BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ruben Rochina Signs

From the very limited view I had, he looked to have good technique. He did tend to waste it by holding onto the ball too long. He needs a good manager to teach him how to use his technique to the best advantage of the team.

Is Kean the man to do that? I don't think so.

Giving him another 90 minutes until you write him off eh, Den?

You're improving. :tu:

Only joking pal. :) Agree with what you said, he does try to do too much, but that is a combination of trying to impress and not having any good options. He could be great with the right players around him, based on that cameo.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was impressed by Rocinha. When we got relegated we only came up because we had bright young talents (Dunn, Duff and Jansen) who had both the talent and the hunger to get us out of that division. Without that I think we'll struggle to come up should the worst happen.

But if we can hang onto the likes of Rocinha, Hoilett and Jones then maybe we could have that again. Hoilett in particular reminds me a lot of the way Duff emerged during our relegation season.

Dwells on the ball too long, he's clearly not up to Premier League speed.

Perhaps a tad harsh?

I thought for his first start he played well. He is, and was, technically a better footballer than any other Rovers player on the pitch against Everton, by a mile. I'd play him again against Man City. At least he provides a glimmer of hope that he can create something.

Unfortunately for Rochina (and us) he's used to playing with better players in the Barcelona B team.

Dwells on the ball too long, he's clearly not up to Premier League speed.

He'll look like a world beater next year in the Championship.

I do wonder what game people watch at times. The lad was technically the best Rovers player on the pitch on Saturday. The only reason he kept the ball for so long when he did was because none of the senior players around him apart from maybe Emerton made a half decent run for him. On current form the lad and Hoillet offer us the best chance of getting out of this mess!

Perfectly put. I'd start Junior and him for every match till the end of the season.

Agreed.

We should go 4-3-3 and have Rochina and Hoilett as the wide strikers. If we can scrape through this season I'm really excited at that prospect, they're both perfect for those roles.

From the very limited view I had, he looked to have good technique. He did tend to waste it by holding onto the ball too long. He needs a good manager to teach him how to use his technique to the best advantage of the team.

Is Kean the man to do that? I don't think so.

Did you go to Goodison Den or did you watch it on telly/computer?

Decent pace. Great touch and vision. Passing was sometimes slightly off but that could be put down to the speed of the game.

People writing him off based on that performance are having a laugh. If we stay up then Rochina and Hoilett could become massive players for us.

I wasn't writing him off, but he defended like a 11 school boy, so he not a defender then either learn a little or stay away from the penalty area, but if he does that again he could cost us more points.

Look like he has talent though particularly because because the rest of our midfield look very average, just has a bit of learning to do.

Id agree with having them as the two wide players, it also means Olson can go to left back and Givet in the center which free's up Phil Jones to play DM.

----------------Robbo

Emerton Samba Givet Olsson

---------------P.Jones

-----------J.Jones Nzonzi

Rochina--------------------Hoilet

---------------Kalanic

Thats the team id go for against City it has pace at full backs and a solid midfield three with good options upfront.

Edited by pick32

I wasn't writing him off, but he defended like a 11 school boy, so he not a defender then either learn a little or stay away from the penalty area, but if he does that again he could cost us more points.

Look like he has talent though particularly because because the rest of our midfield look very average, just has a bit of learning to do.

I think he still has to get used to the pace of the league but with his techinical ability that should just be a matter of time. Against a less settled side at home I think he'd flourish. The bolton game at home could be the first time when we can really expect something from the kid. Such a shame that we're uncovering the likes of Hoilett and Rochina now. Its a massive ask to expect them to turn our season around but at least they seem to have the ability.

Id agree with having them as the two wide players, it also means Olson can go to left back and Givet in the center which free's up Phil Jones to play DM.

----------------Robbo

Emerton Samba Givet Olsson

---------------P.Jones

-----------J.Jones Nzonzi

Rochina--------------------Hoilet

---------------Kalanic

Thats the team id go for against City it has pace at full backs and a solid midfield three with good options upfront.

Looking at that side it beggers belief that we are where we are. It contains quality and is far superior than any team in or around us. Looking at a side like that actually provides me with a little belief. All we need is a little leadership and not that f***wit Kean in charge.

In terms of the City game though I believe Nzonzi is still suspended.

Did you go to Goodison Den or did you watch it on telly/computer?

I didn't go Ozz, but if you did, I would be interested to know what you thought. He did look to have excellent technique, but will he use it properly? I'm hopeful he will.

Looking at that side it beggers belief that we are where we are. It contains quality and is far superior than any team in or around us. Looking at a side like that actually provides me with a little belief. All we need is a little leadership and not that f***wit Kean in charge.

In terms of the City game though I believe Nzonzi is still suspended.

Kean is basically playing that team. For all the criticism he gets I cannot believe that many people genuinely question his selections. Allardyce's picks were far more frustrating. RSC over Kalinic is the only call which you could contest. Kean is getting the best out of Hoilett and has found J.Jones/Rochina who both look to have improved the side. Kean has many faults but I personally wouldnt question the team he starts with.

Kean is basically playing that team. For all the criticism he gets I cannot believe that many people genuinely question his selections. Allardyce's picks were far more frustrating. RSC over Kalinic is the only call which you could contest. Kean is getting the best out of Hoilett and has found J.Jones/Rochina who both look to have improved the side. Kean has many faults but I personally wouldnt question the team he starts with.

I would severely question Kean playing Dunn in central midfield away at Everton!

However I do agree that the side was well setup against Blackpool, Arsenal and Birmingham. You can argue with RSC being included but there was little to suggest anyone else would be better until after the Birmingham game.

I didn't go Ozz, but if you did, I would be interested to know what you thought. He did look to have excellent technique, but will he use it properly? I'm hopeful he will.

Didn't go to Goodison Den, first time in 10 years I have missed. Too many reasons to be not bothered, and I knew what was going to happen ( I was right!).

I know he is basically playing that team. I think you misunderstood what I was saying/I did not word it correctly. The issue I was speaking of is the lack of leadership the team seems to have. Kean is not a motivator of men. The players do not seem to be walking onto the pitch with fight in their hearts, fight which I have seen them have under previous management/regimes. Anyone remember Samba heading the ball on the floor to stop a certain goal and taking a kick to the head for his troubles Colin Hendry style.

I am not seeing this. Kean is not motivating them. Yes you could argue they should be willing to bleed for the shirt anyway but the simple matter is that is not the way the world works. I don't think Kean has them united and I believe the spirt although still there in a sense is gradually dying. They need leadership. So brilliantly demonstrated as something Kean lacks by his silence on the touchline during matches. No words of encouragement and no direction in the tactics within the game. Tactics is not only about the players picked in which positions but also about reacting to what is happening during a game.

Kean may do all the tinkering he wants on the training ground in the week leading up to every game, but in the heat of a game he looks like a rabbit in the headlights.

I know he is basically playing that team. I think you misunderstood what I was saying/I did not word it correctly. The issue I was speaking of is the lack of leadership the team seems to have. Kean is not a motivator of men. The players do not seem to be walking onto the pitch with fight in their hearts, fight which I have seen them have under previous management/regimes. Anyone remember Samba heading the ball on the floor to stop a certain goal and taking a kick to the head for his troubles Colin Hendry style.

I am not seeing this. Kean is not motivating them. Yes you could argue they should be willing to bleed for the shirt anyway but the simple matter is that is not the way the world works. I don't think Kean has them united and I believe the spirt although still there in a sense is gradually dying. They need leadership. So brilliantly demonstrated as something Kean lacks by his silence on the touchline during matches. No words of encouragement and no direction in the tactics within the game. Tactics is not only about the players picked in which positions but also about reacting to what is happening during a game.

Kean may do all the tinkering he wants on the training ground in the week leading up to every game, but in the heat of a game he looks like a rabbit in the headlights.

The way we fought back agaist Fulham, Birmingham and Blackpool suggests differently. The problem is that we always seem to have to fight our way back into games. We need to score the first goal.

I feel for Kean in many ways but agree mostly with the argument that he is the wrong man for this relegation scrap. The issue I have is that some fans seem to have to view things in an entirely negative or positive light. Kean's team selections have been, generally speaking, ok. In fact, as i previously elduded to, I think he's choosing a better team then many that Allardyce picked.

In terms of fighting spirit and leadership, the fightbacks against Brum and Blackpool in particular would suggest that the dressing room is pushing in the same direction and has the desire to fight for the manager.

My problem with Kean is that he's trying to change the way we play at the wrong time of the season. He should have kept us going down the 'Allardyce football' route until safety and then begun to experiment with a more fluid, attacking style of play. Sacking Sam wasn't the problem per se, it was that it was done at Christmas. Kean trying to get us to suddenly play in different systems with new players is again, not a problem, its just that he's trying to do it at the wrong time. Other teams are far more settled then we are and know what they're doing. We're still finding our best 11.

• Backroom

This lad has talent, that's obvious but we can't risk playing him in midfield in these crucial games whilst his decision making is still suspect.

It has cost us a point today and could also do massive damage to the lad as well.

I do think he could do a job alongside Benjani up top though.

This lad has talent, that's obvious but we can't risk playing him in midfield in these crucial games whilst his decision making is still suspect.

It has cost us a point today and could also do massive damage to the lad as well.

I do think he could do a job alongside Benjani up top though.

Yeah totally agree Tom. He's looked a lively player but he's a striker isn't he? Playing him in between midfield and attack in a 4-5-1 (like against Everton) is fine, playing him in centre mid in a 4-4-2 is suicidle. I thought that cost us the game because before that Jones and Dunn were bossing the midfield and after that City regularly had 3 players to over-run Jones. Typical striker attitude as well after losing the ball for their goal, did the slowest grandad run ever to get back and defend.

Not fair to bring him on in centre-midfield, I'd sooner have brought MGP or moved Emo inside, and put Rochina or Mame on the right.

He looks good with the ball at his feet, but he's only a kid, so to play him centre-mid in this league is just not on by Kean.