BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Poor they were, probably the worst conditioned team I've seen for a long time. Good to see Gaz starting to get back in the groove, a truly terrifying prospect to play against when on his game. Decent start from Cross too, nothing special but he's a battering ram and gets nasty in the tackle, proper old school prop! Still think we've not quite got enough to beat Wire but who knows....

Decent start from Cross too, nothing special but he's a battering ram and gets nasty in the tackle, proper old school prop!

Tried to knock someone's head off in the second half but missed!!!

Gonna miss challenge cup, will be a very tough game vs Wire who are scoring for fun!

Revenge is sweet! Warrington bossed the game at the DW earlier this season and deserved their win but we did more than avenge that this afternoon in an absolute classic. The lads were up for it from the off and I thought our pack was immense. Everyone played their part and whilst Warrington came back into the game well and had the momentum at one point, Wigan moved through the gears in the second half. Scoring 44 points at Warrington is no mean feat. The atmosphere was electric, a sunny, warm day, a noisy, sellout crowd and the sheer joy on the lads' faces at the end spoke volumes for the performance and what it meant to both them and the superb Wigan following.

What a fantastic game, watched every minute of it. Beats footie hands down.

Easily, I'd like to see a footballer compete at anything like that intensity never mind handle the power in those hits. It was a full blooded 80 minute battle with some sublime pieces of skill and superb set plays ( the second Wigan try was pure text book).

Revenge is sweet! Warrington bossed the game at the DW earlier this season and deserved their win but we did more than avenge that this afternoon in an absolute classic. The lads were up for it from the off and I thought our pack was immense. Everyone played their part and whilst Warrington came back into the game well and had the momentum at one point, Wigan moved through the gears in the second half. Scoring 44 points at Warrington is no mean feat. The atmosphere was electric, a sunny, warm day, a noisy, sellout crowd and the sheer joy on the lads' faces at the end spoke volumes for the performance and what it meant to both them and the superb Wigan following.

Thought Coley/Lima/Mossop really gave the Wire pack serious grief, oh yeah and of course Lockers who is so good in every game I often forget to mention him! Only real downside from our POV was more signs that Josh/Joel is a very vulnerable defensive combo at times and Hock was miles off the pace. Was surprised Cross didn't get a game after last week.

Edited by koi

just to put everything and everybody, back into perspective....buy your tickets now for the WCC in february, cause australia's team are rising from the ashes and fingers crossed, will be making another trip to england next feb....."YOUR MIGHTY MELBOURNE STORM, ARE BACK AFTER FIVE YEARS OF SERIOUS SALARY CAP CHEATING, ACCOUNTING FRAUD AND ANNUAL LOSSES IN THE MILLIONS....LOOK OUT"!!!!

Corrected it for you :glare:

• 2 weeks later...

Wem-ber-leyyyyy :D

Just booked tickets now :D

Didn't go to the semi final because I'd already arranged to go to Edinburgh/Kilmarnock but looking forward to the final!!

btw if anyone is planning on going, there's no trains running between Preston and Bolton for half the day on the 27th.

Well, at least I now get to visit the new Wembley courtesy of Wigan Rugby rather than Blackburn Rovers. A close game in the end. Following a tough first half Wigan started to pull away but a moment of madness by Joel Tomkins could have cost us dearly. Chosing to pass when it was easier to take the four points(and put the tie to bed), a nailed on try was squandered and Saints went straight down the other end and put points on the board before going over again shortly after to make it a nail biting last ten minutes. I don't think we could have had a tougher route to the final so well done to one and all. Crowne Plaza Ealing booked for two nights, just got to get tickets now..... :o

Well, at least I now get to visit the new Wembley courtesy of Wigan Rugby rather than Blackburn Rovers. A close game in the end. Following a tough first half Wigan started to pull away but a moment of madness by Joel Tomkins could have cost us dearly. Chosing to pass when it was easier to take the four points(and put the tie to bed), a nailed on try was squandered and Saints went straight down the other end and put points on the board before going over again shortly after to make it a nail biting last ten minutes. I don't think we could have had a tougher route to the final so well done to one and all. Crowne Plaza Ealing booked for two nights, just got to get tickets now..... :o

I've only just got mine, if you get on the website now the queue isn't so big.

I've only just got mine, if you get on the website now the queue isn't so big.

:lol: Thanks, but I'm not a season ticket holder. Will have to wait until Thurday or Friday now! What price tickets did you get Clare? We're now actually booked in the Hendon Hall Hotel about 3.5 miles from Wembley. Couldn't get two nights at the other place - we're going down on Friday and stopping Friday & Sat nights, so if you want to meet up for a drink we can do.

It was a belter today and the scenes at the end were superb. As we were walking back to the car, you could look back into the South Stand and still see and hear the mass or cherry & white bouncing away!

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

Going on a freebie (every year), champagne, meal in bobby Moore lounge, free wine, beer etc and seats on the half way line four rows behind the players entrance and parking 400 meters from the ground. And the Missis drives.

There will be a few of us missing Ewood that day.

:lol: Thanks, but I'm not a season ticket holder. Will have to wait until Thurday or Friday now! What price tickets did you get Clare? We're now actually booked in the Hendon Hall Hotel about 3.5 miles from Wembley. Couldn't get two nights at the other place - we're going down on Friday and stopping Friday & Sat nights, so if you want to meet up for a drink we can do.

It was a belter today and the scenes at the end were superb. As we were walking back to the car, you could look back into the South Stand and still see and hear the mass or cherry & white bouncing away!

£41 tickets i got, i didnt do it through wigan, but on challenge cup website (google it im on my phone!). But got them in the wigan end - it tells you what side to choose.

No idea what was going on in JT's head when that ball he threw the ball out to George - one thing for sure he'll get a mega rollocking. Good to see the officials doing their best to knock us out.

Not looked at the tickets for Wemberley yet, I think we've got 'till Thursday to get the tickets before they go on general sale. Only slight prob, I've also got two tickets for Jason Manford at Southport for that Saturday night, need to shift them now!

Not looked at the tickets for Wemberley yet, I think we've got 'till Thursday to get the tickets before they go on general sale.

koi - I was thinking the same, getting tickets via Wigan but went on the Challenge Cup website last night and got my tickets within a few minutes - thanks Clare! I had to register but got the £41 tickets in the west/Wigan end, more or less behind the sticks.

koi - I was thinking the same, getting tickets via Wigan but went on the Challenge Cup website last night and got my tickets within a few minutes - thanks Clare! I had to register but got the £41 tickets in the west/Wigan end, more or less behind the sticks.

Yeah I noticed that, if non of us can get to the DW tomorrow we might go via that website - was wondering if it's slightly cheaper for ST holders (doubt it) but the Warriors site is down due to heavy use. Not been to the new Wemberleey.

Just noticed one ticket per ST holder! WTF!! We have non-ST holders wanting to go, no point going through the club now.

Edited by koi

There is a cracking deal in the papeers for the C Cup Final.

Ticket, travel, bandb overnight travelling from Chorley, Leigh and Bolton £129.00.

Yeah, Omega Holidays someone has said. Unfortunately 7 month old twins means it's a no go for me! under strict orders to be there and back in the day :angry:

Had a change of scenery today and sat in the South Stand (saved myself £1!) - much prefer watching rugby on the side though. Thought we were good for the win, but could've been better. What was Hanson ( i think it was) playing at celebrating before he'd scored his try then dropped it?

But what a try by Tomkins in the second half - he's a sod isn't he? People screaming at him to pass but he just kept going!