BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Couldn't make the Wigan game today. With the cup run, we've had a very tough end to the season - Warrington away twice in cup and league, Saints twice in league and play offs, Leeds twice in league and cc final. I woudn't say we're running on empty but it's starting to feel a bit like that. Warrington have had it easier at the business end due to being knocked out of the cc and are scoring for fun anyway. Unfortunately, as a Warriors fan, I think their name is on it. Let's hope someone can put this post up in a few weeks time and call me a *!*!*! :D

Excellent way for Wigan to wrap up their home games. Catalans started the better and from what it looked like from near me we was lucky that they had that first try chalked off. However the tries in the first half gave us a good platform. Once we'd got the first try in the second half I felt that Catalans were never getting back into it. They're not a bad team Catalans but they've got some dirty, cheating players! That Sa is just a very angry man, as for him who took a dive after a tackle - must've thought he was playing vs Latics on a Saturday afternoon!

Although Sky have naffed me off with making it a 6pm KO on Saturday :angry2: That is of no use to me whatsoever!

Great game of rugby league tonight. A few days ago I predicted Wigan by 14, so 44 to nil was very welcome. Catalan have some big, strong hitters but once Wigan got their noses in front they opened up and at times played some superb stuff.

For me, Wigan peaked this season with the Warrington cup win at their place. We had enough momentum to carry us through the semi and then the final (just) but since the Wembley game have been a little flat.

Tonight was like a second wind and has given me some hope. We can certainly see Saints off again next Saturday and whilst I feel Warrington are still favourites, I am feeling more optimistic. Come on Wigan!

The play-offs are bollards. Warrington topped the table, so they should win the league. End of story. It went down to the last game anyway.

How does that work when all the teams know that the league positions only lead to advantages in the play-offs? If it was a straight forward top team wins then how do you know Wire would still be top? The whole philosophy of how a club sets out the season would change if it was a pure league competition.

Sorry to hear about that koi. You trying to get a ticket for Saturday?

Cheers, tough time for the family but that's life. No, for various reasons I'm not really bothered about going, I'll watch from the comfort of our sofa. I do think if we can slow the Saints rucks down and stop Roby getting his offloads away then we'll win, but we'll need our forwards to be dominating which they just didn't do in the last game.

This threads turning into a Wigan RLFC love in, time to end that :lol: I've followed Saints since the days of Alex Murphy and been getting to Knowsley Road for about 4 or 5 games a season. I will be at the match on Saturday but in all honesty l can't see us beating Wigan in 2 consecutive games. Saying that the young un's did us proud last time out so it should be a belter.

Come on You Saints :P

just to put everything and everybody, back into perspective....buy your tickets now for the WCC in february, cause australia's team are rising from the ashes and fingers crossed, will be making another trip to england next feb....."YOUR MIGHTY MELBOURNE STORM, ARE BACK.....LOOK OUT"!!!!

How do you think Melbourne will do in the GF? oh, hold on a minute....... :lol: not able to buy it this year then.....

This threads turning into a Wigan RLFC love in, time to end that :lol: I've followed Saints since the days of Alex Murphy and been getting to Knowsley Road for about 4 or 5 games a season. I will be at the match on Saturday but in all honesty l can't see us beating Wigan in 2 consecutive games. Saying that the young un's did us proud last time out so it should be a belter.

Come on You Saints :P

Oi, get off our thread :P Only kidding!!

Jealous that you're going to the game tomorrow :( Should be a good game. Like CLB I thought that last week was one of Wigan's better performances for a while and hopefully we'll take some momentum into tomorrow.

Not often I say this but I'd like Leeds to win tonight, think that would be better for the both of us.

Ganson has been shocking in the playoffs. Why does he continue to get big games?

I fear Leeds' only chance was scoring two or three times when they were on top at the start of the match. Warrington are too good to play this poorly for 80 minutes - only one winner for me at this point.

I've got no idea about the game tomorrow either. Wigan blew Catalans away last week - their first good performance in about a month. Was it one swallow, or is summer back? Time will tell. If we're back I can see us winning the whole thing - I still believe with Maguire in charge we're the best team in the comp.