BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Assume the court report is accurate he lied (or was mistaken) at his previous court appearance, from the LET

Which implies the judge intentionally chose a date before the start of the season. By SK stating the 22nd (lie, or a Premiership Manager that genuinely doesn't know when the season starts ... neither reflects well on him) it means the trial came AFTER the season started, making it MUCH harder to sack him (if he'd have got the adjournment the asked for today, it would have been harder again).

The only thing I can think, Glenn, assuming he's not a pathological liar, is that he genuinely got muddled up because of the situation he found himself in and wasn't thinking straight. Last season finished on the 22nd May...

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To blame fans and not admit his own mistake is disgusting and unforgivable behaviour! Lieing to the police and trying to pull the wool over a judge's eyes too! Do we want this type of man in charge of our beloved club. NO! HELL NO!! We need to get our heads together UNITE and get this JOKER out of our club!

He did not blame fans! He never at any stage said that a fan was suspected. He said he was talking to fans and left his drink unattended.

Though to be fair, the way some fans behave, I wouldn't put it past some to think it was a funny/clever thing to do.

However he had obviously had more to drink than he admitted to, he should have owned up to it.

The only thing I can think, Glenn, assuming he's not a pathological liar, is that he genuinely got muddled up because of the situation he found himself in and wasn't thinking straight. Last season finished on the 22nd May...

It just seems a very very very odd thing to get wrong. I'd love to give him the benefit of the doubt say he knew it was 13th, had all the training and pre-seasond planned around the13th and randomly blurted out the 22nd out of sheer madness, but I can't help feeling that the judge wanted it clearing up before the start of the season (or he wouldn't have asked and set it a week before) and Kean wanted it during the season.

Is getting a fact wrong (i.e. knowing something, but unintentionally giving the wrong answer under oath) still contempt of court ?

It just seems a very very very odd thing to get wrong. I'd love to give him the benefit of the doubt say he knew it was 13th, had all the training and pre-seasond planned around the13th and randomly blurted out the 22nd out of sheer madness, but I can't help feeling that the judge wanted it clearing up before the start of the season (or he wouldn't have asked and set it a week before) and Kean wanted it during the season.

Is getting a fact wrong (i.e. knowing something, but unintentionally giving the wrong answer under oath) still contempt of court ?

Maybe Preston Blue with a legal background could answer that one!!

In my opinion, he was lying under oath, as he would have taken an oath when the original case was heard.

Edit, on reflection, do we really believe there was to ever be a witness, that he was told he had no case and this was the only way to defer things, cant believe a witness wouldnt be available for a court case (unless illness) when he has said he would testify for Kean!! This just gets worse, the guy is a worm!

He did not blame fans! He never at any stage said that a fan was suspected. He said he was talking to fans and left his drink unattended.

Though to be fair, the way some fans behave, I wouldn't put it past some to think it was a funny/clever thing to do.

However he had obviously had more to drink than he admitted to, he should have owned up to it.

Sorry 'mum, you are defending the indefensible here...

schadd3 Sam Chadderton

#rovers Kean says the pub was packed with fans and his bottle of bud was left alone frequently while he posed with fans for pics and chat

So I am presuming this is his defense. His bottle of bud was left alone numerous times in the pub. I'm pretty sure it was the two and a half glasses of wine coupled with the bud which sent you over Mr Kean not someone spiking it.

If the bit in bold does not insinuate that Rovers fans have spiked his drink then I genuinely don't know what else he is trying to say.

Today Kean has shown what he is really capable of when his back is up against the wall.

Until today, he could still have been given the benefit of the doubt over Sam's recent inferences.

Let me be clear - I strongly dislike drink-driving and I know I would lose my job if I lost my licence. So I think Kean should lose his.

However, how many clamouring for this are the same people who think we should sign Joey Barton?

Question is, would anyone trust Venky's to make the right appointment if they sack Kean for drink-driving and not footballing reasons?

Question is, would anyone trust Venky's to make the right appointment if they sack Kean for drink-driving and not footballing reasons?

If they sack him they sack him. Doesn't matter for what reason. The end product is the same. Would I trust them to make the right appointment? I wouldn't trust them to run a bath.

Could finally be Maradona time!

Presume our new sporting director would have some input into any decision?

Sorry 'mum, you are defending the indefensible here...

If the bit in bold does not insinuate that Rovers fans have spiked his drink then I genuinely don't know what else he is trying to say.

Today Kean has shown what he is really capable of when his back is up against the wall.

Until today, he could still have been given the benefit of the doubt over Sam's recent inferences.

This is a witch hunt. He said he was talking to fans but at no time did he say fans had spiked his drink.

But the way some of you are carrying on, I wouldn't be surprised if a fan had laced his drink trying to be clever? I really wouldn't.

I am as cross as anyone about this whole situation, but quite frankly, many people discussing it are way over the top

- you can give me as many minuses as you like but I really can't believe the vitriol and nastiness that some of you are coming out with. I know some posters can be a bit unpleasant at times but my goodness, this has reached new heights.

Steve was wrong. He was wrong to lie to the police at the outset. Whoever advised him to go along the 'laced drink' was wrong - he has to pay the price and take his punishment. I myself doubt that he should stay in place as our manager. But there is no need for some of the stuff that people are coming out with.

I think the Argie coke hound is over in Dubai earning huge money, so he'd be expensive.

We should turn the Discpicable Me poster on the drink driving thread into a big banner.

Well his daughter and son-in-law are now in Manchester :D

This is a witch hunt. He said he was talking to fans but at no time did he say fans had spiked his drink.

But the way some of you are carrying on, I wouldn't be surprised if a fan had laced his drink trying to be clever? I really wouldn't.

I am as cross as anyone about this whole situation, but quite frankly, many people discussing it are way over the top

- you can give me as many minuses as you like but I really can't believe the vitriol and nastiness that some of you are coming out with. I know some posters can be a bit unpleasant at times but my goodness, this has reached new heights.

Steve was wrong. He was wrong to lie to the police at the outset. Whoever advised him to go along the 'laced drink' was wrong - he has to pay the price and take his punishment. I myself doubt that he should stay in place as our manager. But there is no need for some of the stuff that people are coming out with.

If I had my way all drink drivers would serve a custodial sentance. Whats the difference between carrying a dangerous weapon and driving a car when incapable through drink? Both can kill or maim. He has compounded this by lying and been found out. If this was AN Other I would be saying exactly the same. He happens to be the manager of a club that is close to my heart and I don't want him anywhere near it anymore. I sit in the family stand and there are lots of youngsters in there - what example is it to them?

I strongly disagree with your assessment but I've made my point so we'll have to agree to disagree.

We all know that if it was anybody else we wouldn't be slating the fella, people are using this as an excuse.

However on a football front quite frankly the guy doesn't have the skills to dos job for us. Get rid of him but for football reasons.

Although if it is true that he has lied in court about certain circumstances (perverting the court of justice) then that should be seen as a sackable offence

Archived