BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

This got on my nerves on Friday. Lee Briers was wobbling all over the show for at least the last 20 minutes, he couldn't keep up with the line and had Wigan run at him they'd probably have gone straight through him. However I can't recall the ball coming back down that side very much at all. Lots of wasted opportunity.

In the first half Bridge had a clash of heads with Pat and was out on his legs. Wigan play the ball, now common sense would suggest getting the ball to Gaz who is opposite him and get him to go straight for him, holes would be all through that side of the Wolves defence, What do they do? ball up the jumper and head for the middle. It's like Wane wants battering rams.

Oh and lets hope Sam and Pat starting talking to each other in future games.

Still, early days, lets hope it's a 'difficult period' whilst adapting to a new coach and we'll storm the second-half of the season. Right, I'm off to do the lottery..

• 2 weeks later...

Great game today and superb atmosphere on the East terracing, a sea of cherry and white. We were potentially up against it due to injuries and suspensions but, without singling anyone out, every one of the lads put in a shift and more. Inept refereeing on the pitch at times, coupled with the video ref being less than kind to us, could have cost us on another day. Saints' best moments were in the second half but our defence was superb and held firm. I had us to win by 6, so the final margin was testament to a convincing display of rugby league. Last derby win at Knowsley Road and first derby win at Langtree Park. Moments to savour!

Well that was good!!! Always great to beat Saints. Much better defence than previous games and made it count when we had to. Was a bit worried when they had that push just after half time (5 pens in a row ffs :angry2: ) but the defence held out brilliantly. We could still do with a 2nd kicker, makes me nervous Josh taking them!

7051194741_4d98037818.jpg

6905106322_6933cb2bc6.jpg

What you think of the stadium? I thought it was alright but they could've carried on building the brick walls to the top, bloody drafty!! Oh and they serve beer slower than at Ewood which I didn't think was possible!

What you think of the stadium? I thought it was alright but they could've carried on building the brick walls to the top, bloody drafty!! Oh and they serve beer slower than at Ewood which I didn't think was possible!

I thought the stadium looked more impressive from the outside. I was a bit disappointed inside. Yep, it was freezing and we said the same about the length of time to get a beer! :lol: Great to be able to stand on a packed terrace.

I think they ran out of money when building the walls, maybe that's the next stage of development? Thought it was a crackin' performance with special mention to Gaz, HH and Finchy. However, everything is eclipsed by some fantastic comments from certain Saints fans, it's be a few years since I heard such epic sulking from their lot, even Mr Rush spat the dummy big time when interviewed. A very nice day. Oh, and for some classic forum reading check out redvee.com, comedy gold.

Nice little knock-up after Friday, only negative performance was Lima's shorts. Thought Gelling had a decent enough game, maybe could have gone looking for ball more than he did but certainly shows promise. What was going on with the 40/20s? like buses - guess that's what you can do when you get plenty of time with the ball in hand.

• 3 weeks later...

Good game up at Featherstone yesterday although I would've liked it to be a bit easier from Wigan!

Although it didn't matter too much yesterday, it did highlight again that a 2nd kicker is a must!

Good game up at Featherstone yesterday although I would've liked it to be a bit easier from Wigan!

Although it didn't matter too much yesterday, it did highlight again that a 2nd kicker is a must!

Thing is Josh is a superb kicker, at U20 he did all the kicking. Not sure if it's a lack of practice or confidence at the moment but I know he's working on it.

What a quarter final. We have to stop saints getting to their 11th semi on the trot. Im sick of hearing this year in year out. Also we will be playing fri night or sat lunch because Wigan Ath are at home on the Sunday. Sat lunch will suit me best.

What a quarter final. We have to stop saints getting to their 11th semi on the trot. Im sick of hearing this year in year out. Also we will be playing fri night or sat lunch because Wigan Ath are at home on the Sunday. Sat lunch will suit me best.

Friday night for me...gives the pitch a day to 'recover' (and I have an exam on Saturday morning which I skived off last year to watch Rovers vs Man U, so cant skive it again! :D).

Edited by cn174

LSV according to my my unreliable mate, reckons he's heard it from Leigh.

It was announced last night. B b c are showing it at 230 on sat. The venue is still up for debate as far as im aware

leigh v leeds is Fri night other two on Sunday

According to DW it's down the the tv scheduling and the BBC wanting to show the game on the Saturday, Wigan want to play on the Friday which would hand the game to Sky. We aint going to win this one me thinks.

According to DW it's down the the tv scheduling and the BBC wanting to show the game on the Saturday, Wigan want to play on the Friday which would hand the game to Sky. We aint going to win this one me thinks.

i wouldnt mind if it was at the breezeblock but leigh is too small for this one

Right, let's try and look forward..

Well got my tickets for Saturday, got my ST seat so not cheap, should have tried to blag my way into the wedding! Presuming they're putting the Saints fans in the East stand with some segregation? could be fun..

How bizarre was Friday! Started by getting there very early and bumping into Lee Briers coming out of F&Bs with his missus and kid. I wont say what I think of him on here, children watching and all that, he's a talented player but that's all the praise I can give him. Anyway, thought we were on for a complete battering of KR until Bentham took one from their FB. First time I've ever clapped a ref off the pitch that's for sure. As for Hicks, the bloke shouldn't be allowed near a rugby pitch.

Right, let's try and look forward..

Well got my tickets for Saturday, got my ST seat so not cheap, should have tried to blag my way into the wedding! Presuming they're putting the Saints fans in the East stand with some segregation? could be fun..

The saints fans are going in the east and west stands, first 3 blocks of each.

Shame I'm in Cambridge for this one. Coming back for the Magic Weekend though. Irritated that we're scheduled played Saints ten times in two years (not including any potential playoff meetings this year). And Warrington get who? Widnes? Seems fair.

Quite enjoyed today, always good to beat Saints! Nice atmosphere too despite the small crowd.

Loved the fella at half time on the loud speaker "THE GOLDEN GAMBLE DRAW WILL BE MADE PITCH SIDE TODAY, HOWEVER DUE TO NOISE RESTRICTIONS THE WINNERS WILL NOT BE ANNOUNCED!!" errr ok! ha

How bizarre was that announcement?! Would've been hilarous if they told us to keep it down before the game. Got to love the BBC shed, not sure if they nicked it from aintree or martin mere!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2