BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

What do you mean "exposed"?

He's already admitted he didn't really know that much about the Syed bid before it broke.

He's a football journalist, not a Blackburn Rovers journalist. There's not a journalist in the world who's ahead of every story.

Furthermore, who cares? This is a transfer thread. Can you take your childish squabble somewhere else? I think most of us are sick of it.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The locals are going bananas here; I say if we don't have the money by the end next week we go ape at the Arsenal game and let the board know we won't stand for such level headed negotiations.

SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL!!!!!!!!! :!:

Keep up??? I think you should keep up with your comments...your problem as you have stated above is with "if" not "when"...so the fact that we probably wont get money in this transfer window has no bearing on your pessimism.

And thank you for proving me right... Nicko claimed obstacles and then elaborated by implying there are doubts IF we will get alot of money.

And then when a story is posted that we may most likely not be getting any money this transfer window..there you are ready with your "wam, bam" acting as though you already knew about it. You've been exposed once again pal.

The fact is you weren't in the know about this takeover and you're still not in the know..get over it

The sad fact, is though this post is accurate and makes good points. The majority of people of this site will only see it as an insult to nicko and you'll probably get told to "stick to the topic" (a reply I've never seen put against nicko rants or bigging up of Owen Coyle.)

Don't bother chilly, debating with nicko is like arguing against a creationist given the strawmen and constant shifting of position.

what the hell is going on? Nicko is reliable and shock horror has an opinion-deal with it,i have been trying to follow the transfer thread but all I have seen on the pages is a two on one attack on nicko-is it too much to ask to get this on topic?

The sad fact, is though this post is accurate and makes good points. The majority of people of this site will only see it as an insult to nicko and you'll probably get told to "stick to the topic" (a reply I've never seen put against nicko rants or bigging up of Owen Coyle.)

what the hell is going on? Nicko is reliable and shock horror has an opinion-deal with it,i have been trying to follow the transfer thread but all I have seen on the pages is a two on one attack on nicko-is it too much to ask to get this on topic?

I'm sure the irony was lost on this perfectly timed reply.

Either way nicko is sulking because it isn't his story. Boo hoo. Grow up.

Realism not pessimism. Get used to it.

The manager has confirmed that it is too quick for a takeover to happen this month.

So he is getting on with what he has got and not getting carried away.

The quotes are quite specific. The reference to 'what we have read' also pretty telling.

While wasting time bickering with a couple of duds round here I have also found out that you have two more trialists in, playing a game this afternoon.

And there are NO plans to be tossing big wages at players in this window either.

Oh, and there is some news on Jason Roberts.

But I will leave that to the experts to tell you about.

if i recall correctly, the free transfer window closes later, then the regular.

with the new 25 player rule, perhaps some clubs and players will agree upon a termination of contract, especially if a rich indian flashes his cash.

The manager has confirmed that it is too quick for a takeover to happen this month.

The quotes are quite specific. The reference to 'what we have read' also pretty telling.

While wasting time bickering with a couple of duds round here I have also found out that you have two more trialists in, playing a game this afternoon.

And there are NO plans to be tossing big wages at players in this window either.

They addressed the "WHEN" question, not the "IF" one that you could using....

if i recall correctly, the free transfer window closes later, then the regular.

There isn't a free transfer window as such.

You can sign out-of-contract players outside of the window, providing they were already without a contract at the point the window closed.

There isn't a free transfer window as such.

You can sign out-of-contract players outside of the window, providing they were already without a contract at the point the window closed.

exactly what i meant, thanks for clarifying the rules.

It does seem unfair, to implement such a rule change, without considering all the footballers, who wont be able to play.

Guest Kamy100

Well Done Nicko, your input on this board are is appreciated by the vast majority of people, and there is nothing wrong with preaching caution.

You are also right when you said that the before this deal can go ahead then it has to be okayed by the Premier League, this process takes at least 10 days, so if it hasn't even been registered with the Premier League then getting it cleared before the end of the transfer deadline is going to be almost impossible.

Finally Sam's comments are very telling, especially as he has been told by John Williams that a deal is still someway off, that fits in with everything else we have heard, in terms of the club still talking to other interested parties. I think that there are still issues that Mr Ali has to address.

Den, I've fixed it for you. 400 pages of utter sh!te. We've signed Man U's 5th/6th choice striker on loan and "one for the future" for next to nothing.

We're constantly receiving updates on our transfer dealings. The fact that they don't seem to result in much other than what you mention above doesn't make the entire thread rubbish. Guess you're pretty smart if it took you 400 pages to realise that the entire thread is utter sh!te :P

Popov sounds like a good potential signing and ticks all the boxes:

- 22 years old= potential re-sale if he performs well.

- Versatile- winger, second striker or as an AMC/trequartista behind a striker.

- Chips in with goals- 8 goals in 19 apperances last season.

- International experience.

Could be a good signing for us.

You play FM don't you?

Hopefully Popov pops a few in in training and we can then pop him out wide. :tu: I wonder if he likes spinach?

Oh and in ones experience one only takes offence to being called a "Sad sack" if one is one. :P

Wham bam, thank you Sam.

Can we get back to talking sense now.

What a ridiculous argument. The LT also stated from the moment they broke the story about the four week period, as Nicko has been stating, that nothing has changed for this window. There will not be millions to spend - yet

God this is boring....

bicker - bicker - bicker - bicker

Like watching a pair of 5 year old girls arguing over a soggy doll... Why don't you pair get a room?

Anyway, I do have a request. What's the update on Jason Roberts?

Well Done Nicko, your input on this board are is appreciated by the vast majority of people, and there is nothing wrong with preaching caution.

You are also right when you said that the before this deal can go ahead then it has to be okayed by the Premier League, this process takes at least 10 days, so if it hasn't even been registered with the Premier League then getting it cleared before the end of the transfer deadline is going to be almost impossible.

Finally Sam's comments are very telling, especially as he has been told by John Williams that a deal is still someway off, that fits in with everything else we have heard, in terms of the club still talking to other interested parties. I think that there are still issues that Mr Ali has to address.

You have known more about this process than anyone I know, so I listen to what you say intently.

Unfortunately things like time-scales and proper discussions seem lost on the odd nugget around.

What a ridiculous argument. The LT also stated from the moment they broke the story about the four week period, as Nicko has been stating, that nothing has changed for this window. There will not be millions to spend - yet

To be fair, Syed sais the other day that he wanted it done to spend some cash in this window...a subtle difference but perhaps a significant one in his 'line.'

Archived