BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wrestling Entertainment - we know, you don't have to tell us!

On 23/10/2018 at 17:39, DE. said:

Roman Reigns diagnosed with leukemia for the second time, having first had it when he was 22. He's now 33. Really sad stuff. In the modern era it's the equivalent of the Rock or Stone Cold announcing this back in the Attitude Era. Roman is the guy as far as WWE are concerned and who they've essentially built the entire company around. It was surreal to watch last night - he came out to the usual boos, but as soon as he announced he had leukemia the crowd went completely silent. Hopefully he can get past this and get himself back in the ring again.  

Shocking alright. What I found annoying was some idiot fans responded completely inappropriately. One idiot shouted "you still suck" after he said he had leukemia. Then some cheering when he said he was leaving. Are they so thick they can't actually tell what is a shoot and what is a work when it comes to cancer? 

There has been a great show of support by professional wrestlers. I read he could be out for 3 years. Hopefully that is all. Knowing WWE they will probably do something ridiculous like turn him heel when he comes back 

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Shocking alright. What I found annoying was some idiot fans responded completely inappropriately. One idiot shouted "you still suck" after he said he had leukemia. Then some cheering when he said he was leaving. Are they so thick they can't actually tell what is a shoot and what is a work when it comes to cancer? 

There has been a great show of support by professional wrestlers. I read he could be out for 3 years. Hopefully that is all. Knowing WWE they will probably do something ridiculous like turn him heel when he comes back 

Considering it's a relapse there's sadly a pretty strong chance he may not come back at all, whether that be through being physically unable or because he's dead. Obviously goes without saying that having cancer twice by the time you're 33 is not a good sign. If he comes back then he'll be a face forevermore, I can't see him getting seriously booed ever again. I don't think even WWE would be stupid enough to try turning him heel at that point.

As for the crowd, yeah, some people are just beyond help. It's the same people who can't help themselves during minute's silences. You just know that in real life they'd be absolutely unbearable to have to deal with. 

Oh, also, WWE have just announced they're going to Saudi Arabia whether people like it or not. Justification being "other companies are doing it" and "it's a lot of money". So, yeah, at least they're being honest I guess. Considering they perform practically every week in a country which regularly sees human rights abuses and has a dictator in all but name as President it shouldn't be that big of a deal really. 

Just now, DE. said:

Considering it's a relapse there's sadly a pretty strong chance he may not come back at all, whether that be through being physically unable or because he's dead. Obviously goes without saying that having cancer twice by the time you're 33 is not a good sign. If he comes back then he'll be a face forevermore, I can't see him getting seriously booed ever again. I don't think even WWE would be stupid enough to try turning him heel at that point.

As for the crowd, yeah, some people are just beyond help. It's the same people who can't help themselves during minute's silences. You just know that in real life they'd be absolutely unbearable to have to deal with. 

Oh, also, WWE have just announced they're going to Saudi Arabia whether people like it or not. Justification being "other companies are doing it" and "it's a lot of money". So, yeah, at least they're being honest I guess. Considering they perform practically every week in a country which regularly sees human rights abuses and has a dictator in all but name as President it shouldn't be that big of a deal really. 

Ya, when I said he would be heel I was kind of doing so tongue in cheek. I hope he comes back and fans cut him some slack. As you say though, will be a tough road. 

Morons. Need a firm clip around the head. 

Is that whats happening? They removed mentions of it from TV and from online, they must have been weighing it up. I am not surprised really. Money is now more important than doing the right thing. They should have nipped it in the bud straight away when they said women wouldn't be allowed wrestle. That was worth taking a stand on. Shur aren't the yanks selling billions worth of weapons to them, the way the WWE look at it, why should we miss out. When it comes to big business, I would be more surprised if they did the right thing to be honest. 

• Backroom

They just released their Q3 earnings report and basically said "yeah, we're going because dem billions of dollars". 

I get the feeling they haven't been reconsidering at all. The lack of mentions of Saudi Arabia have just been to try and fly under the radar. They live in their own world and morality or ethics rarely come into it unless they can make some money off pretending to be decent human beings.

Funny thing is that apparently they'll only be making £2-3 million out of this show, which isn't that much when you consider the PR nightmare that's happening now and will continue afterwards. Even John Cena is apparently refusing to go, and in the past he's been their most loyal soldier. Has his Hollywood and children's author careers to worry about now though, and going to Saudi Arabia in the current climate is not a good look. 

23 minutes ago, DE. said:

They just released their Q3 earnings report and basically said "yeah, we're going because dem billions of dollars". 

I get the feeling they haven't been reconsidering at all. The lack of mentions of Saudi Arabia have just been to try and fly under the radar. They live in their own world and morality or ethics rarely come into it unless they can make some money off pretending to be decent human beings.

Funny thing is that apparently they'll only be making £2-3 million out of this show, which isn't that much when you consider the PR nightmare that's happening now and will continue afterwards. Even John Cena is apparently refusing to go, and in the past he's been their most loyal soldier. Has his Hollywood and children's author careers to worry about now though, and going to Saudi Arabia in the current climate is not a good look. 

No ,not good at all, but when you have the president of the country saying "well, it's bad what they did, but we do loads of business with them" It's clear that money is the bottom line. Apparently making more money takes precedent over doing the right thing by a murdered and dismembered human being. 

• 1 month later...

WRESTLING legend Thomas Billington, known as "The Dynamite Kid", has passed away on his 60th birthday.

The exact cause of death remains unknown but the Lancashire-born icon had been battling a number of health issues for years.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7903580/dynamite-kid-dead-tommy-billington-british-bulldog/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamite_Kid

Edited by Audax

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Backroom

I can remember seeing Silver King on Nitro back in the 90s - Juventud Guerrera too. The video of him collapsing is strange. The guy is literally laying there for minutes before somebody finally comes out to help. 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

WCW on TNT Friday nights was my favourite time in wrestling 

Me too, from 1996 - 1998 I loved watching Nitro on Friday nights. Then we switched to Sky Digital around September 1998 and lost TNT :( my grandparents were still on analogue Sky though, so they'd tape it for me every Friday :lol: I asked them to stop around mid-99 as I lost interest in WCW, it was pretty bad by that point. It was all about WWF by then. It was so huge back then, even my parents would watch Raw on Fridays and Smackdown on Saturdays. They'd order the UK PPV's on Sky Box Office as well, so that was great for me! WCW eventually came back on Bravo, I think, but I didn't bother watching it by that point. 

Anyway, it's really cool to see TNT back in the game with AEW. The industry desperately needs some real competition for WWE, which is dire nowadays, so fingers crossed AEW is successful. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
On 15/05/2019 at 20:54, Mike E said:

AEW’s Double or Nothing PPV available on ITV Box Office

It’s a long road yet for AEW, but I thought they nailed it last night. Great matches, great surprises, and a smidge of nostalgia. Great stuff!

22 hours ago, Mike E said:

It’s a long road yet for AEW, but I thought they nailed it last night. Great matches, great surprises, and a smidge of nostalgia. Great stuff!

I think the nostalgia and also the silliness is key. The good old days of wrestling were whacky and silly. All too serious now in the WWE 

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 hours ago, DE. said:

AEW will apparently be airing weekly on ITV4 over here, which should instantly give them a much bigger viewership than WWE, who are moving to BT Sport.

A better product (for now) on free TV! WWE better pull their finger out.

AEW seemingly going down the route of ‘what was good for fans’ from 20 years ago, be it TV timings, PPVs, treating all levels of the card as if they were Main Event, and the variety that initially propelled WCW past WWF in the wars.

• Backroom

AEW have a lot of smart people on board, much more plugged into the mainstream audience, and a billionaire behind their product. This is undoubtedly the biggest challenge to WWE since WCW folded in 2001. 

I find WWE's behaviour towards them a little bizarre though. TNA took countless shots at WWE for years and they never got a single mention on WWE TV until they were no longer a threat and WWE played ball with them to get footage for AJ Styles, the Hardyz, etc. AEW meanwhile has literally just had their first PPV and WWE have already mentioned them at the Hall of Fame (Triple H shout out) and now on Raw with Sami Zayn outright name calling AEW. 

Either these guys have really got under Vince's skin, or he's pushing for a new war because he knows competition could lead to the next boom period in the industry. All I can say is it's about time, this has been needed for a very long time. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

If you get a chance to listen to the Talk is Jericho podcast, the episode titled ‘The Emancipation of Jon Moxley’ is well worth a listen!

A proper shoot interview where Jon tears down the WWE creative system, confirming everything we’ve known about it since it tried to christen Steve Austin as ‘Chilly McFreeze’.

• Backroom

Moxley's description of WWE creative is both horrifying and hilarious in equal measure. No wonder so many people at that company are miserable and wanting out. Fair to say we won't be seeing Dean Ambrose back in WWE any time soon, that was some expert bridge burning! 

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, DE. said:

Moxley's description of WWE creative is both horrifying and hilarious in equal measure. No wonder so many people at that company are miserable and wanting out. Fair to say we won't be seeing Dean Ambrose back in WWE any time soon, that was some expert bridge burning! 

He can afford it imo. WWE need him far more than he needs them, thanks to the Shield being one of the best-loved Stables in mainstream wrestling.

#SierraHotelIndigoEchoLimaDelta

• Like 1