BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

I base my opinion on the fact that they are not idiots! You lot treat them like they cant read or write. Why would you buy a football club and waste 23 million and much more if you didnt believe you could improve it. People go on about how Venkys didnt know what they were getting into? If i was spending 23 million i would make sure i knew everything about it. If you actually look at Venky's companies all have made profits year after year? They are obviously bussiness people WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

I wish I had your confidence! As far as football is concerned everything does point to them being idiots.They clearly have spent 23M without knowing much about it at all.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can and should compare.

For example, The trust signed a "very experienced" manager... Paul Ince. It's not like Venky's were the first to do it.

How does this help? It not like the managerial appointment is their only mistake is it?

How does this help? It not like the managerial appointment is their only mistake is it?

True. But their mistakes are common to many other clubs.

I'm not saying they are perfect but even Alex Ferguson bought Bebé for 10 million €, a player that a few weeks before was bought for less that €500 000.

So, maybe we should put things in perspective instead of attacking them in all oportunities possible and, sometimes, without any reason. The transfer season is not open yet and everyone is getting hysterical already.

Sorry for going off topic.

BUT he didnt....he said an EXTRA £5M, you dont know what the original budget was - thats what people need to remember.

He also said we will get ALL of any sales....so for me the key for Kean is start offering deadwood/ fringe players around - people like Grella, Andrews, Diouf, Givet (maybe?) and see what people are willing to offer.

We should also be looking at who is available on frees - Ba, Larsson, Bowyer, Reo-coker, Vaughan (Bpool)

Hughesy have you got a link to where he said this?

Also if kean had said that then surely the LT would have done a article on this.

I agree that we need to get rid of Grella, Andrews, EHD, let Benjani leave and don't sign RSC or MD permanent.

I would also agree that we should be looking at the free transfer market cos there is some good free transfers out there like Ba, Vaughan, Larrson and Reo-coker. Plus there is nothing wrong with looking at this market.

We do NEED proven Goalscorer and hopefully J Jones permanent transfer.

we need to sign 5 or 6 players. left back, midfielder, 2 strikers, winger and right back.

i think that Givet and Kalinic will want to leave in the summer.

Obviously, there was never any negatively under the trust.

Big difference. The trust didn't suggest things like an 8th place finish, a cup and possible European contention.

If they are going to start shouting about how great things are going to be, expect people to be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Unusual article to suggest he'll replace Barton.

I do a quick search to see updated news:

Benjani to be offered contract

Vicente in talks

RVN on his way

How depressing.

Young and hungry .. Young and hungry. Thats what we need!

You need a blend. We have young and hungry. Whilst I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at more, experience matters too.

Benjani to be offered contract

How depressing.

I don't see a problem with this, he's a good back up player who is happy to sit on the bench and has shown that he can score goals. He's also not going to demand silly wages like Crocky who couldn't put the ball into an open net from 2 feet out.

Unusual article to suggest he'll replace Barton.

You need a blend. We have young and hungry. Whilst I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at more, experience matters too.

We have a blend.

Robinson, Samba, Salgado, JJones, Givet + all the deadwood.

The thing about Benjani signing a new contract isnt depressing. It was just added to emphasize what route we seem to be taking. I think Benjani is a better bet than RSC. He had a beatiful goal against the scousers :)

We have a blend.

Robinson, Samba, Salgado, JJones, Givet + all the deadwood.

3 of those might not be here next season and one has a handful of games to his name (though I do rate him highly). The fact that you didn't mention Nelsen shows what you know. Hopefully we will be shipping some of the current deadwood if possible, but if we did and simply took on youth I don't think that would be wise.

Also if they did sign some experienced players that doesn't necessarily mean they are automatically going to be deadwood. Give them a chance to prove themselves before adding to the negativity. Hell, wait until they are actually here before you start moaning.

The thing about Benjani signing a new contract isnt depressing. It was just added to emphasize what route we seem to be taking. I think Benjani is a better bet than RSC. He had a beatiful goal against the scousers :)

It's just added to emphasise the general mood that's polluting common sense.

He has stated a fact which is that EHD is no longer going to start matches as Olsson, Emerton and Junior are ahead of him, I would be annoyed too if EHD started in front of me and I was the three mentioned they deserve to be in front of him.

Afternoon all, I don't post often but I trawl through the messageboard on a daily basis, just thought id add my opinion.

I find it strange how Steve kean said we will have a transfer budget miles bigger than anything we've had before and then the week after sums started coming out saying we'll only have 5 million, just some food for thought is that could we maybe have a lot more than 5 million but by saying we've only got 5 million clubs wont start raising there prices for players thinking we've got 10 million plus?

Could Steve kean be trying to do a shrewd bit of transfer talk or is he telling truth or is he just inexperienced as we all think?

Let's just hope we get a striker in no matter what that can get us 15 goals next season, if we do I believe we'll get a top 8 finish, always the optimist :D

Archived