BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Iphone 4G

<br />Yes Hughesy. You can buy out your contract for £20 a mont and keep your 3GS.<br />

<br />

I have 12 months left so £240 plus the new handset which will be about £250. I can sell my 3GS for between £350 and £400 on Ebay so it might be tempting.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 12 months left so £240 plus the new handset which will be about £250. I can sell my 3GS for between £350 and £400 on Ebay so it might be tempting.

To be honest, I can see prices of 3G/3GS phones plummetting now on ebay. Why would anyone pay that kind of price when they can buy the 4G.

Isn't it 4th Generation? Or am I being thick?

Its a 4th Generation Iphone but it isn't 4g compatible, which is why its just being called the Iphone 4.

The first 4g device has just been launched here in the US the Sprint EVO. By all accounts its a big drain on the battery.

Its a 4th Generation Iphone but it isn't 4g compatible, which is why its just being called the Iphone 4.

The first 4g device has just been launched here in the US the Sprint EVO. By all accounts its a big drain on the battery.

Cheers. What does 4g offer over 3g, is it just faster? Broadband fast?

Cheers. What does 4g offer over 3g, is it just faster? Broadband fast?

4g is essentially waaaay faster data transfer rates. In theory , yes broadband rates but expect the networks to put a cap so they can make more money out of it.

A note of caution to those planning to upgrade.

O2 to end unlimited data tariffs

They reckon it only affects 0.1% of customers but I'm not convinced. They could have just warned the supposed 2000 people about breaking the fair usage rules. Instead everyone (who changes contract or upgrades) will see a max 1GB monthly allowance for 3G data. Doesn't seem much to me. Plus anyone currently using unfair amounts can continue to do so if they don't change contract!

Just O2 have confirmed but from what I've read the rest are expected to follow suit.

Anyone got one on pre-order? Im hopeful il get one from 02, im down on the list so who knows. Thankfully 02 have decided to limit theirs to 02 customers only too so hopefully some of those on the list ahead of me wont be entitled to one.

If anyone wants to buy a 3GS - Send me a PM.

Guest Kamy100

Anyone got one on pre-order? Im hopeful il get one from 02, im down on the list so who knows. Thankfully 02 have decided to limit theirs to 02 customers only too so hopefully some of those on the list ahead of me wont be entitled to one.

If anyone wants to buy a 3GS - Send me a PM.

Hughesy check with the O2 store where you put your name down as apparently even though you maybe on a list, you will still need to get down to the O2 store early as it is going to be first come first serve basis, the lists are being used by them to get an indication of how many people to expect. One of my mate's is a manager at O2 told me that they will not be getting any white Iphone 4's and most stores will have between 30-50 of the black ones.

I have a reservation at the Apple Store in the Arndale so have until 8pm tomorrow to go and pick it up.

• Backroom

I am tempted but baffled by all my options right now. My contract isn't up till Feb but I could:

Buy out contract and sell 3gs and get a new o2 contract

Buy out contract sell 3GS and get a new orange contract

Sell 3gs and buy iphone outright then go on simplicity at end of my contract so it would be £20 a month instead of £35 and I wouldnt be tied in

Decisions decisions

Hughesy check with the O2 store where you put your name down as apparently even though you maybe on a list, you will still need to get down to the O2 store early as it is going to be first come first serve basis, the lists are being used by them to get an indication of how many people to expect. One of my mate's is a manager at O2 told me that they will not be getting any white Iphone 4's and most stores will have between 30-50 of the black ones.

I have a reservation at the Apple Store in the Arndale so have until 8pm tomorrow to go and pick it up.

They promised the list was pre-order not expression of interest - however il ring now and check.

Most 02 stores havent even got lists, simpy 1st come, 1st served. Its out thursday too - dont you mean you will pick it up thursday!?

My plan is to sell the 3GS (PM Me if anyone wants to buy it)....buy out my existing deal based on £20 mth & then sign up for the new 32gb one.

Guest Kamy100

Most 02 stores havent even got lists, simpy 1st come, 1st served. Its out thursday too - dont you mean you will pick it up thursday!?

Yup meant Thursday. The good thing about Apple's reservation system is that they keep it for you all day, so I can avoid the queues in the morning!

TCO - If your contract is up in February, might be an idea to wait until next June when the Iphone 5G is out, the 3GS is a very good phone!

I am tempted but baffled by all my options right now. My contract isn't up till Feb but I could:

Buy out contract and sell 3gs and get a new o2 contract

Buy out contract sell 3GS and get a new orange contract

Sell 3gs and buy iphone outright then go on simplicity at end of my contract so it would be £20 a month instead of £35 and I wouldnt be tied in

Decisions decisions

You missed out - "leave my Applemania behind, and get a proper phone"

And if you think that's not a valid comment, then surely this confirms it! ---->

My plan is to sell the 3GS (PM Me if anyone wants to buy it)....buy out my existing deal based on £20 mth & then sign up for the new 32gb one.

And this double confirms it - why have V4 when proper Apple addicts are already planning for V5???

TCO - If your contract is up in February, might be an idea to wait until next June when the Iphone 5G is out

I'm starting to think you're all barmy - look at the iphone prices, and check the alternatives!!!

Users report 'fault' on iPhone 4

"A number of users are reporting problems with their iPhone 4.

Apple's latest device went on sale on Wednesday, with hundreds of people queuing outside Apple's flagship store in central London for the launch.

The issue relates to the mobile phone signal, with users reporting a drop in signal strength when the phone is held.

The casing of Apple's latest phone is made of stainless steel, which also serves as its antenna.

Richard Warner, who bought his iPhone 4 on Wednesday morning, contacted BBC News, saying that he thought the phone was "useless in its current state".

"Apple have created a phone that has an antenna on the bottom left-hand side of the phone. This means that when you hold it in your left hand, the signal bars slowly fade until there is no signal," he wrote."

Guest Kamy100

Seems that Apple have made a big error with regards to the Iphone4, basically holding it in the bottom left hand corner leads to the signal dropping:

Iphone4 Reception Problem Video

A huge number of people reporting this problem, has the potential of becoming a product recall issue.

Archived