BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ruben Rochina Signs

Exactly. In some ways he was at fault for the goal, but then he shouldnt have been put into that situation in the first place.

As a general point though (and something which could have averted the goal), he really does need to learn not to try and beat every single man he sees.

It's nice to have that problem with a player in our side, and it should generally be encouraged, but a few words in his ear about looking to lay it off at some point would do him the world of good.

Edited by tony gale's mic

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not fair to bring him on in centre-midfield, I'd sooner have brought MGP or moved Emo inside, and put Rochina or Mame on the right.

He looks good with the ball at his feet, but he's only a kid, so to play him centre-mid in this league is just not on by Kean.

He wasn't playing Centre Mid. He was playing off the front two in an advanced attacking position. That's not CM. Considering you had a left back playing left wing and a defensively minded midfielder playing right wing, I dont think it cost us much. Dunn wouldnt have stopped them scoring either.

Missed him getting caught in possession last night, but his first two touches showed he had the skill that was on a par with any of Man City's millionaires which has to be a positive.

Would have thought that last night and the week before are big learning curves for the lad that if he raises his awareness levels he'll settle down and become a very good player for Rovers in the weeks, months, and years to come.

Would have thought that last nights management lesson would be to get get him further up the field in the opponents final third were if he loses possesion in this area, the team would be set up to cover him and not get caught out like they did last night and at Everton.

It will take time but overall far more positives than negatives on this lad most definitely for now.

Edited by JAL

He wasn't playing Centre Mid. He was playing off the front two in an advanced attacking position. That's not CM. Considering you had a left back playing left wing and a defensively minded midfielder playing right wing, I dont think it cost us much. Dunn wouldnt have stopped them scoring either.

That's total and utter rubbish on two counts.

Firstly I think looking at the way the teams were set up he was playing centre mid, or at most attacking midfield in a diamond style formation.

But if what you say is true, then that's, if anything, even more mind boggling. Why on earth would someone switch to 4-3-3 from 4-4-2 in the final 20 minutes of a game against City who have two strong centre midfielders?! Why weaken our midfield when they'd be doing their utmost to break us down in the final 20 minutes? It DID cost us the match, yes you can't say anything 100% but if we had someone with experience of playing in centre midfield there, they would've found some way of distributing that ball out of the danger zone which Rocinha failed to do.

And secondly, both Olsson and Emerton have a lot of experience of playing in the positions they were in last night. Olsson is arguably a better LW than LB, and Emerton is a utility player who has played right wing quite a lot during his career.

• 3 weeks later...

Mate of mine that went last night, seen him several times now, is raving about Rochina, class act and far to good for reserve level.

He's already talking about us struggling to keep hold of the lad after next season, given a pre-season he's going to be a right player.

More suited to the David Dunn role, just behind the front two, than an out and out striker, which causes problems in itself formation wise, but a real gem in the making.

Pity about the shoulder, but he's not ready for the first team yet apparently.

One or two Man U staff interested in our Ruben, by far the most talented player on view, including Rafael, Fletcher, Oberton etc. This lad can really play, he for me has a bit of everything and I really think he is going to the very top!

One or two Man U staff interested in our Ruben, by far the most talented player on view, including Rafael, Fletcher, Oberton etc. This lad can really play, he for me has a bit of everything and I really think he is going to the very top!

Best tell them that you've never seen him play that well before and he must have had a case of red bull in him to produce that.

Wasn't there some buy back clause whereby Barca have first refusal should the lad prove a success and move on?

Ruben's corker against United Reserves:

The really good players make it look so easy, and so simple.

That goal looks almost effortless in his precision and execution of the strike through the ball, head focused on the ball as he strikes it.

The second goal is equally clever as he deliberately lofts the ball upwards into the roof of the net as the keeper makes his dive = quality !

Jason Roberts did twitter months ago that this lad has a left wand for his left foot, and now we can clearly see why. Looking forward to seeing him play, exciting stuff if he can reproduce these kind of goals for Rovers.

Edited by JAL

Was that Kalinic laying the ball off?

Yes! yet nobody seems to have said that he played well or did anything special. In fact the picture of the team celebrating, I cant make him out in the photo.

The left wand remark was about Formica if im not mistaken.

And yes that was Kalinic getting three players around him playing a good pass to Ruben who had all the space he needed.

No the left wand remark was about the barca kid Rochina not Formica alexanders.

Edited by JAL

Yes! yet nobody seems to have said that he played well or did anything special. In fact the picture of the team celebrating, I cant make him out in the photo.

No the left wand remark was about the barca kid Rochina not Formica alexanders.

I'm pretty sure it was Formica

No Jal it wasn't, it was Formica.

JasonRoberts30 Jason Roberts

“@Gareth386: @JasonRoberts30 how are formica and rochina looking?// Sharp, Formica especially is fitting in great and has a left wand!

Well done JAL.

On the ball as always