BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Preview 04/11/10

OhmiBRFC

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Souness used to go three at the back when we were drawing - and lose. Remember that Jal?

Towards the end of his tenure maybe but not at the beginning.

Lets not forget Souness delivered a promotion and added a domestic cup win to the Ewod Park trophy cabinet, so no one can deny that he wasnt brave when it came to playing or managing a game of football.

Fortune favours the brave, any coach will say once your in the final third anything goes, try anything, have a go, the goals are there, get that ball into that bloody net. Easier said than done but that will kill time, celebrating another goal.

You weren't Daivd Ginola's personal adviser in 1994 were you?

Well, that's the thing. It would be nice if we TRIED to keep hold of the ball. It would have stretched an already ragged Wolves side and we could have capitalized as they pushed up. Instead, we just pelted it straight back to them. If not for Robbo's heroics, it would have very easily been 3-2 because of that tactic. I think some fans are displeased because it's a running theme under the manager and we know the lack of ambition is going to bite us on the ass again soon.

I seem to remember, during the game you were on here arguing with LeChuck about Sam not using Kakinic, Topman.

Instead of telling us all that we didn't pass the ball and it could have finished 3-2, just get down to the ground and support the side for a change.

Is your memory playing tricks with you Bellamy ? Derbyshire hoofed the ball into the corner with the score at 2-1 and no Rovers player anywhere near, from this City collected the ball came up field and scored a last minute equaliser because silly Matty threw away possesion.

I seem to remember that rather than collect the ball and run to the corner he instead hit a very tame shot to their goalie who hit it down field and started the play for their equaliser.

I seem to remember that rather than collect the ball and run to the corner he instead hit a very tame shot to their goalie who hit it down field and started the play for their equaliser.

No, he hit the ball into the corner behind the full back to waste time.

3 nil up with twenty minutes left against the worst footballing side in the division, who hadn't troubled our keeper since the first minute, the result was never in doubt.

Its debatable whether the Wolves are the worst side in the division. I think they're better than their league standing warrants.

On the other hand, I firmly disagree with the concept that they did not trouble Robbo. There were some heart in the throat moments throughout the match. That they didn't score is a testament to Robison's ability as a keeper but to characterize it has the keeper was never troubled is a step too far. IMO.

Well, that's the thing. It would be nice if we TRIED to keep hold of the ball. It would have stretched an already ragged Wolves side and we could have capitalized as they pushed up. Instead, we just pelted it straight back to them. If not for Robbo's heroics, it would have very easily been 3-2 because of that tactic. I think some fans are displeased because it's a running theme under the manager and we know the lack of ambition is going to bite us on the ass again soon.

I don't put that down to lack of ambition. I put it down to a suprising lack of professionalism from the manager and staff.

I seem to remember, during the game you were on here arguing with LeChuck about Sam not using Kakinic, Topman.

Instead of telling us all that we didn't pass the ball and it could have finished 3-2, just get down to the ground and support the side for a change.

Correct. Opinion formed from watching on the telly are usually worthless imo.

If winning 3-0 isnt enough then what the hell is Sam meant to do?????????????

From a 7-1 defeat he managed to regroup the team, fire them up and beat Wolves comfortably. Yes Robbo probably pulled off one or two more saves than he should have, but we still WON THE GAME.

Thought Rovers fans were better than this.

Apparently now a 3-0 victory at home displays:

a suprising lack of professionalism from the manager and staff.

Get a grip. Shocking.

Lol - can't believe this debate is still going on!

There cannot be a single Rovers fan that is unhappy with winning 3-0. Correct?

Equally, there cannot be a single Rovers fan that feels that when 3 v 3 in the last third, in the last 10 minutes, whilst 3-0 up, against a team likely to be relegated, the best course of action is to pass it back to Robbo to hoof up field. Correct?

Onwards and upwards!

Lol - can't believe this debate is still going on!

There cannot be a single Rovers fan that is unhappy with winning 3-0. Correct?

Equally, there cannot be a single Rovers fan that feels that when 3 v 3 in the last third, in the last 10 minutes, whilst 3-0 up, against a team likely to be relegated, the best course of action is to pass it back to Robbo to hoof up field. Correct?

Onwards and upwards!

Correct. :lol:

Good Summary.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived