free and get £175 for my (slightly defective) 3G ! Bonus ! Sure, I have to agree to another 18 months worth of contract, but I'd be paying for that anyway.

Well, according to O2, I get to upgrade for free and get £175 for my (slightly defective) 3G ! Bonus ! Sure, I have to agree to another 18 months worth of contract, but I'd be paying for that anyway.

Did you ring to find that out?!

Any ideas what deals 02 are offering for 3GS customers yet?!

Yes Hughesy. You can buy out your contract for £20 a mont and keep your 3GS.

I have 12 months left so £240 plus the new handset which will be about £250. I can sell my 3GS for between £350 and £400 on Ebay so it might be tempting.

If I apply after the 4th...which il do - il get to buy out my remainder 5 month contract for £80 then.

Need to check this out though!!

However also you may be eligible for earlier upgrade....

All Pay Monthly O2 customers are part of O2 Priority List and everyone has an opportunity to upgrade early. Have a look at the table below to see how soon you will be eligible for an upgrade.

If you're a Platinum customer...get a 6 month early upgrade

If you're a Gold customer...get a 3 month early upgrade

If you're a Silver or Blue customer...get a 1 month early upgrade

If you don't already know your Priority List tier you'll be able to find out from mid-day 10 June by texting DATE to 21302.

o2 have released details of the tariffs for the 4g but still no details about handset price.

the tariffs are not great if I'm honest. Only 500mb data allowance on the lower tariffs although they do atart at £25.

Archived