BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ruben Rochina Signs

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can feel the heavy expectation already! We are all going to be looking forward to seeing him, but Kean will bring on Benjani or Roberts instead. :facepalm: :-(

Seriously though, he could be the saviour. On Saturday after Hoillet went off, we didn't have anyone capable of creating a moment of magic. Dunn used to provide this, as did Tugay(what I'd give to have him in the team at the moment, even at his age he has more creativity that our entire midfield). Would Kean risk him though? Everton away isn't the ideal place for fresh youngsters, so him starting might be unlikely.

there is no point in bringing him on if we are getting beat, we must start him for us to try to gain any goal lead over everton on sat. I can see it now we are getting beat 2 or 3 nil on Sat kean brings him on for 20 mins or so, he scores and we are playing miles better and he is creating chances for our team and all the fans will be thinking "why the F did he not start him?"

So on that note he is a must to start on sat in my eyes, if he is out of his depth he can then take him off

Yeah its an article with Mame saying how he is ready for the prem and that he has all the attributes to become a star player at Rovers.

Basically saying he cant believe we got him for £500k and he will prove a bargain signing. Says he has abit of Messy about him and that he has good touch and technique.

Il be happy even if he gets 30 mins at Everton.

I'd buy Mame Diouf aswell Hughesy if we had the money to do so.

It looked as though Rochina would get 20 minutes or so against Birmingham, but as he was doing his warm up Junior had to come off injured. Similarly Nelsen's injury also used up a potential substitute place.

I would expect him to be on the bench again, but come one in the second half provided the situation and injuries permit.

there is no point in bringing him on if we are getting beat, we must start him for us to try to gain any goal lead over everton on sat. I can see it now we are getting beat 2 or 3 nil on Sat kean brings him on for 20 mins or so, he scores and we are playing miles better and he is creating chances for our team and all the fans will be thinking "why the F did he not start him?"

So on that note he is a must to start on sat in my eyes, if he is out of his depth he can then take him off

Odd logic. Alternative scenario for you- we start him, he bottles it and plays crap, his Rovers career never takes off, Kean gets slated. You have to be careful introducing new, and young, players. Just because he's looked good in the ressies does not make him our new messiah. Starting him (probably on his own up front, too) would be madness.

I think its time to give him a go even if it is on his own. I've blamed our midfield for our lack of goals from strikers in the past, but we have no excuses with hoilett creating chances left right and centre, olsson chipping in with crosses from the left wing, pedersen's set pieces are his only strong point this season, and dunn has contributed some killer passes.

We've missed too many opportunities with the current lot of strikers who werent good enough to finish some good deliveries wether they were alone up front or even when we had 3 strikers at once on the field.

Rochina alone or with Benjani/RSC against Everton for me.

It might not be a bad time to introduce him. I'm not sure how they are fixed now, but Everton were well short on numbers last weekend. I'm pretty sure they fielded a quite a few kids of their own. It could be a half decent game to play Rochina and see what he's got to offer short term.

Blind optimism here, but i fancy us to pinch a result.

Edited by patrickvalery

Odd logic. Alternative scenario for you- we start him, he bottles it and plays crap, his Rovers career never takes off, Kean gets slated. You have to be careful introducing new, and young, players. Just because he's looked good in the ressies does not make him our new messiah. Starting him (probably on his own up front, too) would be madness.

I understand where you are coming from and I deffo would not start him on his own up front, what I'd like to see is both Rochina and MB Diouf starting on Sat. The obviously linked up very well together, so why not give it a shot?

From the sounds of it, Rochina likes to play a deeper forward role, behind a front man - so a front pairing of RSC with Rochina just behind sounds like a plan.

Worth a try.

not worth a try... id rather have benjani than that joker santa cruz!!

From the sounds of it, Rochina likes to play a deeper forward role, behind a front man - so a front pairing of RSC with Rochina just behind sounds like a plan.

Worth a try.

Seems to have a hell of a left foot on him so why not play him as a wide striker in a 4-3-3? Hoilett is perfect for the wide striker role on the other side.

That means we can get three central midfielders in there and give ourselves a chance of having the ball. We can't play with two effectively, it's only since Kean switched the three in there that we've stopped gifting multiple chances.

As much as I don't doubt Rochina would enjoy playing off a striker, we can't afford anyone that luxury. That's not just us mind, most teams can't afford that luxury and push players like Rochina into the wider areas.

Edited by LeChuck

• Backroom

His English seems great for someone here for 2 months, good lad. Sounds like he's really working to be a success.

I do wonder if he'll want to go back to Spain if we go down though as Barca have a buy back clause.

Let's hope he can be a success here.