BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yep, that shirt is a winner - there'll be two Darreners wearing them pretty soon!

Clare - I'll let you know our seats later. Written the numbers down but now can't find my bit of paper. Did it all over the phone. They had saved us seats in the East roughly on our 20 meter line but opted for seats on the North Stand side of the halfway line which were more central.

koi - never had any problems with getting away from the big car park behind the East. Always stay until the end but must admit I shift a bit once the hooter goes!

just watched the England game, not a bad performance at all and much better than the scoreline suggest. Very impressed with Jack Reed, would be a storming centre on SL. I wonder if Lenegan has decided what to do with the Joel T money?

I thought we did well considering we were playing against 14 men.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

According to todays Guardian the Aussies have appointed a fellow convict as the ref for Saturdays game . No wonder other codes laugh at Rugby League. In what other sport would the official in charge of a World Cup Final come from one of the two competing nations ? You couldn't make it up ! Aussie's , hang you're heads in shame.

According to todays Guardian the Aussies have appointed a fellow convict as the ref for Saturdays game . No wonder other codes laugh at Rugby League. In what other sport would the official in charge of a World Cup Final come from one of the two competing nations ? You couldn't make it up ! Aussie's , hang you're heads in shame.

Not being a great fan of League, but I find this comment absolute rubbish.

What you are saying is that the international board (and I presume they have one) have acquiesced to an ARL request.

Anyway, a mate of mine, Bill, is the head honcho of the refs in Australia, so I'll ask him next time I see him.

Not being a great fan of League, but I find this comment absolute rubbish.

What you are saying is that the international board (and I presume they have one) have acquiesced to an ARL request.

Anyway, a mate of mine, Bill, is the head honcho of the refs in Australia, so I'll ask him next time I see him.

Yes they have one, the RLIF. In a way they have acquiesced to the ARL as they asked for Cecchin however England did ask for Phil Bentham (he is English). It's the RLIFs fault as they failed to insist on a neutral for the final and have chosen an Aussie to ref a final that includes Australia.

The refereeing has been appalling especially from the Aus & NZ refs so I'm not sure who should be doing it. The obvious one is Terry Halibut I suppose but do we really want a massive game ref'd by a French Mr Bean?

Yeah, we have an International Board whatever that means, the reality is the aussies tell our guys what's going to happen and it happens, as can be seen by the final referee fiasco. I've got to give it to the convicts though, we've never won a series against them in 40 years and they're still not prepared to take any chances with the officials ! Hang on, maybe that's why we're still waiting for a win after all that time. What we could do with is Venkies selling Rovers and buying the Aussie Rugby League, we'd soon be running away with it then.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

well I got to the 60th minute of the Baa Baa game before finally deciding I couldn't take the pain any more. It was so bad that I considered poking my eyes out so I'd never have to watch Union again. Only good thing to come out of it (hopefully) is that Sam has seen 1st hand how inferior Union is.

• 2 weeks later...

I watch a fair bit of both codes, but find the Premiership almost unwatchable at times. Whilst even a poor RL game has its moments.

How do you avid RL fans feel about Union ending up with a far bigger profile?

I went to Preston Grasshoppers rugby union on Saturday. Good afternoon out with some great company, however dreadful game of huff and puff.

Union will always be the bigger game due to sponsorship and being a big game in the home counties and on a UK wide basis. I prefer Rugby League anyway.....far more physical and must faster game, also lots of families (women and children) go and no hassle between opposition fans who often stand together.

I prefer League every time.

• 2 weeks later...

I watch a fair bit of both codes, but find the Premiership almost unwatchable at times. Whilst even a poor RL game has its moments.

How do you avid RL fans feel about Union ending up with a far bigger profile?

It leaves me baffled. Having said that they're both regional sports. Union is dead up north and League is dead down south. The difference is where the media are based. Hopefully with the BBC Sport team moving to Salford, League will get much more national coverage and people can finally realise that it's the best sport this country has to offer.

• 1 month later...

Well that wasn't a great start to the season! Just thought Wigan were far too flat in attack, and when we were within distance of the try line made a few bad decisions.

Had to laugh at some of the miserable sods sat around me - 'good job relegation doesn't exist anymore, cos that's where we'd be heading', 'just no hope for us'. good grief!!

Bloke behind me summed it up when he said it looked like they were all on the p1ss last night. The performance was typified by Finch having to be first in numerous tackles when it's the forwards who should be 'rattling ribs' as I used to be told. My biggest concern for this season is the right hand side. We really need a decent centre in there and I just don't think Goulding is good enough. Tough game next Saturday.

The performance was typified by Finch having to be first in numerous tackles when it's the forwards who should be 'rattling ribs' as I used to be told.

It's not as if there weren't enough forwards in the team!

Also - Monday night rugby, what's that all about?!