SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, because bookmakers always accept one million pound bets on events that are considered 'odds on.'

:rolleyes:

A bookmaker would be mad not to take that bet, they could earn a lot more than 33k with the million you give them in the 6 months before they would have to pay out.

Besides what difference does it make if the bookmaker takes one £1m bet at 1/3 or a hundred thousand £10 bets at 1/3? They shouldn't offer odds if they aren't prepared to pay out on them.

This site is full of spineless wonders and imposters from other teams, in no way is this site a true representation of the way fans are feeling.

Kean is trying to play attacking football with players that have been hoofing the ball 'Allardyce style' for the past 2 seasons, its not going to happen overnight.

Houllier was quoted at the weekend saying that he's struggling to get rid of the Martin O'Neill style of defending, Kean is struggling to rid the players of the hoofball mentality also.

In patches we’ve looked excellent, but good spells don’t keep you in this league, but neither does sacking the manager when the going gets tough.

Keep the faith

In patches we’ve looked excellent, but good spells don’t keep you in this league, but neither does sacking the manager when the going gets tough.

When was the last team we looked "excellent"?

This site is full of spineless wonders and imposters from other teams, in no way is this site a true representation of the way fans are feeling.

Kean is trying to play attacking football with players that have been hoofing the ball 'Allardyce style' for the past 2 seasons, its not going to happen overnight.

Houllier was quoted at the weekend saying that he's struggling to get rid of the Martin O'Neill style of defending, Kean is struggling to rid the players of the hoofball mentality also.

Keep the faith

All but blaming it on Allardyce...good work!

Didn't take Coyle long to change Bolton's style without making them a soft touch, did it?

Cheap, easy excuse. Kean just isn't up to the job. He's approached it in an unbelievably naive manner.

Spurs match?

Wolves were excellent against Spurs, as were Blackpool. Both teams took their chances - we did not. Blackpool won, Wolves should have. We got nothing from the match as we were not excellent.

Wolves were excellent against Spurs, as were Blackpool. Both teams took their chances - we did not. Blackpool won, Wolves should have. We got nothing from the match as we were not excellent.

Guess so looking at it that way.

Which season was that 94/95?

Yes, 1894/95 in a friendly.

.and the Libyan uprisings are being caused by youths who have been drugged but Al Queda too I suppose?

All the people love Gaddafi, and all the fans love Steve Kean....

All but blaming it on Allardyce...good work!

Didn't take Coyle long to change Bolton's style without making them a soft touch, did it?

Cheap, easy excuse. Kean just isn't up to the job. He's approached it in an unbelievably naive manner.

I think I'll take Houlliers word for it, over your valued opinion LeChuck :tu:

Kean may not be up to the job, time will tell, but sacking him now is madness, we need stability.

.and the Libyan uprisings are being caused by youths who have been drugged but Al Queda too I suppose?

All the people love Gaddafi, and all the fans love Steve Kean....

You still here dingle?

Keep the faith

Total cobblers.

I guess this is why Ronald MacDonut stands helplessly on the sidelines while the team gets paggered? Why he drops the only striker we have who is scoring goals? Why he takes off the one player who was pegging Fulham back and puts on a raw youngster with the game delicately poised at 2-2.

Or maybe, you just can't cope with the idea that we could get rid of Allardyce and actually get someone in who does worse?

I was all for agreeing with you until I realised you meant in terms of sacking him. Other fans wouldn't come on here and tell us to sack him, they would tell us to keep him as he is doing an amazing job of taking us into the Chumpionship.

Kean is trying to play attacking football? He may well be but that's probably the reason we have let in 11 goals in the last 4 games. There is more to football than attacking, pretty football and as you say you can't change overnight.

So why try? Why remove the defensive tactics which have held us midtable? Mainly because the guy hasn't got the first clue how to set us up and now is frantically trying everything in the hope that something works. He doesn't need to get rid of the "hoofball" players, our first team is more than capable of keeping us up and developing in time. Not everything needs to be done overnight and that's what Venky's and Kean fail to realise. Top managers slowly evolve a team and don't just throw things together and hope.

Sacking a poorly performing manager, 3 wins from 13 league games, has worked for many a team. Especially going to someone highly respected within the game (Benitez, O'Neill, etc).

Spurs match?

What was the result? How many goals did we score?

Destinct room for improvement.

Keep the faith

The fans I know and talk to are all extremely unhappy with Kean and his brand of losing football. Many of us, perhaps more than you like to admit Gav, were more than happy with Sam and the way in which he was taking the club. If Sam had remained I have no doubt that the club would now be in a comfortable position with no worries of relegation. Instead we have Kean and his exciting brand of attacking football which has taken us into the heart of the relegation battle and may well take us into the Championship or worse. I have no faith in Kean. If we stay up it will be because of the players not because of Kean.

This site is full of spineless wonders and imposters from other teams, . . .

I might say the same of those who view Kean's performance to date as acceptable.

And I typed the above in a fit of anger. An emotion I'm feeling more and more when considering Kean's alleged management. My apologies- though I'm leaving it up as that sort of accusation can cut both ways.

We either back the manager and the team, taking positives from the Fulham performance, or we carry on slating everybody and go down, whats it going to be?

Not a perfect world, bad appointment, but its not going to change till the end of the season really.

Ideally we'd want an experienced candidate, but if anybody dare bring us, say, Steve McClaren, most would react like the world has ended. He's probably perfect for our job.

Most people on here were so anti Sam it was untrue, I thought Sams style of football was horrific but could praise the job he did keeping us in the league.

We played well at Fulham, didn't get what we deserved, if we'd have deservedly won that game then beat Blackpool things would be totally different.

Fickle, fickle world Football is.

Keep the faith

I presume this is a wind up? Yes, some of our current problems do go back to Allardyce in that many of the players seemed to find it hard to remember how to do things they were good at, and we hadn't had a brilliant start to the season under him. But to suggest that a good manager couldn't have gradually weaned them away from a hoofball team to a more balanced style of play is wrong. Could Allardyce have done it? I don't know? Would we, as many suggest, be sitting pretty if allardyce was still manager, again, we can't KNOW although many feel we would. However, to suggest that the team's problems are because they are trying to change from long ball to a more attractive style of play is rubbish. Either way of playing requires a solid defence and defensive midfield. You build on clean sheets and if not that then on a defence that doesn't concede many and we seem to have forgotten how to do that.

Fickle world indeed however presume you have viewed where we are in the table and the form guide?

If you are looking at Kean's record alone, the abysmal results speak for themselves however other important aspects of football management should also be taken into account - he did not have to sell any players in January plus was able to recruit.

The transfer window, and his dealings, can be summarised as woeful none of his signings have made any positive impact yet IMO - of course they may come good in time however you would have hoped one of them could have made a greater impact (other clubs have made some decent signings Wolves and West Ham for example).

All these factors and many more illustrate he is completely out of his depth as a Premier League manager.

Being serious now... We, as fans, need to be behind our team 100%. Getting on the players backs, even Andrews, is not going to help anything. As for the manager, well he needs our support as well. At the very least, he doesn't need us to be shouting for his head at kick-off on the 19th. We do have a team that is capable of surviving in the Premier League. I'm not sure we have a manager who can get 40 points in a season for us but we have no choice but to hope that he can get 9 more points this season.

I'll be there shouting and singing supporting my team.

Archived