BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wasn't great but just enough to go though. Apart from the pre-match 'last night at the proms' thing going on, which was brilliant, the whole thing just seemed flat - both the team and the crowd. Never seemed to be much of an option for the player in possession, the team looked like it had never played together.

But stupidly just gone and bought some semi final tickets....

You have widdop on the bench yet still play one HB who is actually slower than me and another who doesn't even bother looking where he's passing the ball, presuming he's not already dropped it. Mcbanana is an idiot. The only people who like him are in Red Hall.

Hard to call between Aus and NZ. Hopefully Slater will be fit and Sonny Bill is up for it. Not every day you see the two best players in the world on the same pitch.

Guest Norbert

We were the better team, but didn't just run the clock down. And then there was that stupid high tackle. Brilliant game though. The second semi final was embarrassing to watch. Australia were in about 3rd gear and their movement and quick hands looked ominous for the Kiwis in the final. Being up in the top tier as I was, you could clearly see the looping runs an pre-planned moves of the teams.

Despite the result, it was a great day out, and what a first rugby league game to go to.

We were the better team, but didn't just run the clock down. And then there was that stupid high tackle. Brilliant game though. The second semi final was embarrassing to watch. Australia were in about 3rd gear and their movement and quick hands looked ominous for the Kiwis in the final. Being up in the top tier as I was, you could clearly see the looping runs an pre-planned moves of the teams.

Despite the result, it was a great day out, and what a first rugby league game to go to.

Yeah You know how to pick your games Norbert ! It's not like that every week but normally it's pretty exciting at a Rugby League game. I was recovering from a football injury ( broken leg ) years ago when a friend suggested I went to a game at my local Rugby League club. One game and I was hooked ( we won though ). I was blown away by the speed and aggression out there. I'd say there was more excitement in any 5 minutes of that game yesterday than all 180 minutes of the last two England games at Wembley.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Guest Norbert

It was a good first game to go to. Like I said, being high up, you could see the plays and runs unfolding, though you lost the details such as spotting the small knock ons etc. If only Hall had not slipped when he was away.

Best £20 I've ever spent, and it was an early birthday present for my dad who is difficult to buy for.

My problem is that being in the midlands, and not having a club team, I would have to travel to see a game in the upper levels. There is a semi-pro team called the Coventry Bears mind you so I should not be such a tart/glory supporter.

Edited by Norbert

Missed the game due to being at ewood, but watched the highlights earlier. Great performance and effort all wasted with 1 stupid keaning high tackle at the end.

Its really hard to fathom what goes through players heads at times like that. What a prat.

Yeah, was a great game yesterday despite the defeat. I thought England edged it but you sometimes need a bit of luck in games like that. Had Ryan Hall managed to keep hold of the ball at his interception near the end, it would have been game over.

Season tickets x 2, car park pass and Wigan TV subscription all purchased, can't wait for the new season.

Guest Norbert

How much of a loss is Sam Tomkins? Interesting he went to Kiwiland, where he'll always be second fiddle to the All Blacks (by a big margin) as opposed to an Aussie team. Money talks I suppose.

How much of a loss is Sam Tomkins? Interesting he went to Kiwiland, where he'll always be second fiddle to the All Blacks (by a big margin) as opposed to an Aussie team. Money talks I suppose.

Mm, it was a strange decision for Tomkins to go to New Zealand but he'll be a bit in the shadows there. Maybe that suits him. Wigan will bring along a replacement before too long. Kids live and breathe Rugby League there. Oxford had a decent team in Hornets league last season and Coventry Bears have been around a long while and could be admitted to the League soon.

Well its a huge loss to Wigan, you just cant replace talent as good as that. Its also a huge loss to super league

As for going to NZ, I guess he just wanted to test himself in the aussie league. At that stage its who can afford the fee and pay him the highest.

They are the only kiwi team in the NRL so they arguably have the whole country supporting them as opposed to the aussie teams who have an area of Aus

He went to NZ because they offered the most money and you pay less tax in NZ.

Yes we'll miss him but if Bowen carries on his form from last year then we'll have the best FB in the league by an absolute mile. Then you have the likes of Ryan Hampshire who is something else and better than Sam was at his age, then you look at Jason Robinson's lad Josh then Burgess... the list goes on.

Sam will be a huge loss, that goes without saying. It's a while though since he's played consistently well over several games, partly due to carrying a bit of an injury niggle and partly holding back once the rumour mill started to whirl.

Wigan do have a 'partnership' with NZW which will have made any transfer to them a bit easier than to any of the other NRL clubs. There was a post on the RL fans site a few months back from a NZW fan saying how good their youth set up is and, like Wigan, they have a production line of talent coming through. The feeling is that they'll start to improve their league position year on year.

As koi says, Matty Bowen is a great replacement and I'm really looking forward to seeing him play this coming season. We also have a young lad called Ryan Hampshire who can play in either the halves or at full back and he really does appear to be a star in the making. He'll surely get more game time this year now we've cracked Leeds' formula of rotation/resting key players in order to keep them fresh at the business end of the season!

It will be an interesting final with Australia looking for payback.

I'm only starting to get back in to League. My team, North Sydney, were forced to merge with their bitter enemy, Manly, during the breakaway Super League - NRL period. Imagine Rovers and Burnley merging. I really love seeing the Burgess brothers playing, so I have a bit of a soft spot for South Sydney.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, things can only get better!

Bit like the start of last season, just didn't quite seem with it. The kicking (and handling) was especially awful. Hope they get it together for Sydney!! I know it will take a little while to gel with all the new players. It will end up alright within a few weeks.

Other point....whats happened to the pies?!? My mum went to get me a cheese pie, come back with steak pie. It was horrid and it mostly ended on the floor. Then she proceeded to tell me that they've changed from pooles to hollands....so no wonder it was crap!