BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "Fans" Selling Tickets on Ebay

I sit in the family stand with my daughter. My neighbour asked to buy my ticket and I told him where to get off. But there are a couple of non-season ticket seats around us and I'll be bloody annoyed if there are Utd fans in there :angry2:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sit in the family stand with my daughter. My neighbour asked to buy my ticket and I told him where to get off. But there are a couple of non-season ticket seats around us and I'll be bloody annoyed if there are Utd fans in there :angry2:

Fully understandable. People who sell their season tickets to rival supporters could be putting other people at risk - if trouble erupts. Such people do not deserve season tickets. Each season my wife and I come up to Blackburn for christmas and take in a few matches. Often we have noticed away supporters in the Jack Walker stand. A sunderland match one year - there was sunderland supporters around us. When sunderland scored, one of their supporters jabbed a finger towards my face and said take that you fu---. Stewards saw it and took him out. But supporters like that spoil a good day out for a lot of people.

My view on this is perhaps a little different to everyone else. I went to the Man City game - where they won promotion, with my father, and we were offered £200 for our tickets, of course we rejected, but afterwards regretted that decision. After the season of misery that we have been through, can you really blame any Blackburn fan who sells their ticket, which would probably cover the cost of their season ticket?

Also, the point about the safety of the crowd... I find it a little repulsive that we still have this throwback to 80s hooliganism lurking; Why is it only football that feels the need to segregate crowds, are we all so pathetic that we would start attacking each other about a game (albeit a game more important than life or death!). If there is a Utd fan in your area, just remember that if you were in his place, you'd do precisely the same thing.

My view on this is perhaps a little different to everyone else. I went to the Man City game - where they won promotion, with my father, and we were offered £200 for our tickets, of course we rejected, but afterwards regretted that decision. After the season of misery that we have been through, can you really blame any Blackburn fan who sells their ticket, which would probably cover the cost of their season ticket?

Also, the point about the safety of the crowd... I find it a little repulsive that we still have this throwback to 80s hooliganism lurking; Why is it only football that feels the need to segregate crowds, are we all so pathetic that we would start attacking each other about a game (albeit a game more important than life or death!). If there is a Utd fan in your area, just remember that if you were in his place, you'd do precisely the same thing.

Exactly, at Anfield in 1995, I was supplied tickets, amongst the Liverpool supporters, by a Liverpool colleague at face value and there wasn't a hint of trouble. Granted, they wanted us to deny Manure the title but we all had some great craic and it was how things should be.

What have results got to do with it?? its still a big, key game for us!!

As for regretting not selling to City? Why? Because thousands had and you hadnt realised? :blink:

As for why cant fans sit together....hardly rocket science is it!!

Too right I can blame them, this is a massive game for BLACKBURN ROVERS, it is not comparable at all to Man City. If you are going to sell out the club before a game like this, then shame on you.

Plenty of hypocrisy here, not sure what all the shrieking is about. Loads of you have bought tickets for your away fan mates in the Rovers ends and some of you are even admitting to doing the same as the Utd fans at Liverpool and Gillingham. How you can then get up on your high horse is beyond me…

At least all the seats will sell out; the friction might even create a bit of atmosphere for once.

Plenty of hypocrisy here, not sure what all the shrieking is about. Loads of you have bought tickets for your away fan mates in the Rovers ends and some of you are even admitting to doing the same as the Utd fans at Liverpool and Gillingham. How you can then get up on your high horse is beyond me…

At least all the seats will sell out; the friction might even create a bit of atmosphere for once.

Eh? There has been a fantastic atmosphere week in week out (considering the circumstances a good effort).

I can only speak for myself, if we were safely in mid-table I would be annoyed by seeing 'Mancs' everywhere, but you'd half expect it like 2000. However, do you not agree that this is a bit different Oscar? Considering we are fighting for our lives?

You can't really blame the Mancs for wanting to be at the match but you can blame the people who sell them the tickets. Strangely enough, although the resale of tickets is supposed to have been outlawed, it is only the seller of the ticket who commits a criminal offence - not the buyer. Under s166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 "it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match". The penalties for collaboration are being-

tarred and feathered;

run out of town on a rail; and

strung up from a lamppost

Guest roverite1991

Any Utd fan sat near me will be reported immediately to a steward, no other way about. As for people buying tickets (and having done so when we won the league) in oppo areas.......why? That's something I don't understand. I'd rather sit amongst my fellow fans any day. I'd rather pass on a game if my only choice was to sit with oppo fans. As much as I'd be disappointed, I'd rather not break the law.

Not having a go, it's just my viewpoint that laws like this are in place for a reason. Having said that the super-injunction fiasco is making lose a little faith in the law atmo. Re Imogen Thomas......gotta be Giggs hasn't it? (imo, for the benefit of admin).

It's hideous to be hearing all this talk about Rovers fans putting their tickets up for sale on Ebay and basically they are acting as touts, which in turn is a criminal offence.

Life bans are the only way to succeed here because supporters are giving into the money end of things and this is the only way to get something out of their season of a monetary value and increasing the chances of some serious disorder at the game!!

I was offered £1,000 for two tickets for the 2nd leg at home to Celtic. Was never tempted by this and politely declined their offer. Thanks but no thanks.

From the LET

Tickets which have appeared for sale on online auction website, eBay, have been fetching upwards of £120 for a pair.

A fan who was selling a pair of tickets on eBay for £60 each told the Lancashire Telegraph that he had put them up after realising that the game clashed with his holiday plans.

He claimed that he would not have sold them otherwise as he would have liked to have gone to the game himself.

I am sorry but the listing did not say "i am afraid I am on holiday or I would have liked to have gone to the game", it said "See United lift the trophy at Ewood park for a ridiculous price of £60 per ticket"

muppet.

Is it really illegal for home and away fans to sitting together? In regards to rugby, football not only needs to respect the refs, it also needs to look at how fans are able to sit together regardless of who they are following. When we (munster) played saints (northampton) before we managed to buy loads of their tickets and enjoy the match.

I think its a disgrace that fans of rovers would want to sell their tickets to the scum!

email I have just received from Rovers regarding the email I sent of fans details trying to sell their home end tickets to Utd fans

Just to keep you updated we have now stopped a number of tickets for Saturday, including those below, where we have had the conclusive evidence of the sale/attempted sale with no cash re-imbursement. The longer term dealings with these people will be addressed later.

Thanks for your vigilance in this matter.

Stuart Caley

I just hope all this hype surrounding the subject will encourage the stewards for once to stringently do their jobs. Having been moved from the Darwen End to that side of the Jack Walker Stand a few times for these big games its blatantly obvious that there are always hundreds of away fans sat there and the stewards totally ignore them and leave it up to home fans to tell them to sit down and shut up. If this is the case on Saturday then there will be hundreds of little flashpoints that could end up in home fans getting injured, the total ******* selling tickets to Man U fans have that on their conscience.

It's hideous to be hearing all this talk about Rovers fans putting their tickets up for sale on Ebay and basically they are acting as touts, which in turn is a criminal offence.

Life bans are the only way to succeed here because supporters are giving into the money end of things and this is the only way to get something out of their season of a monetary value and increasing the chances of some serious disorder at the game!!

I was offered £1,000 for two tickets for the 2nd leg at home to Celtic. Was never tempted by this and politely declined their offer. Thanks but no thanks.

I'm assuming that those advertising their season-tickets on the net don't care about the consequences because they don't intend to renew next season. Life-ban therefore means nothing.

I'm assuming that those advertising their season-tickets on the net don't care about the consequences because they don't intend to renew next season. Life-ban therefore means nothing.

Perhaps not next season, but what happens IF Venkys start to make big signings, and get a good manager in - they will soon want to come back, too late there already banned!! :rolleyes:

Perhaps not next season, but what happens IF Venkys start to make big signings, and get a good manager in - they will soon want to come back, too late there already banned!! :rolleyes:

Perhaps they are more realistic than you?

Perhaps they are more realistic than you?

Or perhaps everything in their life is dull & miserable, they live under a big, dark cloud and they always have a glass half empty with a noose to the side of their chair just incase.... :unsure:

Rubbish, it's not the same thing at all, if you go to a game and actually sit with a friend who supports another team then no-one can really object to that.

If you buy tickets for away supporting friends in a home end and don't sit with them then they pays their money and takes their chance. Things might go well off without incident but frankly they can have no complaints if they either get chucked out after five minutes or snotted or both.

If you sell your tickets to complete strangers who are away fans then that goes completely beyond the pale. Plus, besides acting illegally and technically as a tout, you're attempting to profit from the sordid transaction!.!

:angry2:

Archived