BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning guys. I've read for a long time but rarely posted. It seems to me that we are letting those around us steal a march on the transfer market. Midfield seems to be the general place where we need some builkding and i fail to see why we are not trying to tie up some of the free agents around at the mo. Players like Reo Coker and even Lee Bowyer would be a vast improvement on what we currently have. Tell me who you would prefer to come on to replace N'zonzi.... Keith or Bowyer. Bowyer would not only add tenacity but he can cetainly pass it better than keith.

Morning guys. I've read for a long time but rarely posted. It seems to me that we are letting those around us steal a march on the transfer market. Midfield seems to be the general place where we need some builkding and i fail to see why we are not trying to tie up some of the free agents around at the mo. Players like Reo Coker and even Lee Bowyer would be a vast improvement on what we currently have. Tell me who you would prefer to come on to replace N'zonzi.... Keith or Bowyer. Bowyer would not only add tenacity but he can cetainly pass it better than keith.

Stealing a march? The window hasn't started yet, but if you are talking about free agents, specifically as bench players then there's not much we can do until we discover how our budget will be affected by any permanent signings we make.

I don't think Bowyer will sit on the bench.

I appreciate the window hasn't started yet but surely free agents can talk to anyone. Bowyer will probably only have the choice of sitting on a bench like ours or drop a league. I am sure the tempter of Premier football would be enough for him. Granted we would probably want to offload keith and grella to make room.

All i read is negativity, negativity, negativity and to be quite honest i'm sick of it! Would it not be easier to actually get behind the team and support them? There are a number of supporters on this message board that seem to like making Venky's look like idiots! Ok, some of their decisions have been baffling at times, but to say they didn't know what they were getting into before they bought the club is stupid. You would not spend £23 million on a football club if you knew nothing about it! You may aswell just transfer that £23 million into my bank account.They would not waste that kind of money. I believe we will have a good summer, and i guarantee we will not be in the same position we were in last season, with the likes of; Jones,Ollson,Hoillet,Rochina all pushing on last season, we will have a very youthful looking side, add abit of experience in the transfer window, and i actually believe we could get top 8.

I log on here everyday, and i just read the same bullshit constantly about how Venkys are only giving us 5 million and how they are going to destroy us. Blackburn Rovers gets destroyed so does the brand name Venkys. People need to start using their head. Lets wait till the end of summer and see what Venkys have done before we start judging.

Up the Rovers!!!! :)

I don't want anyone to come on and replace N'Zonzi--what do you mean?

All i read is negativity, negativity, negativity and to be quite honest i'm sick of it! Would it not be easier to actually get behind the team and support them? There are a number of supporters on this message board that seem to like making Venky's look like idiots! Ok, some of their decisions have been baffling at times, but to say they didn't know what they were getting into before they bought the club is stupid. You would not spend £23 million on a football club if you knew nothing about it! You may aswell just transfer that £23 million into my bank account.They would not waste that kind of money. I believe we will have a good summer, and i guarantee we will not be in the same position we were in last season, with the likes of; Jones,Ollson,Hoillet,Rochina all pushing on last season, we will have a very youthful looking side, add abit of experience in the transfer window, and i actually believe we could get top 8.

I log on here everyday, and i just read the same bullshit constantly about how Venkys are only giving us 5 million and how they are going to destroy us. Blackburn Rovers gets destroyed so does the brand name Venkys. People need to start using their head. Lets wait till the end of summer and see what Venkys have done before we start judging.

Up the Rovers!!!! :)

A very good point but as many posters on this board know, it doesn't work like that. If Venkys do not spend in the summer there will be a week of anger from the majority of the board and then a few days later there will be a large amount of posters saying "Why be so negative, judge them after January."

Anyway, for now I agree with you, Venkys themselves said they wanted to be judged after a year so this is their big chance to change my mind...

In regards to being negative, their decisions almost got us relegated. 95% of our income is Premier League based income. Practically 100% of our income is our wage bill, relegation would have been the end of this club and tajken us back to a pre-Walker era, so you'll excuse me if I stay cautious (what you see as negative) until they prove to me that I can trust in their dedication to the club.

A very good point but as many posters on this board know, it doesn't work like that. If Venkys do not spend in the summer there will be a week of anger from the majority of the board and then a few days later there will be a large amount of posters saying "Why be so negative, judge them after January."

Anyway, for now I agree with you, Venkys themselves said they wanted to be judged after a year so this is their big chance to change my mind...

In regards to being negative, their decisions almost got us relegated. 95% of our income is Premier League based income. Practically 100% of our income is our wage bill, relegation would have been the end of this club and tajken us back to a pre-Walker era, so you'll excuse me if I stay cautious (what you see as negative) until they prove to me that I can trust in their dedication to the club.

Yep, cannot argue with that. The clock is ticking for venkys to win the supporters over. They asked for a year to prove themselves - well we are waiting to see what they do or not do. They have to go some to convince me. This transfer window is very important for this club.

The negativity unfortunately has been created by both Venkys and Kean, it is reported that Kean spoke about a transfer budget of £5,000,000 plus the proceeds of sales.

Now, without getting too carried away here, we know we will almost certainly lose Samba, a possibility of Jones too, but assume we just lose Samba, a transfer kitty I would assume around £15,000,000.

Well, firstly, how much do you think it will cost to replace Samba? Secondly, how will any transfer targets view Keans idea of signing Benjani, MB Diouff and Santa Cruz? will targets be looking at an inexperienced manager, owners who are viewed in the football world as not the best by a country mile and a team which only just survived relegationlast season.

So the difficulty in signing the right players is made doubly more difficult by the above facts, I can assure you that players will view things in that light and more importantly, how will some of the current players view those kind of signings?

One phone call to an agent is all it would need for someone like Junior or Phil Jones to move on if they werent happy with the direction the club were moving, remember, Kean spoke of a 'Healthy Transfer Budget' and both Kean and Venkeys were quick to stress to the players of significant funds and investment when they gave them improved contracts in January.

So consider these points when you are looking at new signings, a top striker would take more than £10,000,000 and a midfielder at least £5,000,000 so we then have to replace big Chris!!!

On this front there has to be some interest in getting O'Hara? I know Wolves will be in the driving seat but he would be a superb addition to the midfield.

Would agree 100%, he is just the kind of player we need and within our budget too.

An interesting question is that I wonder if the players really believe, as a club, we are going places?

Players may like Kean and it may all be nice and dandy however is there a fierce desire from the manager/coaching staff to make us as good as we can be? I know the players met the owners recently and comments from Dunn/Roberts were that they were "nice". However is there a plan in place to make us competitve on the football side of things?

I would not just judge the above on finance too (i.e. purely on how much we spend).

An interesting question is that I wonder if the players really believe, as a club, we are going places?

"Is there a plan in place to make us competitve on the football side of things?"

Are you actually joking? Of course there is! If we are not competitve on the football pitch we will get relegated, which would result in a huge loss for Venkys financially and globally! I think they realise that if we do well, they will become a bigger company!

Some questions on brfcs.....ha

"I don't want anyone to come on and replace N'Zonzi--what do you mean?". I certainly didn't mean replace in the squad. I meant to use as a midfield backup. If we feel the first choice midfielders are below premier quality and need adding to then that leads me to suspect that most people feel that the backups are inadequate too. If we can get the likes of Bowyer on a free and probably not on huge wages ijust feel that he is a far better option that what we currently have aviailable. O'hara, Barton, Nolan to name but a few would be better quality but at what price and if the budget is as small as some are speculating then we need to aportion as much of it if not all towards a decnt goalscorer. it might not leave much to bolster the midield.

"Is there a plan in place to make us competitve on the football side of things?"

Are you actually joking? Of course there is! If we are not competitve on the football pitch we will get relegated, which would result in a huge loss for Venkys financially and globally! I think they realise that if we do well, they will become a bigger company!

Some questions on brfcs.....ha

I would be interested to know as to how you base those opinions, indeed, we almost got relegated and that occurred because of their inability to understand football and exactly what is required both financially and otherwise to be both competitive and successful.

The negativity unfortunately has been created by both Venkys and Kean, it is reported that Kean spoke about a transfer budget of £5,000,000 plus the proceeds of sales.

BUT he didnt....he said an EXTRA £5M, you dont know what the original budget was - thats what people need to remember.

He also said we will get ALL of any sales....so for me the key for Kean is start offering deadwood/ fringe players around - people like Grella, Andrews, Diouf, Givet (maybe?) and see what people are willing to offer.

We should also be looking at who is available on frees - Ba, Larsson, Bowyer, Reo-coker, Vaughan (Bpool)

Obviously, there was never any negatively under the trust.

What's the point of comparing Venky's to The Trust?

They had no interest in the club and wanted rid, Venky's very much have an interest but are they competent/willing to learn from their mistakes?

One thing I don't understand is that, in January, with all the marquee signing and rumours that we had a lot of money to spend, people worried that the players we wanted would cost a lot more just because of that.

Now, that no real value of the money available for transfer has been mentioned and we don't even imagine what might be the real amount of money available, people complain again. Maybe they just want to transmit the idea that there is not so much money available after all.

As for Samba, we will have to sell but for our price. £15 million at least. Otherwise, he will probably start playing bad and his price will lower anyway.

Hope we can make some money by selling Diouf, Andrews, Grella...

I base my opinion on the fact that they are not idiots! You lot treat them like they cant read or write. Why would you buy a football club and waste 23 million and much more if you didnt believe you could improve it. People go on about how Venkys didnt know what they were getting into? If i was spending 23 million i would make sure i knew everything about it. If you actually look at Venky's companies all have made profits year after year? They are obviously bussiness people WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

What's the point of comparing Venky's to The Trust?

They had no interest in the club and wanted rid, Venky's very much have an interest but are they competent/willing to learn from their mistakes?

We can and should compare.

For example, The trust signed a "very experienced" manager... Paul Ince. It's not like Venky's were the first to do it.

Archived