BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wrestling Entertainment - we know, you don't have to tell us!

Biting the bullet for WM37! Finally going to head over to the US and soak up a Wrestlemania. Always wanted to see LA and as soon as it was announced I though, yes 100%. 

Has anybody been to LA before? Tips/tricks/things to do?

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Biting the bullet for WM37! Finally going to head over to the US and soak up a Wrestlemania. Always wanted to see LA and as soon as it was announced I though, yes 100%. 

Awesome, make sure you've got plenty of pictures for us when you come back!

I went to LA 7 years ago, really enjoyed it. Would have definitely been back if it wasn't so expensive to get there. How long are you there for? 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I went in 2008, so a fair old while ago! 
Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach (during the day, absolutely not at night!) 

Hollywood is decent, though again, can be a bit ropey at night. 

(Disclaimer- 2020 LA may be different to the 2008 LA I experienced!!)

• Backroom

Venice Beach was dodgy enough during the day, can't imagine what it's like at night. The Transformers ride at Universal Hollywood might have been my favourite part of the whole holiday tbh, although I'm guessing it isn't there anymore.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Awesome, make sure you've got plenty of pictures for us when you come back!

I went to LA 7 years ago, really enjoyed it. Would have definitely been back if it wasn't so expensive to get there. How long are you there for? 

Going for 6 nights. Thursday 25th to Wednesday 31st. Doing NXT, Mania and Raw. Skipping the HoF and Smackdown as I'm taking my girlfriend who wants to go do a bunch of non wrestling stuff too.

Aiming for quality over quantity (Level 100 for Mania) and leaving SD on the Friday night.

58 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach (during the day, absolutely not at night!) 

Hollywood is decent, though again, can be a bit ropey at night. 

Hoping that it might feel a little safer everywhere round the city with there being so many wrestling geeks around. Heard very positive things about the camaraderie of it all online.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Going for 6 nights. Thursday 25th to Wednesday 31st. Doing NXT, Mania and Raw. Skipping the HoF and Smackdown as I'm taking my girlfriend who wants to go do a bunch of non wrestling stuff too.

Aiming for quality over quantity (Level 100 for Mania) and leaving SD on the Friday night.

The fact she's willing to go on a wrestling-based holiday at all makes her a keeper. There's so much to do that honestly you shouldn't have any trouble filling your schedule for six days, especially when you've got a bunch of wrestling events included as part of it anyway!

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, DE. said:

Venice Beach was dodgy enough during the day, can't imagine what it's like at night. The Transformers ride at Universal Hollywood might have been my favourite part of the whole holiday tbh, although I'm guessing it isn't there anymore.

It seemed alright enough during the day, tbh. There were plenty of people around, in any event!

• Backroom
Just now, K-Hod said:

It seemed alright enough during the day, tbh. There were plenty of people around, in any event!

Maybe we just went at a bad time, but we were coerced into buying some rap albums on burned CD-R's, offered weed at least half a dozen times, attacked by a dog (fortunately small) and nearly dragged into performing some strange improv show on the beachfront as well as read some poetry by somebody I had never heard of. I was exhausted by the time we left.

30 minutes ago, DE. said:

The fact she's willing to go on a wrestling-based holiday at all makes her a keeper. 

Rovers Season Ticket Holder as well. She says she started coming because she quite liked the look of Bradley Dack, but now I think she's just as obsessed with the results as I am.

It's a dream because date night is usually the M6 down to West Brom away, half the cost!! ;) 

On 18/02/2020 at 13:07, DE. said:

Maybe we just went at a bad time, but we were coerced into buying some rap albums on burned CD-R's, offered weed at least half a dozen times, attacked by a dog (fortunately small) and nearly dragged into performing some strange improv show on the beachfront as well as read some poetry by somebody I had never heard of. I was exhausted by the time we left.

Nearly bought weed ? Read poetry ? Very traumatic 

• Backroom
Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

Nearly bought weed ? Read poetry ? Very traumatic 

If you'd seen the kind of people offering it to us I think you'd understand (goes for both the weed and poetry tbh).

Definitely a memorable experience.

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

If you'd seen the kind of people offering it to us I think you'd understand (goes for both the weed and poetry tbh).

Definitely a memorable experience.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek . While I love the east coast of America and have been many times California did not agree with me , you are correct there’s always someone on your case . At least it’s not Vegas 

• Backroom
Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

I was being a bit tongue in cheek . While I love the east coast of America and have been many times California did not agree with me , you are correct there’s always someone on your case . At least it’s not Vegas 

Egypt was a lot worse in all honesty. The people in America seemed mostly harmless if a bit out there, whereas some of the Egyptians could get quite scary if you tried to brush them off. Lovely people in general though!

16 hours ago, DE. said:

I must have missed something as I have no idea where Powerrr is this week. Not sure I'll bother watching Circle Squared, unless it's worth checking out?

It was less than 30 minutes. Tag team match, both got promos and then straight into it. They had , I suppose, wrestling youtubers critiquing the promos and match. The only one I recognized was Brian Zane. To be honest, it wasn't great. Too short for a start. 

13 hours ago, DE. said:

Egypt was a lot worse in all honesty. The people in America seemed mostly harmless if a bit out there, whereas some of the Egyptians could get quite scary if you tried to brush them off. Lovely people in general though!

Rome was the worst I have been in. Literally mugging you to buy tat off them. One guy offered to sell me a hat I foolishly looked at on his stall, started at €12, €10,€8 ...€6....€4... next thing he is chasing me down the street aggressively offering it to me for €2. I was practically running away. 

Just as a bit of fun...

Come up with your fantasy Super Card.

Here are the rules:

10 matches, this must include:

1 x World Title match,

1 x Tag Title match

2 other title matches of your choice

1 Women’s match

1 triple threat match

2 Stipulation/Gimmick matches

One match can tick more than one box, for example, Eddie Guerrero v Daniel Bryan for the US title in an iron man match would be a stipulation and a title.

You can pick anyone, from any era. Living, deceased, active, retired, whatever. 

The only other stipulation is you have to pick matches that have never been done before. Or at least not in the characters you choose.

Some of these have been done but never in the same way, struggling to do 10 because so many matches have been played out before. You'll also have to make way for my age and appreciate it's harder for me to include older wrestlers that I never saw or got captivated by. 

Match 1:
ECW Title:
Tommy Dreamer (C) vs Brock Lesnar (w Paul Heyman)

Match 2:
AJ Styles vs Shawn Michaels

Match 3:
Tag Titles:
The Brothers of Destruction vs The Hardy Boyz (C)

Match 3:
IC Title:
Daniel Bryan vs Bret Hart (c)

Match 4:
Last Man Standing:
Mark Henry vs Keith Lee

Match 5:
Mixed Tag Team:
Beth Phoenix & Edge vs Charlotte Flair & Ric Flair

Match 6:
Triple Threat
The Rock vs Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns

Match 7:
Steel Cage:
Triple H vs CM Punk

Match 8:
WWE World Title
'Stone Cold' Steve Austin (c) vs Chris Jericho

• Backroom

Match 1 (European Title): Zack Sabre Jr vs Will Osprey vs Richochet.

Match 2 (Elimination Tag): 4 Horsewomen of WWE (Flair, Banks, Lynch, Bayley) vs 4 Horsewomen of MMA (Rousey, Bazsler, Shafir, Duke).

Match 3 (US title Ladder Match): Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio vs Angel Garza vs Andrade.

Match 4 (Tag Title TLC): Dudleyz vs Hardyz vs E&C vs Lucha Bros.

Match 5 (Dark Souls match, HIAC): Undertaker vs Sting vs Mankind vs Fiend

Match 6 (Big Beefy Boy match): Strowman vs Keith Lee vs Lesnar

Match 7 (Intercontinental title, Submission Elimination): Benoit vs Bret Hart vs Angle vs Jericho.

Match 8 (Exhibition match): Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat vs Daniel Bryan.

Match 9 (WWE Title): The Rock vs Stone Cold vs John Cena

There are too many and too few all at once! Not even sure I'm happy with that card.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

Match 1 (US title Fatal 4 way) AJ Styles v Scott Steiner(C)V Richochet v Keith Lee 

Match 2 (No 1 contenders Ladders match) Hardy Boys V Edge and Christian V Dudley boys V Lucha bros 

Match 3 (Falls count anywhere) Brock Lesnar V Mike Awesome V Bobby Lashley V Batista 

Match 4 (Intercontinental title Triple threat) Shawn Michaels (C) V Eddie Guerrero V Daniel Bryan

Match 5 (Tag team titles) Legion of Doom V Harlem heat (C) 

Match 6 (Womens title steel cage match) Becky Lynch V Chyna (C) V Ronda Rousey

Match 7 (Buried alive match) Undertaker and Kane V John Cena and Randy Orton

Match 8 (WWE title last man standing match) Ric Flair V The Rock V Hollywood Hogan (C)

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1