BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wakey 62- Wigan 0 . What's going on ?

Damned embarrassing TS. Ten players out through injury/virus that's hit the club this week. That would have been enough to scupper most squads but even so, we still had several internationals playing who should have given a better account of themselves.

I am driving through Warrington tomorrow, so I'll be taking the Wigan team replica out of my windscreen in case any eggs get thrown at the car!

Still, (and luckily) nowt's won in April.

Damned embarrassing TS. Ten players out through injury/virus that's hit the club this week. That would have been enough to scupper most squads but even so, we still had several internationals playing who should have given a better account of themselves.

I am driving through Warrington tomorrow, so I'll be taking the Wigan team replica out of my windscreen in case any eggs get thrown at the car!

Still, (and luckily) nowt's won in April.

If it's what went through my family a week or so ago they'll feel like crap for a few days. As you say, early days yet but something must be happening at Wakefield. I just hope it's not more Aussies over here.

T'was an embarrassment and Wane is an arrogant plant pot but in fairness there was no training last week as most were still struggling on Sunday. Saying that, the halves need sorting, Smith isn't good enough and, whilst I'm no Dr, Williams injury sounds pretty bad to me.

• 1 month later...

Always good to get one over on Leeds, even if they're having a stinker of a season. Drowning out Warrington fans during their game was quality as well. Great long weekend in and around Newcastle. Nice city with eateries and bars. St James is also a mighty fine stadium. Another year in Geordieland please, then perhaps a move to the Midlands, say Villa Park?

• 4 months later...

Some finish in the relegation play off (1 million quid match I think it was dubbed). Salford were 18 - 10 down to Hull KR with 90 secs to play, got two tries in that time to level it, even had a touchline conversion to win it with the last kick. Missed it, so golden point (is that the right term?) extra time and Salford got a drop goal from almost the half way line to win it 18 - 19. Hull KR fans must be distraught.

Some finish in the relegation play off (1 million quid match I think it was dubbed). Salford were 18 - 10 down to Hull KR with 90 secs to play, got two tries in that time to level it, even had a touchline conversion to win it with the last kick. Missed it, so golden point (is that the right term?) extra time and Salford got a drop goal from almost the half way line to win it 18 - 19. Hull KR fans must be distraught.

Yes, first point in extra time wins. It was an incredible drop goal. It's very windy at KR's ground and I suspect it got a bit if help but still, top kick!

No mention

Of the rugby hooligans ?

? Has there been some trouble?

Right, just read about the trouble after the game. I turned off the telly as too many salfords fans were on it . In fairness to Salford fans they're usually okay but they can attract Utd and City fans who seem to turn up for the liberal drinking rules at Rugby games and a scrap afterwards. Don't like KR fans; they're quite fond bricking your coach and it's one of the few Rugby grounds that have a Police presence.

Life is sweet again! This injury hit, never say die squad is full of heroes. Great game yesterday and the switch a few games back from a more structured game to one of a more 'off the cuff' style has paid dividends. Well done Wigan.

And then, you've got to play the mighty Sharks in the Club Challenge. Pity we won't have Ennis as half, but we'll pick up some annoying character.

I don't follow the NRL too much Dave but yes, will be good to play the Sharks. First silverware for some time? I was over in Brisbane in 2000 and we went to watch the Broncos v Sharks play off game. Sharks went something like 18-0 up, if my memory serves me right, before Broncos clawed it all back to win.

It's the first bit of silverware the Sharks have ever won. Been in the NRL since 1967, so quite a momentous occasion in this neck of the woods.

Came back from wooden spooners two years back to Premiers. We've got a good mix of experience and youth, some "hard " men and some smooth and silky players. Some quick and some fast.

Having said that, Melbourne Storm nearly took it, it was just the first 40 mins that emptied the storms tank.

If you get the chance to watch a replay, do it, it was a good game.

• 4 months later...

Finally, Rugby League returns. Superb first half by Wigan today, everything came down our left and Budgie soon back into his stride. Thought Escare had a very good debut and looked at home. Tommy L gradually got his kicking game going and Faz had a good game. Eased off in the second half although Salford had us pinned back for periods and deserved their scores. Overall result about right. That car park is officially the worst in the world and I definitely will not park there next season.

It started last week for my team. We got promoted last season so to beat an established team 46-0 was some result. Away at Bradford today so I'm expecting a tough game. I'm out in Spain today but we fly back tomorrow. I'll be at the home match with Hull KR next Sunday.

i'm sorry but the comparisons with the way Hornets are run and Rovers aren't run is heartbreaking.

Wigan RLFC World Club Champions.

Great game this afternoon and a great atmosphere in front of 21k. Attacked and defended well, no one on the Wigan side had a bad game. A superb team performance. Whilst George Williams had a good game, I would have given the man of the match to either Joe Burgess (how can you not do after a hat trick?) or John 'I never take a step backwards' Bateman. But what the heck. Well done lads!

Congratulations also to Warrington after their victory yesterday over Brisbane Broncos. RFL 2 NRL 0 How sweet is that?