BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England

Iceman

2 many posts flying about in the other threads, so share your views here about the England squad. As a neutral, i think Capello has got it wrong. People are saying, that Phil is too young to be in the squad, but would he have played if he was selected?

My take on it, is that if he was selected, irrespective if he played or not, would have given him such a big boost. I hear people saying, that Smalling got picked, because there is more pressure at United? Seriously, that is rubbish, because Smalling has hardly played, so what pressure has he been under?

Jones, on the other hand, is the 1 who is facing the pressure. At 18, he is basically carrying the team, and there is much more responsibility on him, than Smalling at United.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why Davies has been omitted. Especially for Bothroyd who, btw:

"The Cardiff striker, who has previously played for Coventry, Charlton and Wolves, and also had a short spell in Italy with Perugia, has scored 15 goals already this season."

I swear these muppets forget us on purpose.

As for the squad - obviously he's going young, but we're simply not good enough to compete at the highest level. I've no idea why Smalling made it over Jones either.

What i said above Nelsta. What pressure is Smalling under? Yes he plays for United, but he is not a regular like Jones. So on form, and who plays regularly, Jones, Cahill and Shawcross should be ahead of Smalling

Too be honest , I am not really bothered about international football..But this present squad is bizarre to say the least .

My gut feeling is all England managers want to their players to play for Man u , Liverpool ,Arsenal etc etc

But the Bothroyd selection at 28 yrs old ,is very odd..

But then again I don,t get paid £6mill a year !!!

Andy Carroll will pull out today with an injury...

what a shame ...despite all the off field problems he well and truly looks a class act - hes got nearly everything in his locker

nicko - is there a reason why phil jones isnt in the squad ? and chris smalling is - no worries if you dont know

How is smalling in the england squad? He's play about 4 games all season, all because he plays for man utd. very sad. How is Cahill and K.Davies not in the england squad, both playing very well. Also if jones isn't in the england squad then why is he not in the under 21's

Personally think it's time that Capello was sacked asap. Then get Harry redknapp has manager. Would do a excellent job and very good with the players. At least the players would understand what he was saying unlike Capello. Capello still doesn't speak very good english. Taxi for Capello :lol:

How is smalling in the england squad? He's play about 4 games all season, all because he plays for man utd. very sad. How is Cahill and K.Davies not in the england squad, both playing very well. Also if jones isn't in the england squad then why is he not in the under 21's

Personally think it's time that Capello was sacked asap. Then get Harry redknapp has manager. Would do a excellent job and very good with the players. At least the players would understand what he was saying unlike Capello. Capello still doesn't still very good english. Taxi for Capello :lol:

Taxi for chaddyrovers.

nicko - is there a reason why phil jones isnt in the squad ? and chris smalling is - no worries if you dont know

Jones was in the 'provisional' squad for the game and is clearly in England thoughts. He is in the under-21s well before his time.

Smalling got the nod by default. He is not good enough, so young Jones will overtake him in all ways sooner rather than later.

Mind you, it would help if he played centre half because he is NOT an England-standard midfield player.

Depends what England ask him to do in midfield. He can play the destroyer role as well as Barry.

He can't even play the destroyer role as well as Vince Grella! Don't get me wrong cos Jones is a great asset in covering ground but he keeps getting caught 'wrong side' of the opposition.

Just dawned on me...there has been a shocking mistake over Phil Jones.

He was left out of the under-21s for the Germany game on Tuesday because he was in the provisional squad for the big team.

So now he misses out on BOTH squads.

Do these people not talk to each other.

Cahill coming in for Terry, by the way.

Farcical.

Just dawned on me...there has been a shocking mistake over Phil Jones.

He was left out of the under-21s for the Germany game on Tuesday because he was in the provisional squad for the big team.

So now he misses out on BOTH squads.

Do these people not talk to each other.

Cahill coming in for Terry, by the way.

Farcical.

The FA stopped being fit for purpose long ago.

Archived