BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wrestling Entertainment - we know, you don't have to tell us!

• Backroom

Tis indeed Johnny Ace haha. You'll not be surprised to know I'm sad enough to frequent wrestlingforum too (where I found the gif).

Used to go on there but the memberbase was too annoying, is that pyro guy still around?

The only other forum I discuss wrestling on is neogaf which is manly a gaming forum

• Backroom

Used to go on there but the memberbase was too annoying, is that pyro guy still around?

The only other forum I discuss wrestling on is neogaf which is manly a gaming forum

He now goes under the name 'Tyrion Lannister' and thinks that Punk vs Taker undermines Punk.

Imo, anyone who Taker trusts to carry their match is put over the frigging moon! I suspect another MOTN incoming.

He also thinks Rock is 'past-it' (cliched promos maybe, but still enjoyable and very good in-ring).

• Backroom

Which is pretty much why he did the smart thing and quit rather than get repeatedly humiliated by superior opponents.

That and his health (I believe he has gut issues?)

Tbf, it's to WWE's benefit, but they don't seem to know how to capitalise on angles any more. If they started taking more of a 'soap' approach, it'd help. Plan for WM30 now. Plan a succession of storylines to build up to next years climax. Even the intricacies (and just change if there's a need for it, such as injury etc).

An example of thise is pushing Ryback to the moon because he was getting chants. If they'd kept him at a midcard level (push for the US or IC title) it could have added a ton of credibility to that area of the card. Now he has very little momentum or direction and just constitutes 'filler'.

A mate of mine is trying to coerce me to prolong my stay in Blackburn next weekend so that I can watch WM at his.

Probably seen about five events in the past 7 or 8 years so I've no idea what's going on at the moment, but I'm reasonably familiar with the names (half of them seem to be guys who were slumming it in the Indies/Japan back when I was a tape trader).

Is the general consensus that it's going to be a decent event?

• Backroom

A mate of mine is trying to coerce me to prolong my stay in Blackburn next weekend so that I can watch WM at his.

Probably seen about five events in the past 7 or 8 years so I've no idea what's going on at the moment, but I'm reasonably familiar with the names (half of them seem to be guys who were slumming it in the Indies/Japan back when I was a tape trader).

Is the general consensus that it's going to be a decent event?

The individual matches look very good imo. But the only matches with any real storyline are Rock vs Cena (WWE Title), CM Punk vs Taker and Brock vs HHH.

The rest seem a bit mashed together, which WWE are being (rightly) criticised for. It stops it being a 'WHOA, IT'S WRESTLEMANIA' kind of card to me and more like a Summerslam or Survivor Series kind of card; a good card but not as good as it should be. Here's my take on it and what I expect (although the 'go-home' Raw and Smackdown shows may change my mind:

Rock vs Cena - WWE Title. Rock knows he can beat Cena, but Cena needs redemption. After the promo between both, I THINK a Cena heel turn may be on the cards if he loses. I suspect a Rock win again.

Punk v Taker - BestInTheWorld vs BestAtWM. Was looking crap but Paul Bearer's unfortunate death has turned the feud on it's head with Punk stealing the urn. I expect a Taker win and a tribute to PB by Taker and Kane.

Brock vs HHH (No Holds Barred) - if HHH loses, his career ends. Hard to call tbh. They need to make Brock look strong with a win (rumour has it he'll face Rock at WM30), but is HHH really ready to retire? Can't call.

Alberto DelRio (w/ Ricardo Rodriguez) vs Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter) - World Heavyweight Title. I expect a good technical match with a victory for Swagger in a new attempt to get the guy over. I hope the 'Anti-foreigner' gimmick will move on to Wade Barrett or Sheamus.

The Shield (Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose) vs Randy Orton, Sheamus and BigShow. The Shield have been wreaking havoc in WWE beating up any face in their path. They have beaten various trios at Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber, but finally seem intimidated by the presence of BigShow. I expect a Shield win.

TeamHellNo (Kane and Daniel Bryan) vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston - TagTeamTitles. A good match in the making imo. 3 VERY good wrestlers in one ring (unsure on Langston). I expect this to become an 'AllTitles' match, with Kaitlyn joining HellNo and AJ joining RhodesScholars. Zig/Lang to win (with Kaitlyn and CodyRhodes becoming an item sometime after Mania).

Wade Barrett vs The Miz - Intercontinental Title. Meh. Hoping for a local boy, Barrett win. But expect a Miz victory.

Chris Jericho vs Fandango. No idea why. Only connection is DancingWithTheStars. I expect it's just a case of pairing the two so Jericho can let the world see what Fandango can do in the ring. Possible Fandango win? Dunno.

Mark Henry vs Ryback. No idea where it's come from or why it's on, but it is. Won't call.

Edited by darrenermike

• Backroom

Brock HHH is the main event even if it doesn't main event it's the one we will get video packages of for weeks afterwards

I expect Brodus clay and tensai with the funkettes vs Rhodes scholars and the bellas will be added at some stage maybe shoe horning Kaitlyn in somewhere

Ill be gutted when they put Ryback over Henry, for me Henry should be in a title match, legit monster. One good thing is the set is likely to include a New York skyline and they better have Henry and ryback fight through it like a Godzilla movie.

• Backroom

Agreed on Henry, Tom.

The ME is undoubtedly Rock vs Cena for me. It's essentially WMX8's Rock vs Hogan with the WWE Title added. The match I'm most keen to see the fallout from (as I say I suspect a heel turn with Johnny Ace ending up leader of the Shield, teaming with Cena.

Ace comes out (or 'Mr. John Laurinitis, the exectutive vice president for talent relations and the former interim general manager of Monday Night Raw') and hangs around ringside during the match, with Rock and Cena both confused, but they carry on. Cena is down and out and Ace is gesticulating for someone to come to the ring. The Shield enter and beat the rock to a pulp with chairs and the title. Cena crawls in bemused and pins Rock 1-2-3.

Afterwards, Shield re-enter and stare him down.......before handshakes all round. And the biggest heel-turn since Austin at WMX7 is complete.

• Backroom

IMO it's a pretty weak WrestleMania this year. It'll only be saved if Cena turns heel at the end. If he wins clean and doesn't turn it'll be the crappiest end to a WrestleMania... possibly ever.

Also, X-Pac tore his anus open at the weekend doing a bronco buster :lol:

Edited by DE.

IMO it's a pretty weak WrestleMania this year. It'll only be saved if Cena turns heel at the end. If he wins clean and doesn't turn it'll be the crappiest end to a WrestleMania... possibly ever.

Christ, that's a terrifying sentence. I imagine Chyna initially tore it for him years ago.

• Backroom

I reckon that's one of the funniest things I've ever read :D

Agreed on Mania, it looks weak by usual standards. But I still think the matches can save the event despite little build. Cena has NEVER had a better chance to turn heel; certainly talked like a heel for 8 full minutes in his promo with Rock on Monday Night.