BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe and Robbie Cotton

How did Lowe do today?

Didn't look very comfortable on the ball, passing it back to the player who passed to him most times, certainly in the first half. Second half he settled a little, although was relatively anonymous. Both he and Josh Morris were overshadowed by the cameo appearance from Linganzi, who looked the real deal - strong running, tackles, looks for a pass and shows good movement off the ball.

Going back to Lowe, I don't think much can be read into his performance, other than it was a little understated.

:rover:

Didn't look very comfortable on the ball, passing it back to the player who passed to him most times, certainly in the first half. Second half he settled a little, although was relatively anonymous. Both he and Josh Morris were overshadowed by the cameo appearance from Linganzi, who looked the real deal - strong running, tackles, looks for a pass and shows good movement off the ball.

Going back to Lowe, I don't think much can be read into his performance, other than it was a little understated.

:rover:

thought he played well in 1st half probably his first touch was a 40 yard crossfield ball to douff who didnt move an inch,2nd half went quiet.

Jason Lowe leapfrogged Goulon and Linganzi into the starting XI today while Robbie Cotton has come from nowhere to get on the bench.

I was just wondering if somebody who attends the reserves could give an appraisal of them? I know nothing...!

Linganzi is by far a better player than Jason Lowe.

How did Lowe do today?

Not good enough and nowhere near prem standard.

Sorry but I can't agree with you there mate. Linganzi came on for about 8 mins and looked ok.

Jason Lowe looks a proper footballer and was always looking to receive the ball in centre midfield and was not afraid to bollock more senior players such as Salgado and Pedersen if necessary. I thought he put in a more than decent first appearance and am very impressed with him.

Sorry but I can't agree with you there mate. Linganzi came on for about 8 mins and looked ok.

Jason Lowe looks a proper footballer and was always looking to receive the ball in centre midfield and was not afraid to bollock more senior players such as Salgado and Pedersen if necessary. I thought he put in a more than decent first appearance and am very impressed with him.

Linganzi did in 8 minutes far more then what Lowe did during the whole of the game. Lowe looked below ordinary but it should be a massive boost for the lad that hes played in the first team, thats the only positive you can take from it. As Linganzi had far more power, pace, and precision to his game than young Lowe has.

Cant say i'm impressed with young Morris either, he looked out of his depth against Liverpool and today provided very little to suggest otherwise against a championship team.

Takes time to get to that level and not one game, probably 10 at least to get to the pace and experience of first team football, remember someone at PNE said the same about a certain loanee from Man U??

Linganzi did in 8 minutes far more then what Lowe did during the whole of the game. Lowe looked below ordinary but it should be a massive boost for the lad that hes played in the first team, thats the only positive you can take from it. As Linganzi had far more power, pace, and precision to his game than young Lowe has.

Coming on for an 8 minute cameo is all well and good. You obviously have an opinion about what makes a good footballer. My opinion on seeing Jason Lowe for the first time is that for one so young he has what it takes and over a period of time will make a greater impact for BRFC than Linganzi will.

We shall see?

• Backroom

I have to say after seeing Linganzi against Norwich and today he looks a better playe than Lowe did in his game today but Lowe looked decent.

I don't think Linganzi will make it here though Kean doesn't seem to be a fan.

Neither Lowe or Morris looked anywhere near Premier league class today. They looked like little boys trying to play with men. They are both a long way from first team standard. Linganzi was only on for a few minutes but looked far more comfortable.

Cant say i'm impressed with young Morris either, he looked out of his depth against Liverpool and today provided very little to suggest otherwise against a championship team.

To be fair JAL you are pretty hysterical judge. I remember around 12 months ago when you were saying Hoilett would never make it, and now he has. Sometimes you make snap judgements when you should look at the positives and the negatives and then think how things will work out in the medium term, rather than making a definitive and final judgement on the current circumstances which have a lot to do with form and development.

See a little gray amongst the black and white.

I personally thought Lowe was one of our better players today, he did exactly what I thought he would do. Played box to box, especially 1st half before the diamond formation was brought in for the 2nd half. He got stuck into tackles, some absolute gritting challenges as well. Had quite a bit of energy but faded towards the end but bear in mind it must be over a month since he played a game. His passing was good, as said above the ball to Diouf on the left wing was a cracking ball and he always tried to make himself available for the pass. I don't know what more others wanted for someone on his debut.

As I have previously said many, many, many times (Look at last yrs Academy reports) Morris is not a LB, never has been and probably never will be. He impressed against United when playing LW but also wasn't as good apparently against Liverpool when playing there. Play him in midfield and I think we have a good player on our hands.

Cotton I have seen bits and pieces of from Academy games, he has never excelled exactly but never looked out of place either so seeing as he is 2 years behind the majority at that level it's pretty good. Again he's a CM and a bit like Lowe in the way he plays. As for him looking young, he only turned 16 in September and I think most 16 yr olds are weedy.

To be fair JAL you are pretty hysterical judge. I remember around 12 months ago when you were saying Hoilett would never make it, and now he has. Sometimes you make snap judgements when you should look at the positives and the negatives and then think how things will work out in the medium term, rather than making a definitive and final judgement on the current circumstances which have a lot to do with form and development.

See a little gray amongst the black and white.

A simple judgement on Lowe v Linganzi at this moment in time.

Lowe yesterday provided NOTHING for the team as he simply just made up the numbers, OK, give him time, but anyone who thought he had a good game are wrong and mislead anyone who didnt attend the game yesterday.

Young Lowe couldnt win ANY ariel battles, he couldnt play a weighted pass into the forwards, he couldnt take the ball off the QPR lads, he didnt take anyone on and he didnt look like he could outrun anyone either.

Lots to improve on for the young lad hopefully he can but theres a lot of hard work ahead for the kid.

Neither Lowe or Morris looked anywhere near Premier league class today. They looked like little boys trying to play with men. They are both a long way from first team standard. Linganzi was only on for a few minutes but looked far more comfortable.

Read Al joey big nose as hes spot on!

A simple judgement on Lowe v Linganzi at this moment in time.

Lowe yesterday provided NOTHING for the team as he simply just made up the numbers, OK, give him time, but anyone who thought he had a good game are wrong and mislead anyone who didnt attend the game yesterday.

Young Lowe couldnt win ANY ariel battles, he couldnt play a weighted pass into the forwards, he couldnt take the ball off the QPR lads, he didnt take anyone on and he didnt look like he could outrun anyone either.

Lots to improve on for the young lad hopefully he can but theres a lot of hard work ahead for the kid.

Read Al joey big nose as hes spot on!

What is your problem with home grown young kids? You used to be on Dunny's case constantly then you condemned Junior as being useless. What exactly did you expect from young Lowe on his debut?

Odd.

What is your problem with home grown young kids? You used to be on Dunny's case constantly then you condemned Junior as being useless. What exactly did you expect from young Lowe on his debut?

Odd.

Dont get me wrong this is about a young kid who played ahead of Linganzi, thats the issue.

Linganzi IS the better player but didnt get the start thats the main issue.

Junior though has really excelled in the last two games, maybe its a change of manager, style of play, and a few more months maturity that has worked wonders for him. Watching him now dgs just cant wait for the next game, he could be a second half season revelation for Rovers if he continues in this vain of form. His lack of an end product was always my main criticism of Junior but yesterday he delivered on that, so hopefully theres going to be more to come from him.

Now that young Jason Lowe has had a taste of first team experience hopefully he can go form strength to strength but Linganzi looked the better player for now definitely.

Thought Lowe did well for first half hour or so,when I thought he looked the part and wanted the ball which was nice to see, then the injury disrupted the game, Second half was all together less inspiring for the whole team and I'd put that down to the change in formation whcih I don't think did Lowe any favours. Either way, the kid did as much as Grella, Andrews and Nonzi have done all season.

Decent if unspectacular debut for a young lad. I could certainly see him developing over time into a useful player. I think we need to remember that not all look as good as Fabregas did at 17 / 18., and so should cut them some slack.

Neither Lowe or Morris looked anywhere near Premier league class today. They looked like little boys trying to play with men. They are both a long way from first team standard.

I would hope that the lads were disappointed themselves. Hopefully they will believe they can do better.

I would also say that Hanley, even though he's done OK, looks short of what's needed to play at the top level.

I personally thought Lowe was one of our better players today, he did exactly what I thought he would do. Played box to box, especially 1st half before the diamond formation was brought in for the 2nd half. He got stuck into tackles, some absolute gritting challenges as well. Had quite a bit of energy but faded towards the end but bear in mind it must be over a month since he played a game. His passing was good, as said above the ball to Diouf on the left wing was a cracking ball and he always tried to make himself available for the pass. I don't know what more others wanted for someone on his debut.

As I have previously said many, many, many times (Look at last yrs Academy reports) Morris is not a LB, never has been and probably never will be. He impressed against United when playing LW but also wasn't as good apparently against Liverpool when playing there. Play him in midfield and I think we have a good player on our hands.

Cotton I have seen bits and pieces of from Academy games, he has never excelled exactly but never looked out of place either so seeing as he is 2 years behind the majority at that level it's pretty good. Again he's a CM and a bit like Lowe in the way he plays. As for him looking young, he only turned 16 in September and I think most 16 yr olds are weedy.

Thankfull somebody was watching the same Jason Lowe I was watching. Yeah he kept it simple, but he kept it moving, played some good forward passes, was always available to receive the ball. Contributed a damn sight more than Andrews does. This lad has a bright future with us.

Linganzi does as well, always impresses me when he plays I just think he needs a chance now.

Know nothing about Cotton, never heard of him but to be getting on the bench at 16 years old he must have something about him. Very refreshing to see us bringing through some youngsters these days.

Archived