SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But i'll be there versus Blackpool, and i'll be willing 'em on. I hope you join me.

I hope the same thought's are going around every household in Blackburn leading up to this huge game Saturday...we need the fans out in force,the tickets are not cheap but hoping for the biggest crowd of the season so far.

• Backroom

Kean has stuck Niko in the reserves now for tonight. I don't understand why he's been put in there. He's better than Roberts and Diouf. I hope he scores and cements his place for Blackpool.

To be fair he should have played on Saturday but playing him in the reserves is good to keep him sharp.

For me Kean should have gone but he's here and I continue to be 100% behind the team and that includes numbr 17.

We have all almost accepted relegation as a certainty it seems but a win against Blackpool and things suddenly look OK, not to mention that we are still outside of the bottom 3 at present.

All hope isn't lost quite yet.

I really don't think the fans will turn on the players as it's clear to see who the culprits are here.

I'm sure the other sides around us will be delighted by today's news and Blackpool will surely fancy their chances.

What a day it's going to be when you consider the importance to both sides and the proximity of our opponents.

We badly need to score first.

Pity this thread's title has reference to Kean at all as I don't want to be reminded that we're stuck with him :angry:

Ed Smith went down with the Titanic so it's right that Steve Kean should do down with the good ship Rovers too.

The players in first class will be OK in the lifeboats but it's the supporters in steerage who will suffer.

Starting a new thread on Steve Kean now that Venkys have confirmed he is going nowhere.

Time to get behind the team, regardless of thoughts on Kean.

Correct..... I wonder if we'll ever find out how many proper managers turned Mrs Desai down this weekend?

All you need is two wins, I expect ye to beat Blackpool, it is a vital game but one I think that you have a good chance of winning. The only thing you have to be weary of is the Adam factor, well at least I think he is back for your game.

Easy tactics these then. Instruct N'Zonzi to stick to Charlie like sh1t to a blanket and at all times stay between him and our goal and our other 10 should be able to see off their 10. :tu:

Roberts:

Training Ground is positive! Everybody behind the Manager and 100% committed to the cause! We will stick together and fight as a Team! about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPad

Pedersen:

We have not played football the way we want in the past and we have got very poor results in recent games. Therefore we will begin our preparations for the crucial game against Blackpool right now, because we can not waste a single second from now on and we’re going to have to get together and sort it out. I will not say that there is a crisis , but our table situation is not good. And we are going to have to take responsibility for that, because this is not acceptable and we are not supposed to be at the lower bottom half of the table. Not long ago we fought for a place in Europe, and now we have to start looking over the shoulder for the teams behind us. But I’m confident that we are going to reverse this and get us up where we belong

Morten Gamst Pedersen

I don't believe that for one minute. Remember the comments about the Dubai training camp being great for team spirit and Kean said he had never seen the players looking so together and fired up. Remind me what happened the first game back?

I would also take more notice, belief and hope that they could turn it around if these comments hadn't come from two bang average players as well.

i totally agree. i will support the players but not the manager or owners!!!

I have to say I agree with you. No Steve Kean's blue and white army for me. I support the players and they are the ones who have to put in the extra effort to organise themselves to keep us up, because Kean can't. Come on lads, you've had your payday now repay us fans!

What a ridiculous and costly decision by these idiots running our club. There's little we can do now other than cross our fingers and back the lads. I just hope if we somehow stay up that the owners do one and in turn take Kean as far away as possible from the club. The guys a muppet.

Lose to Blackpool though and hells gonna break lose.

Steve Kean reminds me of David Cameron ..... good press conference, plenty of spin and slick presentation but beneath the surface absolutely nothing of substance.

The country's being run by a lame-duck prime minister and my beloved football club run by a lame-duck manager.

The question is, who will get kicked out first... Kean or Cameron ? .

I've got fond memories before Kean came about and there'll be good times once he's gone. I am 100% behind the Rovers players to get us out of this & keep us up, I'm confident we'll do it because we are too good to go down. I hope the board see sense & dispose of Kean in the summer, I see Van Gaal will be available by then

I don't like the decision but of course I'll be supporting the club (not necessarily the owners) as strongly now as I ever have. I have grave fears that Kean is taking us rapidly towards the Championship, which we clearly cannot handle. If that happens, I reckon the owners will be gone quicker than you can say Sachin Tendulkar.

Big issues, but I just hope we can stay up. Playing Hoilett, Roque and Kalinic is required.

Come on Rovers

gotta support the team and we gotta stay up but this guy is clueless.. please let santa and kalinic play against blackpool i can't watch roberts pose a striker anymore

Kalinic is plainly not good enough IMO.

The key to winning against Blackpool is to defend better, that starts with playing the best back four you have. Hanley has to drop out of the team now - its not fair on the kid. Samba, Nelson, Salgado and Olsson (Givet if wasnt banned).

Play 2 central midfielders and whatever other combination of attacking players around them.

Personally my team would be:

Robbo

Salgado-Nelson-Samba-Olsson

Emerton-NZonzi-Jones-Ped

Hoilett

Santa-Cruz

Regarding Kean, its time to move on and get behind the team. The game against Blackpool is massive for us as a club.

FFan - what stories do you have on Kean?

What a ridiculous and costly decision by these idiots running our club. There's little we can do now other than cross our fingers and back the lads. I just hope if we somehow stay up that the owners do one and in turn take Kean as far away as possible from the club. The guys a muppet.

Lose to Blackpool though and hells gonna break lose.

im agreeing with somerset here....il try calm my views but i swear on the BRFC badge that if we lose to blackpool i will be venting all my frustrations out on Kean, venkys and keith andrews

Kalinic is plainly not good enough IMO.

The key to winning against Blackpool is to defend better, that starts with playing the best back four you have. Hanley has to drop out of the team now - its not fair on the kid. Samba, Nelson, Salgado and Olsson (Givet if wasnt banned).

Play 2 central midfielders and whatever other combination of attacking players around them.

Personally my team would be:

Robbo

Salgado-Nelson-Samba-Olsson

after watching Blackpool tonight, they do defend very deep so we play with loads of width to stretch them, Olson and Hoilett mmust play wide, whatever we do at left full back, they must do that as by playing wide the central defence of Blackpool will open up!!

Emerton-NZonzi-Jones-Ped

Hoilett

Santa-Cruz

Blackpool defend very deep, as such we play with lots of width, Olsson and Hoilett wide, never mind left full back, strtch thier back four, they wont cope!!

Phil Jones should be back for the game which is a big boost - maybe play him at centre back? Formica and Rochina involved also. We should be free of any injuries and I think we have a big chance of beating Blackpool. The only problem is waiting for Kean's bizarre selections/tactics.

Archived