BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] South Of The Uk

PAFELL

Rovers supporting Londoner here...used to live in Nottingham and got up to Ewood more frequently than I can now, but still try to make the trip once a season and I go to as many away games down here as possible. I went to university in South West London so the Fulham away day was a bit of a tradition from 1999 onwards, until 2007 when I bought the ticket last minute and Fulham's ticket office assured me they'd get me a seat in with the away fans but put me in the family section instead. When we scored you could just about make me out on the MotD highlights as the only person standing up and celebrating behind the goal.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Born in Australia living in London now. Been to Fulham away the past two years, Spurs last year and took a cheap train down to Pompey last year as well. This year will try to get to Emirates and West Ham too I think. Unlikely to head to Stamford though, despite it being about 500m from my house...

I live in a small village not far from Bedford, and funnily enough there were quite a few Blackburn fans in my year at school. Try to get to half a dozen games a season (home and away). Apparently Jim Mk II used to live in the next village along from mine - I think that's almost a claim to fame on here!! :lol:

Rovers supporting Londoner here...used to live in Nottingham and got up to Ewood more frequently than I can now, but still try to make the trip once a season and I go to as many away games down here as possible. I went to university in South West London so the Fulham away day was a bit of a tradition from 1999 onwards, until 2007 when I bought the ticket last minute and Fulham's ticket office assured me they'd get me a seat in with the away fans but put me in the family section instead. When we scored you could just about make me out on the MotD highlights as the only person standing up and celebrating behind the goal.

Are you related to Eddie Hitler From Shepherds Bush?

North west London Brent.

Born in Beirut moved to blackburn when i was one one lived there till i was 3 then moved to London lived ever since.

Havent been to a game since my grandad passed away. he was the reason i support blackburn hoping to get up to more ggames this year as should be driving soon.

I'm in Crawley, about 20 mins north of Brighton.

Born and lived in darwen till age 8 then moved away, spent last 6 years living in Portugal where I saw rovers play twice, now were back int uk aim to get in at least 4-5 home games and same number away, bit steep for a family of five, but we try :)

I live in a small village not far from Bedford, and funnily enough there were quite a few Blackburn fans in my year at school. Try to get to half a dozen games a season (home and away). Apparently Jim Mk II used to live in the next village along from mine - I think that's almost a claim to fame on here!! :lol:

Not too far from you. I live just outside of Luton off the A6.

I tend to get to the London games. Haven't got up to Ewood for a few seasons though.

I'm born and bred in Norwich, supported Rovers since I was 12 years old when I decided I just couldn't support Norwich like all my friends, even though at the time they were a good side and beating the likes of Bayern in europe! Barely get up to Ewood due to the cost and distance but there are a surprisingly large number of Rovers around this way. My brother is also a Rovers supporter as well as 3 others in my group of friends. I love the look of bemusement on peoples faces when they ask who I support, they can't seem to work out why I would support lowly little Blackburn, there's just something a little bit special about our beloved club though!

I know it's not in the south east but in keeping with living in the south away from Lancashire, I live in Gloucester. I don't have any links to Blackburn. My family has links to Manchester (Gran lives 5 mins from Old Trafford) so most of them including my brother support Man Utd but I decided I wanted to be different so I chose Rovers as my team and, despite going through thick and thin, I am glad I did. Like its_rovertime has said, I love the look on peoples faces when I tell them who I support and they just can't seem to comprehend why!

I don't get up to see Rovers at Ewood because of the distance/cost (only a student) and because I don't drive yet. Also, the problem is with the rest of the family supporting Man Utd, no-one else wants to go see Rovers. However, as I am at Uni in Birmingham I try to get to the away games in and around the midlands if I can and again depending on costs. Sounds bad but thats the problem with being a student!

Living near Dover.

Only met one other Blackburn fan here, the very own Bryan from this board, who I bumped into at my local where we watched the Villa Rovers carling cup game.

I intend to go to see the away matches in london, mostly Fulham and West Ham, but due to my working hours I have found this hard to do so far.

Upminster (end of the District line in North East London) here. Used to have a mate from Huddersfield who lived round the corner who I'd go to games with. He's gone back home for the time being. Try and get to Ewood at least once a year if not more. Spurs away is also a regular fixture though I've never seen us win there (sorry!).

Wasn't there a pub in London owned by a Rover somewhere? I was always meaning to give that a go.

We have to hope manure fans dont read this particular thread, they will be slagging us off for our "southern based support" !!!

Definitely, some of the posters on this thread have actually admitted they have no family ties with Lancashire! Glory hunters!

Whereas every United fan you meet from outside the region say; 'but my dad is from Manchester'

I live in a town called Gosport, just outside of Portsmouth. Pretty much as South as you can get without going to the Isle of Wight.

I meet Rovers now and again. I caught the bug in 1994 and kept it since.

I've only been to Ewood once, but I've seen ten or so away games. Unfortunately my kids spend most of my money so it'll be difficult to get to Ewood soon, but I hope to catch a London or Midlands game this season.

Living near Dover.

Only met one other Blackburn fan here, the very own Bryan from this board, who I bumped into at my local where we watched the Villa Rovers carling cup game.

I intend to go to see the away matches in london, mostly Fulham and West Ham, but due to my working hours I have found this hard to do so far.

Well, benniboy11, you joined this website on the birthday of the very fan you met. I know that because Bryan and I share 10th April; different years of course.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people from other parts of the country with no connections to Blackburn or Lancashire can have the passion for the Rovers like we have; we who have been weaned at Ewood.

The fan its_rovertime from Norwich is the most amazing. I remember the canaries in Europe playing brilliant football. How could you, a Norfolkian, resist that to follow little old Rovers?

Glad to welcome all of you on board, especially robohitler with your first post. :)

I must admit it's nice to be called most amazing bazza! :)

I still have a fondness for those damn canaries but not enough to stop me gloating about Rovers premier league status as they toil in the lower divisions. Fair's fair, we have done a stint down there in my time supporting the club and I got plenty of grief when we were relegated.

Norwich were playing some lovely stuff back then and I did visit Carrow Road a number of times before realising that my heart wasn't in it and for some reason the arrival of small town club Blackburn Rovers with a fairy tale making owner at the helm just grabbed me and I've been hooked ever since.

with aussie parents football came very late to me despite being born here in England, I got into Rovers via Alan Shearer, I followed the player without supporting a club for a while and when he moved to Rovers I took the plunge, 18 years later and an arte et labore tattoo across my shoulders and I eventually moved up north 8 years ago to be closer! love the club

the stick you get when people assume you started supporting them in 95! F**K OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got ticket stubs to prove it!

love the club :wub:

Mattyblue you're a cheeky git by the way! bell me me bruv...been a while!

Definitely, some of the posters on this thread have actually admitted they have no family ties with Lancashire! Glory hunters!

Whereas every United fan you meet from outside the region say; 'but my dad is from Manchester'

I do not think it is fair to call those outside of Lancashire, who have no links with the area, glory hunters. In this thread people have said how they became Rovers supporters. I enjoyed reading those posts. Possible there were some around the prem winning days, who did join for that reason, then found out how good the club really was, therefore stayed. May have started off as glory hunters, but are no longer so.

There are many reasons why a person supports a particular club outside of their own home area. Maybe strange reasons from anothers point of view. But I do not think it is right to critise them for their reasons.

I live in the Hasting area, south ease uk. I was born in Blackburn, I have family in the area still. 1975 was my first trip to Ewood Park and I remained a Rovers supporter since.

I started this thread off as I was curious to learn of the Rovers support, say south of watford. It has been good to hear about supporters in the brighton area, dover, etc places not to far from where I live. Ironically we all could have passed each other on the way to lancashire, for a match, yet didn't know.

As I currently work for a bus / coach company and know it is possible to hire a coach from them. I wondered how many rovers supporters were near to Hastings, in case it was possible to organise a trip to Rovers. At the moment it looks like we are all too far away from each other to do it.

Archived