BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Colin Hendry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-12236977

Article gives an update on how Colin is moving along with things.

I for one wish him all the best.

Off the field he is a great guy and always a true gent whenever I met him.

On the field truly deserving of legend status for Rovers IMO

I'd like to see him back at rovers in some form, maybe as a defender scout or coaching one of the youth teams, just something to help the guy out!!

Edited by Walshy

• Backroom

I'd like to see him back at rovers in some form, maybe as a defender scout or coaching one of the youth teams, just something to help the guy out!!

If he was though good enough and the best man for the job i'd have no problem otherwise Rovers have done more than enough to help him out.

He's a legend and been through an awful time so I do wish him the best.

• 1 year later...

Pretty shocking stuff - assuming the "drunken" threats and taunts are all true - although I can't quite understand waiting until now to go public with the details. It doesn't sound like they are going to get their money back.

However, if someone goes bankrupt then they are going to leave a trail of bitter creditors in their wake.

Just goes to show you should never lend money to your friends.

Legend he may once have been but remember he couldnt wait to get out of Ewood to go back to Scotland. He seems to me to have had it all, suffered a true tragedy and then blew the rest on gambling and drink leaving a trail of "victims" in his wake.

A very sad and sorry tale.

• Backroom

That web page badly needs to be redesigned, if they want to get the truth out there then fine, but most people aren't going to read through that mess to find out what's happened.

Also a harsh lesson for them but one that should be obvious - don't lend your entire retirement savings to a bloke who has no money and no means of income. It was never going to end well.

Sad to see all that stuff if it's true. I lost a lot of respect for Hendry when he had a pop at the fans regarding Steve Kean, though, so I'm not massively impacted.

Legend he may once have been but remember he couldnt wait to get out of Ewood to go back to Scotland. He seems to me to have had it all, suffered a true tragedy and then blew the rest on gambling and drink leaving a trail of "victims" in his wake.

A very sad and sorry tale.

Yes my feelings exactly, his departure from Ewood left a bad taste in the mouth and his business dealings left a number of people in the mire.

Tragic.

Wasn't there 'personal reasons' behind his move to Rangers?

Wanted to be closer to his parents was the official reason if memory serves me correctly, then found himself back in England not to long after...

Edited by GAV

Sad to see all that stuff if it's true. I lost a lot of respect for Hendry when he had a pop at the fans regarding Steve Kean, though, so I'm not massively impacted.

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when he came out a couple of weeks ago to claim that Kean "had handled himself with great dignity throughout all the protests..he has done a really, really great job".

Funnily enough, Colin's last job was as manager of Clyde FC which is based in Kean's home town of Cumbernauld. This seems to be some sort of Scottish Milton Keynes - a new town with an established club transplanted into it from elsewhere.

Sad state of affairs, but having worked in the debt collection industry personal bankruptcy / IVAs are such an easy way out, and the better the lawyer you have, the better the deal you can get. There are plenty of very rich people who run up massive debts, transfer their assets abroad or to family members then declare bankruptcy and start again.

The nastiness of some of those emails and texts isn't good, but they obviously aren't putting on what they sent to him either, I'd suggest the truth is probably more balanced.

Sad state of affairs, but having worked in the debt collection industry personal bankruptcy / IVAs are such an easy way out, and the better the lawyer you have, the better the deal you can get. There are plenty of very rich people who run up massive debts, transfer their assets abroad or to family members then declare bankruptcy and start again.

The nastiness of some of those emails and texts isn't good, but they obviously aren't putting on what they sent to him either, I'd suggest the truth is probably more balanced.

Bearing in mind he owed them 91k I'd think their e-mails could be as nasty as one could compose and they'd be quite justified.

Bearing in mind he owed them 91k I'd think their e-mails could be as nasty as one could compose and they'd be quite justified.

If they had really sat down and looked at his IVA proposal and fought it on the terms they are now complaining about, they would probably have got much more of their money back. They will get nothing for running an anti Hendry website, that's just bitterness. They say they have been told to pay the legal fees to take it back and get better terms on their settlement, so they should.

I'm not saying what happened was right or fair, but there are aspects of that website that don't sit right with me, they are definitely playing the victim for the sympathy vote in this. I'd struggle to believe they were as naive as they make out in this. For example, would you lend someone your pension fund?, would you lend money to a multimillionaire?

I doubt they have nothing to their names if they lived next door to the Hendrys, in affluent Lytham, or if they can afford to live outside the UK in the winter.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be angry, I just think there is two sides to this, neither probably very pleasant.