BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ruben Rochina Signs

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the transfer fee is already set then that could be a big problem, Barca could buy him back just to sell him on at a higher price if he's a success.

There's no fee set. Just a "right of first refusal" clause. Now everybody relax.

Edited by doctorryan

Where did you hear that? Pretty sure they have a buy back clause and the fee set is low. Cant remember the figure but I think it was below three million.

Well, where did you hear that?

Anyway...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8823895.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Kean_hails__excellent__window

Rochina, came through the Barcelona youth ranks, and has been a regular member of their B team in the Spanish second division, scoring two goals in 13 appearances this season.

The deal is understood to include a clause that gives Barcelona first refusal on any future move from Rovers, after he turned down the chance to extend his stay at his boyhood club.

• Backroom

I jsut remember the first refusal clause, I don't think we have to worry just yet about Barca wanting him and if he does well enough for them to want him then good stuff

If some club makes a bid for him that we find acceptable, Barcelona has the right to match that offer and take him back. There is no set fee that allows Barcelona to take him back whenever they want. This prevents Barcelona from dealing with the dreaded scenario of having given up too early on a big star who then ends up with ManU, Inter, etc.... or worst of all for them: Real. The clause protects them from that.

In other words: If he ends up a big superstar, the only way he lines up against Barca is with Rovers in the Champions League.

Sounds good to me. :P

If some club makes a bid for him that we find acceptable, Barcelona has the right to match that offer and take him back. There is no set fee that allows Barcelona to take him back whenever they want. This prevents Barcelona from dealing with the dreaded scenario of having given up too early on a big star who then ends up with ManU, Inter, etc.... or worst of all for them: Real. The clause protects them from that.

In other words: If he ends up a big superstar, the only way he lines up against Barca is with Rovers in the Champions League.

Sounds good to me. :P

I'm still working on a new badge

Leave it with me

Not if he moves from us to, say, Everton, Fulham etc, has a good season and THEN gets signed by a top club.

• 2 weeks later...

hes from spain isnt he, theres flights leaving to all parts of spain every 30 mins or so, if he was really homsick he could easily jump on a plain from manchester or liverpool go home and return on a late(or early morn flight) and be in traing the next day, plus ant days of he could get home quick and easy.

what area of spain is he from anybody Know.

hes from spain isnt he, theres flights leaving to all parts of spain every 30 mins or so, if he was really homsick he could easily jump on a plain from manchester or liverpool go home and return on a late(or early morn flight) and be in traing the next day, plus ant days of he could get home quick and easy.

what area of spain is he from anybody Know.

He'd be less homesick if he was playing - it's probably become more of an issue when you're not in regular training with the rest of the lads.

Well he's signed up with us until 2015 so he's going to have to get used to it! My daughter was the same when she left home for Uni, now she can't wait to get back and we rarely see her at home. He'll be fine once he's had a few weeks back home.