SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ruben Rochina Signs

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he can't ever defend like that again, kids stuff

Considering he is playing behind the striker with 3 other midfielders who should have been defending then I can't blame him too much. He showed promise today and seemed a lot more determined than most.

Considering he is playing behind the striker with 3 other midfielders who should have been defending then I can't blame him too much. He showed promise today and seemed a lot more determined than most.

In that case Rochina should have been attacking ;) He did a few fancy tricks but seriously I don't think he created one chance or had a shot.

Saying that he was probably our best player, says it all really.

• Backroom

Couldn't agree more Brian, saying he wasn't ready just seems like another dig at Kean but in reality we don't need to invent reasons to have pops at him.

Edited by TCO

• Backroom

He had to try something. The team has been crying out for a spark.

But I don't think an in-form Everton at Goodison Park was the best place for his full-debut.

I actually think Kean was right, better there than in front of a home crowd expecting a win

• Backroom

Can't really place any blame on the lad, by all accounts he did alright today.

Roberts, Mame Diouf, MGP and Kalinic should be asking themselves how a young kid from Barca's reserve/youth setup has managed to get into the first team picture ahead of them. Kalinic possibly to a lesser extent as there seems to be more than meets the eye going on there.

Edited by DE4life

Well he can't ever defend like that again, kids stuff

I do wonder what games people watch at times. He was playing off the front man and he's a striker by trade. Asking him to be a competent defender at this level too is a little much.

He was comfortably our best player today. IF we stay up an attack of Hoilett, Olsson, Rochina and Kalinic is an exciting one indeed. Of course, if we go down those 4 will be some of the first out the door.

In successful teams everyone should be defending when the opposition have the ball, there shouldn't be any exceptions.

In that case Rochina should have been attacking ;) He did a few fancy tricks but seriously I don't think he created one chance or had a shot.

Saying that he was probably our best player, says it all really.

That was down to the usless players we had on the pitch. I literally lost count of the amount of times Rochina played a pass and made a run into enough space to build shopping centre on , only for Emerton, Cruz, Jones or Dunn to screw it up and play the ball backwards.

If those players mentioned had attempted to play the one two Rochina clearly had in mind, it could very well of been a different match.

Rochina has some excelent close ball control and I feel he can be a huge player in the PL with the right players around him.

That was down to the usless players we had on the pitch. I literally lost count of the amount of times Rochina played a pass and made a run into enough space to build shopping centre on , only for Emerton, Cruz, Jones or Dunn to screw it up and play the ball backwards.

If those players mentioned had attempted to play the one two Rochina clearly had in mind, it could very well of been a different match.

Rochina has some excelent close ball control and I feel he can be a huge player in the PL with the right players around him.

Rochina is thinking far more quickly than the others, he would play well with Kalinic!

I do wonder what games people watch at times. He was playing off the front man and he's a striker by trade. Asking our best player today. IF we stay up an attack of Hoilett, Olsson, Rochina and Kalinic is an exciting one indeed. Of course, if we go down those 4 will be some of the first out the door.

Are you nuts if you are an attacker or midfield and you are defending a corner you can't allow that to happen, he was skinned to death, shocking

You can't say oh he's an attacker so it's ok, why was he defending then if he's not capable

You must think like Kean

Rochina's class shone through. His ball control was superb, shame Emerton wasn't capable of making the runs off him that could have opened them up.

Him in the middle spreading the ball to Hoilett and Olsson could be an amazing setup.

But at least Dunn had a shot which went narrowly wide and Emerton put in a good cross for the Pedersen chance, Rochina didn't create anything from what I can remember. All I'm trying to say is all the fancy stuff (most of the time was in our own half ;)) is not going to keep us up. I'd rather see us go back to basics, hoof the ball out of our own half, instead we tried passing the ball about ten times before we got into Everton's half, it was getting us nowhere. If only we had more players with the same close ball control but all the good fancy tricks he did yesterday was to no avail. It might work in another game with Hoilett out wide and Nzonzi back in midfield, I'd like to see him start against City and let's hope his hard work pays off.

From the very limited view I had, he looked to have good technique. He did tend to waste it by holding onto the ball too long. He needs a good manager to teach him how to use his technique to the best advantage of the team.

Is Kean the man to do that? I don't think so.

Rochina took the entire Everton team on on his own in the first half and won! Every time he passed the ball to a team mate he made a brilliant run into space only for the muppet of a team mate he had passed to to give it away or in RSC case fall over it.

HE MUST START!

From the very limited view I had, he looked to have good technique. He did tend to waste it by holding onto the ball too long. He needs a good manager to teach him how to use his technique to the best advantage of the team.

Options, he held on as he had no real options, our movement off the ball was poor and he really had no available options, good movement off the ball would have opened Everton up!!

He's certaintly got the best of Junior Holiet from his time in charge, let's hope he can do the same with Rochina.