BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What was Hanson ( i think it was) playing at celebrating before he'd scored his try then dropped it?

Yeah, we couldn't really see what happened sat right at the far end of the East. That answers it. A nice, comfortable win and yes, what an absolutely brilliant try by man of the match Sam. My wife's favourite player and I can't argue with that! Good to hit the 50 point mark as well.

Rudimentary performance dominated by a very good Finch - by the way how much better is the RH side in defence with Tommy there instead of Deacon! Good to see Gaz get some good pitch miles under his boots. Shame about Cross, that leaves us down to four props and Prezza is carrying knocks plus Mossop is on report. Could be our downfall in play-offs.

By the way, it sounded like the East was singing "we saw you looting shops", if true, fair play!

Season ticket holder for the Warriors. Bought my ticket for the Challenge Cup, but (as is fitting with how my life is going right now) I can't get the day off work. So I'm paying £60 to erm.....watch the final at home.

Fantastic.

Have you seen the thread on the RLfans forum, Wigan section. Folk buying/swapping/selling final tickets?

Turned out to be a stroll in the park tonight but still impresive, especially second half. Not knocking Pat but his kicking recently hasn't been up to his high standards. Tonight they were either right in front of the sticks or moreso way out wide. We could have been looking at 70 points on the board. Let's hope his eye is in for next week, I'm sure it will be. What can you say about Sam? Man of the match again and oozes quality whenever he gets the ball. Plenty of good performances and some great tries. Superb night. A decent win but mainly everyone coming through unscathed was all we really wanted. Roll on Wembley!

Just hope next week is as good vs dirty Leeds - I really do dislike them.

First half started alright but two sloppy tries to give away. Second half Wigan were just all over Bradford and like you said if Richard's had his shooting boots on it'd be miles more. He said after game he was going to practise all week - good!! Don't think we'll be afforded the same kind of luxury next week with all the long distance tries. Great ones from Sam and Charnley.

What has happened to Bradford though? Proper fallen from grace.

Are you going CLB? Maybe we should have a little Rovers Wigan fans meet up :D

Two days before the game, when the ticket has been sold, my boss tells me I can have the day off if I want. *bangs head against wall*

Ah well. I can't see anything other than a Wigan win. Although I'll be at Ewood for the match itself.

As for the Bradford game: Wigan were content to simply win it before Sykes tried to behead S. Tomkins. After that we unleashed the hounds, it was a little terrifying to watch 'cos Bradford had no answer for it.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

Great game today and a great show from the sea of cherry and White. Another try at 16-0 would have probably sealed it but credit to Leeds. They came back strongly and pushed us to the limit. At one point I thought it was theirs but Wigan have a defence second to none, The Tomkins brothers try was the pick for me and I'm made up for Jeff Lima, a real unsung hero. Good to meet up with you Clare. Just a handful of happy Rovers fans tonight!

Just back too! What a great day - was on row 2 on the tryline. Spent half the match watching on the tellys but good view when the action was down our end.

Started very well but after we let them get those two tries it was a little too close for comfort in the second half. Thought they weren't going to give it they showed the replay that many times! But the defence stood firm for the most part and we ground out the victory well.

6086715395_fafc9c84a7_o.jpg

Few More

Edited by cn174

Just back. Disaster on the chartered train. Thank god for Virgin stepping in. Fantastic day otherwise. The cup is back home.

Oh yeah and I forgot what a sh!thole Wembley is - the area, not the stadium, that's lovely.

I was shocked the first time I went to Wembley - the area is a disgrace.

I've never been impressed with the stadium either - for £1bn I expect better. At least something original.

As for the game. Thought we were lucky to win in the end. That's mainly down to the injuries we picked up during the match (Prescott, O'Loughlin, Charnley)and only having two props on the bench, but it goes down as a win in the books so that's all I care about.

A guy stopped me at work last Wednesday - " You're a rugby fan aren't you, do you want some tickets for a final " ? I say O.K thinking Oldham St Annes v Rochdale Mayfield or some other local teams. I say " How much " ? He says " Nothing, they're free ". I say " OK , I'll have two ". He says " I've got four, you can have them all, I'll bring them in tomorrow.

Tomorrow comes and I'm dashing out to get a lift home, The guy sees me leaving work and shoves an envelope into my hand, I quickly put the envelope into a small pocket in my work bag and forget all about it.

Late Saturday morning I'm emptying my work bag and find the forgotten envelope, belatedly I open it. I find four tickets for that days final !!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRR.

T'was my first visit to the 'new' Wembley and was quite impressed, I was less impressed with the 3 quid paid for a bottle of water. With the new stadium I had presumed Brent council might have at least given the place a lick of paint but no, the same old dump and Wembley Central is pitiful. Anyway, putting aside the complete farce of the chartered train it was a good day.

Only got back from hols on Friday so couldn't be bothered unpacking my decent camera and took the mrs pocket thing - only took a few:

First sighting of Wembley from the train - in the absence of the chartered train Virgin stepped in and eventually we got to Crewe and got on the service to Euston on the excellent Pendolino, first class no less.

P1020443modifiedmodified.jpg

Walking to the ground - met Tez O'Connor and Barry Mac (in front in the pics) with their Missus', neither had much to say:

P1020445modified.jpg

Finally in our seats:

P1020452modified.jpg

Edited by koi

How hard are this lot? Proper men! Apparently Lee Mossop dislocated his shoulder at wembley but returned to the action once it had been put back in place whilst Josh Charnley played on with the bone sticking out of a finger and a bandage wrapped around it.

From Sky Sports report.....

"Mossop's shoulder had to be restored to its socket by medical staff in the dressing room at Wembley during the Challenge Cup final against Leeds.

And Mossop joined winger Josh Charnley, who played on despite sustaining a compound fracture of his finger in the first minute, in overcoming injury to help the Warriors to a 28-18 victory."

I once suggested 'Tiny' Taylor should have spent a pre season training with Wigan rather than going on the clubs pre season tour. It would have done him the world of good and made him a far better player imo. Having said that I can't think of a better injury rehab centre than Wigan Warriors for messrs Dunne and Grella. They do say that 'what doesn't kill you will do you good' don't they?

Kinell! I'd pay big money just for tickets to watch their first day in training! :lol:

Edited by thenodrog

I think even in a game of tag rugby footy players would get 'injured'!! When you watch the two all the time the difference in players reactions and attitude is massive really. I liked this quote from Tomkins last week:

'You see grown men like Joey Barton dropping to the floor,' he said. 'They must do football in the morning and acting in the afternoon. If a player did that in rugby he would have 20 blokes in the tunnel waiting for him.'

• 2 weeks later...

I think even in a game of tag rugby footy players would get 'injured'!! When you watch the two all the time the difference in players reactions and attitude is massive really. I liked this quote from Tomkins last week:

'You see grown men like Joey Barton dropping to the floor,' he said. 'They must do football in the morning and acting in the afternoon. If a player did that in rugby he would have 20 blokes in the tunnel waiting for him.'

I know quit a few who had bags of talent to play Rugby League (far more than me) but couldn't handle the physical side of the game - one actually got as far as a few 1st team games at Wigan before admitting he couldn't do it, still, has a reasonable career playing the kick n clap form a Rugby....

Strange game on Friday. Sadly, I knew the fella who lost his life before the game. He was a neighbour of mine and a huge Rugby League fan who was devoted to the game and was involved with the Chorley Panthers. He leaves two sons, both play the game and huge Warrior fans.

Blinkin heck, don't think Warrington are going to be very easy to beat!!

Very much the team to beat but I've got to say Fartown have been very poor for the last 6 - 8 weeks and just didn't turn up last night, that together with some very lenient reffing on their behalf made it an easy night.

Wigan 18 St Helens 26

Was a bad day for Wigan, not many positives from the game at all. Too many mistakes, lots of bad defending and a couple of bad decisions from Bentham didn't help. Saints were on top pretty much all game, although the try to give them 20 points really was the killer.

Still thanks to the silly layout of the playoffs we're still in and we'll just have to go the hard way via Catalans and whoever after that.

Was a bad day for Wigan, not many positives from the game at all. Too many mistakes, lots of bad defending and a couple of bad decisions from Bentham didn't help. Saints were on top pretty much all game, although the try to give them 20 points really was the killer.

Still thanks to the silly layout of the playoffs we're still in and we'll just have to go the hard way via Catalans and whoever after that.

I don't agree about the play offs. In Rugby League you get greater rewards for finishing higher up the league. I think that's a good thing. Just don't ask me to explain how it all works.