BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

47er

I do worry about it, but wasn't Rio treated in the same way when he was younger? Used in midfield to accommodate him?

In his West Ham day it wasn't uncommon for him to play at centre forward. Sol Campbell also played up front and at both full-back positions before settling into centre half.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Its been said he is out for 4-5 months which ends his season if true.

On the bright side, no one will bid for him in January. :rolleyes:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! That does it then, this MF'ing week cannot get any worse.

:angry:

Good luck w/ the Op Phil, get well soon lad as we'll all be waiting for you!

We looked rather vulnerable without him shielding the back four today I must say, which doesn't bode well for future game. Hope for a speedy recovery but he will obviously be a big miss.

Agreed we are crying out for someone in the middle of the park to protect the back for, and if possible drive us foward. I know players like this are rare and expensive but we badly need someone there.

• Backroom

Gutted for Jones, but he'll be back, no question about that. It's a nasty one, but there are worse injuries out there that are much harder to recover from. From everything I've seen and heard he's got the right attitude and I'm sure he'll be alright.

A shame we'll basically be playing the rest of the season without him, good both in his original position and as cover for our already weak midfield.

It's in the Mirror, must be true then. Call me cynical but I actually had a suspicion that by leaving him out on Saturday the Venks had asked for him to be wrapped in cotton wool in preparation for the window in January. Only Samba being injured forced our hand in to playing him. Anyway that is what I though as soon as I saw he was not in the team.

Archived