BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

Eddie Davies - again Bolton can afford more than us these days - net worth £65 million. Of course the ideal owner would be worth billions but that's hardly the point.

My understanding of the Bolton situation was that a lot of their debt was piled against the holding company.

I'm not sure how much they spent in the summer, but my impression was it wasn't much.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pope?

Would an excellent owner for the Rovers. Not only would there by cash to spare, the odd papal blessing wouldn't hurt our chances either.

The site should start selling BRFCS T-shirts or something so we can spot fellow members at games - all proceeds go to Sam's transfer kitty ^_^

This is actually a fairly decent idea, assuming the Club would not object. Though I'd prefer the proceeds to go to site maintenance and improvements first, then to Sam's transfer kitty (or more likely gum supply).

Would an excellent owner for the Rovers. Not only would there by cash to spare, the odd papal blessing wouldn't hurt our chances either.

This is actually a fairly decent idea, assuming the Club would not object. Though I'd prefer the proceeds to go to site maintenance and improvements first, then to Sam's transfer kitty (or more likely gum supply).

At the risk of taking this thread even more off topic. The site is currently running at a loss, any such projects (as I *would* like to do something like this) will be done to fund BRFCS, not Sam's gum supply ;)

At the risk of taking this thread even more off topic. The site is currently running at a loss, any such projects (as I *would* like to do something like this) will be done to fund BRFCS, not Sam's gum supply ;)

Glenn,

I know that several board members, including myself would be willing to donate to yourself to help with running costs.

If you set up a Paypal, I'm sure that it would fill up nicely.

Glenn,

I know that several board members, including myself would be willing to donate to yourself to help with running costs.

If you set up a Paypal, I'm sure that it would fill up nicely.

Wheels are already in motion and when I see Ste on Saturday we'll be about 3 steps from being able to do that. But thanks for the offer :)

Wheels are already in motion and when I see Ste on Saturday we'll be about 3 steps from being able to do that. But thanks for the offer :)

Maybe start a separate 'fundraising/merchandise' thread to discuss ideas? sorry for causing this thread to go off on a tangent

Why don't those who think it worthwhile just send a cheque to some address on the Fylde like last time Glenn? It'd save a lot of peeing about.

Best part of Papal ownership (aside from the advantage in the 'lady luck' sweepstakes) would be that the Shorts and socks would ALWAYS remain white!!! C'mon Benedict, you know you fancy a football club!

Too bad about Kamy. He was a voice of reason, in addition to being a source of information.

Not speculating at all but he's not run off with Julia has he? :rolleyes:

Shame though. Kamy was a respected member of long standing and a good poster to boot. Goes without saying that we need as many of those as we can get.

On a far more serious note, I am digesting the content of a message I have received. It reveals that even our wonderful club attracts some individuals who are the lowest of the low.

Message or do you mean PM Philip? Personally speaking I've long held the view that PM's are the bane of this site.

Kamy, thanks for all the info and effort getting it. Really appreciated by me and alot of others who view this site. All the best.

Glenn, I take it you will post on the messageboard a way for us to contribute to the costs of the site when ready.

Getting back to the thread, think this one will run for at least another 4 weeks. No rush required with the transfer window closed. Additional interest is only good for the club. Just hope the Trust pick the best long term owner, sure they will as some of them are Rovers fans after all, they just don't want to keep stumping up for the hobby in such vast amounts anymore.

Please, just enough player funds for another Europa league adventure...

I don't think I'd pay much to see you in a pair of speedo's wallowing around in a mud pool :wacko:

.... on second thoughts ! :lol::P

Yes, none of you could handle This. <------- Yes that is a capital t.

Sending a cheque would be good for me too, just give the word. I would hate for Paypal to get a percentage.

Kamy, thanks for all the info and effort getting it. Really appreciated by me and alot of others who view this site. All the best.

Glenn, I take it you will post on the messageboard a way for us to contribute to the costs of the site when ready.

Getting back to the thread, think this one will run for at least another 4 weeks. No rush required with the transfer window closed. Additional interest is only good for the club. Just hope the Trust pick the best long term owner, sure they will as some of them are Rovers fans after all, they just don't want to keep stumping up for the hobby in such vast amounts anymore.

Please, just enough player funds for another Europa league adventure...

Agree there's no huge rush - but (and it must be a Rovers fan thing) just get this nagging feeling that if it doesn't get sorted fairly soon then come January we will be on the 'fringes of a takeover which will hopefully go through in time to free up some funds'. Come February 1st - we will have added to our options with Dean Saunders on a pay as you play deal and the takeover will vanish into thin air.....

I don't think I'd pay much to see you in a pair of speedo's wallowing around in a mud pool :wacko:

.... on second thoughts !

Off topic but speaking of embarrassing Speedo's.... Anybody watch the In betweeners this week? Funniest programme on the box by a country mile. :lol: :lol:

btw Whats going on with the gremlins on here? How did you post this 43 mins ago yet Rebs link says 15.19? :wacko:

Off topic but speaking of embarrassing Speedo's.... Anybody watch the In betweeners this week? Funniest programme on the box by a country mile. :lol: :lol:

btw Whats going on with the gremlins on here? How did you post this 43 mins ago yet Rebs link says 15.19? :wacko:

Probably cuase I am in the east coast of the US at the moment and have set the time on here accordingly.

Arrange a BRFCS sportsmans dinner. The cash would pour in!

Spot on - I wanted to go to the Alan ball dinner at rovers a few years ago, but he went and died.

I think you would get some real interest around xmas

Best part of Papal ownership (aside from the advantage in the 'lady luck' sweepstakes) would be that the Shorts and socks would ALWAYS remain white!!! C'mon Benedict, you know you fancy a football club!

Might not pass the fit and proper test! As his company has had alot of bad press of late!

Archived