BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2011 --lockout season

Looking to order a bit of NFL gear, but I've never had stuff shipped to Europe before, what is the best site in terms of price, delivery speed and, if possible, avoiding the import tariffs.

Eddie have you looked on the nfluk.com shop first? They have quite a bit of the stuff from normal NFL shop (not everything mind), but it is shipped from England so you don't pay ridiculous money for it.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking to order a bit of NFL gear, but I've never had stuff shipped to Europe before, what is the best site in terms of price, delivery speed and, if possible, avoiding the import tariffs.

I tend to use ta-sports.net they are based in the UK (Preston I think) and the range on offer is growing plus they sell Root Beer :tu: Love the stuff.

He's certainly got something about him, but in the long-run the offense is going to need to be more sophisticated. Gimmicks can work, but not for long.

Agreed, he needs to improve in the pocket big time. The defense is what is keeping us in games long enough to allow him to play.

It's a nice story, but the Jets should have won last night. The result was more down to the Sanchez interception and his general inability to manage a game than because of Tebow's good play.

Two missed field goals and an awful, awful defensive call by Rex Ryan might have had something to do with it, too.

I think you'll find Tebow's ability to move the ball 95 yards basically on his own was a big part of it.

Tebow may be able to throw the ball with about as much accuracy as my grandmother but he is a winner no doubt about it. CLUTCH.

Clutch as hell. The kid is a great athlete with an amazing attitude. You can't teach what he has. You can teach what he doesnt have.

He's capable of changing - or at least broadening - what defines a "great quarterback". He's a leader and a winner. Orton was a passer, and neither of the other two. Same as Cutler.

The 'winner' stuff is often overrated. There are plenty of players who get tagged as either a winner or a non-winner who go on to prove that particular description wrong. The fact is that he simply doesn't have the accuracy or ability to consistently move the ball through the air. In the long-run that will prevent him from being a quarterback in the NFL. Maybe he'll stick around to run the option for a team as a back-up and game changer, maybe he'll be used in a different position, but what we're seeing now is a repeat of the Miami Dolphins wildcat bonanza. Enjoy the ride while it last, it won't be around for long.

I'll give him credit, he's getting it done now and he does have the chance to develop. Whether that can happen with his current coach and front office is another matter, and actually growing into a decent passer is a big ask, so I have my reservations for now.

And Staffords first 9 starts where?

Tebow I love you man!!!!!

I love VonDoom too !!!!!!!

The 'winner' stuff is often overrated. There are plenty of players who get tagged as either a winner or a non-winner who go on to prove that particular description wrong. The fact is that he simply doesn't have the accuracy or ability to consistently move the ball through the air. In the long-run that will prevent him from being a quarterback in the NFL. Maybe he'll stick around to run the option for a team as a back-up and game changer, maybe he'll be used in a different position, but what we're seeing now is a repeat of the Miami Dolphins wildcat bonanza. Enjoy the ride while it last, it won't be around for long.

I'm gonna save this quote Eddie !

Tebow= winner

He is a gimmick player. As Eddie says, he will be the new Wildcat for the rest of this season and half of the next. Then teams will work him out and seeing as he cant actually throw the ball he wil end up being released.

Waste of money.

Even his coach knows it....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8244056a/article/fox-wishes-he-hadnt-created-firestorm-with-tebow-comment

And Staffords first 9 starts where?

Tebow I love you man!!!!!

I love VonDoom too !!!!!!!

I wasn't putting Stafford forward as a great QB, he's got a hell of a lot to prove, too. Stafford right now is a good arm with an elite receiver to make the plays for him. If we could protect him a little then maybe he'd do better, but it's easy to knock him off rhythm and then he struggles.

He is a gimmick player. As Eddie says, he will be the new Wildcat for the rest of this season and half of the next. Then teams will work him out and seeing as he cant actually throw the ball he wil end up being released.

Waste of money.

Even his coach knows it....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8244056a/article/fox-wishes-he-hadnt-created-firestorm-with-tebow-comment

Gimmick ? He just wins and thats what matters.

Wished we had a tebow at ewood.

Gimmick ? He just wins and thats what matters.

Wished we had a tebow at ewood.

Yep, he wins now, just like the Dolphins did when they brought in the wildcat(11-5 in 2008 running the Wildcat, 7-9 the season after when every team had worked out the gimmick).

But as I said, he wont be winning for long unless he can suddenly become an adequate pocket passer. Which he isnt, and IMO, wont.

Well said Jeru. That's as fair as anyone can be at this point.

Everyone criticising Tebow is doing the same thing - stating what may happen in future. You may end up being right. But all he can do is take each game as it comes and try to win. So far he's excellent at it. He can't change your perceptions of the future - the fact that that's the only way to criticise him shows how well he is doing right NOW.

Cam Newton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Christian Ponder, Josh Freeman and Andy Dalton made the argument for Tebow tonight almost better than he could himself. All with 200+ passing yards, Freeman and Dalton were way over 300, and the 5 of them threw 14 picks combined. Young QBs trying to play the established NFL way. If you don't have the accuracy - and many don't - you need to find a better way. All they've done tonight is consistently give up good field position - and they all lost their games.

You very rarely see Tebow give the opposition good field position. Even when he can't move the chains he gives the defense something to play with. He had great game management skills, just as important as having a cannon for an arm.

Having said that, and to paraphrase one famous commentary piece - Aaron Rodgers, you are ridiculous.

Archived