BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Parking - Matchday

Heads up for those who usually park there - Darwen Vale and the one across form the Theatre are having drainage work carried out resulting in the car parks being mostly closed. Also Albion Mill is being demolished soon. Removes about 700 spaces which are usually used on match days - however Branch Road ind. estate is offering more spaces, along with the club on the old Church and so are the J4 services. Happy queuing!

Vale along with Albion Mill are to be demolished therefore, all those spaces will be lost.Also, the drainage work on Albion Road will take upto 18 months to complete.New additional parking is available on Branch Road along with the M65 Services.

I have been told that the new carpark on Branch road will set you back £100.00 for the season.The new build for Darwen Vale will take two years, good luck to those who'll be travelling into Ewood by car.

I do recall that somebody was starting a campaign to get the trains running through Ewood again don't know what happened with that one.

Vale along with Albion Mill are to be demolished therefore, all those spaces will be lost.Also, the drainage work on Albion Road will take upto 18 months to complete.New additional parking is available on Branch Road along with the M65 Services.

I have been told that the new carpark on Branch road will set you back £100.00 for the season.The new build for Darwen Vale will take two years, good luck to those who'll be travelling into Ewood by car.

I do recall that somebody was starting a campaign to get the trains running through Ewood again don't know what happened with that one.

Just a station on the existing line behind the Riverside would be fine... but that's been talked to death now...

Up to Moorgate it is resident parking only and the cone police will be out in force looking for victims. looks like we are going to have some real parking problems. Mill Hill may see some extra income coming their way. Is the Navvy still open, likewise Kings Inn and Mill Hill WMC ?

There is a free Car Park BEHIND The Aqueduct (not the pub car park).

It is signposted River Darwen Parkway and has a blue P on the sign.

Shhh...don't tell anyone.

You can all park there if you want, I walk it from LD.

First come first served though....also it is secluded and there are gypo's close-by so don't leave your Ford Transit.

Google map

Another parking area out of action:

The lay-by at Lower Darwen (just by the roundabout on Greenbank Terrace) is currently fenced off and piled high with stone chippings. I'm not sure what they are there for, but I can't imagine it being cleared by Saturday.

• Moderation Lead

Can't go far wrong with Longshaw Unity WMC Car Park (though it's small) on Bryan Street and obviously anywhere at the top of the hill behind the Riverside. Though over the winter that was nightmarish!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag this thread up from the depths.

First home match I can get to tomorrow and I always used to park on the Albion Mill or Darwen Vale on match day which are now shut.

Does anyone has any other suggestions for car parking than those that have already been mentioned?

As far as I can see that Parkway one seems to be the best and even my Mirror journalist friend (no, not Nicko) has to park on that one, but it's obviously on the other side of the ground to the motorway junction and how soon do you need to get to it to find a space?

Do they have any limit on how long you can park on the service station?

Failing that I could always park at my mum's in Rishton and get the train.

This is the minute form last week's Fans Forum where John Newsham talked about car parking and some of the new ones brought in to replace the spaces lost: -

5. Match Day Car Parking

MH asked for an update on car parking at home games as there had been some changes this season. JN replied that around 650 car parking spaces had been lost this summer. 50 spaces at the Aqueduct car park had been lost as United Utilities needed the space for major work. The car park at Darwen Vale school had also closed, losing 600 spaces, mainly used by away fans. In addition Albion Mill car park had been lost as the mill was being demolished.

New car parks had been identified, 125 spaces on Branch Road, 100 at Darwen Cricket Club and Junction 4 services taking most away fans. Car park F was also now fully available with up to 150 spaces.

Or you can do what I do - street park in Mill Hill, 10 minutes walk to the ground and no traffic delays after the game. I'm usually back at home in Penwortham while Preston Blue is still sat in the Blackburn End car park :lol: If you do that though watch out for resident parking only streets.

Amazingly, the Car Park opposite Albion Mill seemed no busier than normal for the Everton game. The main problem with it is they close the gate an hour after the final whistle, which isn't useful if I want to go to blues afterwards.

Thanks Glenn, how on earth did I forget about that car park?

They should build a railway station next to the ground.

There was talk around the time we won the Prem of Jack Walker investing in a small teleportation device that could get everyone into the ground for kick off and send everyone home instantaneously after the game. That investment failed to turn up, for whatever reason, and the rest is history...

Street parking in Mill Hill is a decent shout, BTW.

Archived