BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

:lol: :lol: :lol: I hate Leeds but nothing comes close to my despise of Warrington and that was pure class tonight. The look on Briers face was a picture. Oh and those Wolves fans, well I don't know where to begin.

As for Ganson, words fail me :angry:

Edited by koi

Anyone else on this thread going Old Trafford next week? I didn't think so :P

Joking aside, what happened to your lot 2nd half? S.Tomkins did his usual prancing about but with little end product, Leuluai, was he playing? That wasn't the Wigan side l was expecting, they caved in. I'd have Graham as MOM with Moore not far behind. Roby had a v.quite game and Price didn't even play (neither did 25% of the usual 1st team). In all a very enjoyable day. Bring on the Rhinos.

:tu:

Anyone else on this thread going Old Trafford next week? I didn't think so :P

Joking aside, what happened to your lot 2nd half? S.Tomkins did his usual prancing about but with little end product, Leuluai, was he playing? That wasn't the Wigan side l was expecting, they caved in. I'd have Graham as MOM with Moore not far behind. Roby had a v.quite game and Price didn't even play (neither did 25% of the usual 1st team). In all a very enjoyable day. Bring on the Rhinos.

:tu:

The team was clearly shattered. I blame Maguire for that - he didn't rest any players all season, always picking the strongest squad. I'd be shocked if Tomkins isn't carrying an injury too, he's looked jaded for all the playoff games.

Doesn't help that he set his stall out to play a conservative forwards game........with Fielden, Hock, Cross and Mossop unavailable. The bench was lightweight with Tuson, Farrell and O'Carroll in rotation. As the saying goes: "No Props, no pots." We tried to blitz you in the first 20 minutes and once you'd weathered that storm we were always in trouble.

As for Leuluai - I thought everyone knew by now he's ###### in the halves? He's a (world class) hooker through and through - again on Maguire's head. Instead of blooding Mellor/Powell (or Russell at FB and having the option of moving Tomkins back to the halves) he relied on Deacon all season (who is utterly finished) with Leuluai rotating with McIlorum (who I simply don't rate going forward) at hooker. Once Deacon dropped out of the side our options are zero - Leuluai must play in the halves and McIlorum must play 80 minutes. You can't win like that - not against the better teams.

I'm obviously very grateful for the work Maguire has done - but the last few weeks have left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I feel like he's leaving with the job half finished. Thankfully we have the best academy in the English game, so the next coach will have quality players to mould into a team - and we assume that's Wane, but who knows.

The squad has been flogged all season with no let up and I know a few players have not been happy for the last few weeks.

What Madge has done has been great but it's clear that since he decided to head back and announce it at the time has had a detrimental effect on the team. It's also clear to see that Hoff hasn't been the same since he decided to go back home.

Which players would those be Koi?

Erm, without giving names (!!) I'm from Chorley and know a certain player and his family quite well :tu: and can say that Lockers, Coley, Richards and Carmont in particular are carrying quite serious injuries....I've also been told that Sam and Joel have not been happy for one reason or another. One thing for sure, if Wane does get the job we'll see more squad rotation which will go down very well.

Edited by koi

Carmont is always carrying a serious injury! Richards has never looked fully fit all season. Lockers has been rotated in games (for the first time since I can remember) and Coley plays a demanding position.

So with that in mind I can fully believe those comments. Not sure about Joel and Sam though - although I can understand Sam being ###### off for the amount of abuse he gets.

Carmont is always carrying a serious injury! Richards has never looked fully fit all season. Lockers has been rotated in games (for the first time since I can remember) and Coley plays a demanding position.

So with that in mind I can fully believe those comments. Not sure about Joel and Sam though - although I can understand Sam being ###### off for the amount of abuse he gets.

I can't help but think Sam has an injury which is not been treated. Added to the above should be Amos, he banged on for months that he still wasn't right and was being pushed too much. Turned out he was correct and I believe he's just had another op to repair a tear in his knee cartilage.

It's certainly a strange situation Billy. Wigan and Warrington lost as many games combined as Leeds this season. The form teams over 20 odd games are undone by a team that strings a good month together.

Still, you know the format going into the season - it's tough to complain now it's gone against your side (I say as a Wigan season ticket holder).

The play-offs are there to make £££££ for the RFL, nothing more but the fact is as E_R says every team plays the season knowing the situation. From our (Wigan) point of view we got it wrong, playing injured players week in week out, the CC run and the WCC meant the players have not had a week off, this I believe has caused problems both on and off the pitch.

I don't like the new format of the play-off's, I preferred it when 1st played 2nd and the winner went straight to the final with the loser playing a semi-final. The sad thing is I can see Leeds winning it and for 3/4 of the season they've been poor. Personally, I'd place far more emphasis on winning the league and have the play-off's as a separate competition. However, the RFL will always argue you set up your season accordingly.

Well what a rubbish day yesterday was :(

After watching that drivel at Ewood I expected more from Wigan, but we just got overrun in the second half.

About the play offs in general, I don't think many of the players like the 8 team format, and also I think certainly the attendances show the fans aren't overly taken with them either. Was only 9500 at Saints yesterday which is a fair bit lower than the league game, and it has been same with the games at the DW. I've not looked at other teams attendances, but just from how the stadiums look on tv you can tell they're not as full.

Who to win the GF?! Ergh, what a terrible choice!! Think Saints will do it.

On the subject of Chorley didn't they change their name to Lancashire Lynx at one point too?

Isn't there an amateur club in Blackburn - someone told me they play at the back of the Hare & Hounds on Lammack Road?

On the subject of Chorley didn't they change their name to Lancashire Lynx at one point too?

Isn't there an amateur club in Blackburn - someone told me they play at the back of the Hare & Hounds on Lammack Road?

Originally yes, Chorley Borough became Lancashire Lynx (when bought by PNE) which became Chorley Lynx (when bought by a group along with Chorley FC). Blackpool Panthers took most of the Chorley squad when Chorley Lynx folded.

Don't know about Blackburn, there used to be a Blackburn Knights but not heard anything about them for ages. Accrington has a large RL following and some decent junior teams. Probably see one or two players come through in the next few years.

Was due to be going but an unforseen financial circumstance meant l had to cancel. Need a car more than a day out :( . I wouldn't take the risk LeftWinger, l have heard it done for Utd games but l'm not sure of the set up for RL. Did you get your tickets through Saints/Leeds or the offical RLFC site?

Anyone going on Saturday? I ordered my tickets on Wednesday last week - but still haven't had them. Am I right in thinking they can just reprint them at the ground on the day.

I would get onto the RFL if I was you. I think although you can collect tickets at OT, I think that is alls they provide a bog standard collection. It might be that any purchased after a certain date get held there (I'm not sure)

Man U's ticket office have absolutely nothing to to with it, so it would be no good talking to them on game day.