BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Gunners believed they had all but sealed a double deal for Jones and fellow Rovers defender Christopher Samba last week. But instead Jones flew to the South of France, where Ferguson was on holiday, and returned from meeting the Manchester United boss to tell Blackburn he wanted to go to Old Trafford.

Is Jones allowed to do that?

Unlike most I think Kean will achieve some decent business this summer and it wont include any of the loan signings contrary to what he says to the press, the deal for MBD would have been done with the Jones deal if had wanted him, JJ would have been great but I feel Shalke would extract the urine over the price, RSC, not a chance this will be done, does'nt take a rocket scientist to see how useless a signing he would be.

I agree about Kean, think he'll make some good moves in improving our team. Certainly ain't gonna come on here at the sight of every stupid tabloid report blasting the owners and the manager. I would prefer a more experienced boss, but I'm excited about this summer, despite losing Jones and probably Samba.

Replace:

Jones with Sturridge

Kalinic with Felipe Caicedo

Samba with one of three from Danns, Johnson, Collins or Onuoha, plus Jermaine Jones.

Spend regular kitty on Aurier + central midfielder

Enjoy a good season in the top 10 :rover:

How about you wait until its OFFICIALLY announced before ending your benefit of the doubt.

Way to many folk on here are sticking the boot in early on Kean and Venkys, relax and see what happens, I'm hoping we have a nice looking team heading into next season

RSC for 6.5m, someone is having a laugh. 1-2m maybe I would take him with reduced wages. Benjani,Kalinic,Rochina,Santa Cruz and a NEW striker would be a decent frontline. Spend most of our budget on the engine room for once which has been deprived for years.

I would also like to see Onuoha(sp)here if we dont manage to get the Aurier wonderkid.

Nice going Venkys gettin some clauses flung in for good measure, well worth it

A decent frontline in the championship?

6.5 million on Roque is just agent yap, they would be lucky to get 3 mill for him let alone his 90k a week, he will rot in the reserves and rightly so.

Steve kean will go about his business under the radar, how many people knew about the loan deal with Shalke for Jones? Ill tell you how many.....none and he was our best player.

Unlike most I think Kean will achieve some decent business this summer and it wont include any of the loan signings contrary to what he says to the press, the deal for MBD would have been done with the Jones deal if had wanted him, JJ would have been great but I feel Shalke would extract the urine over the price, RSC, not a chance this will be done, does'nt take a rocket scientist to see how useless a signing he would be.

Kean may be branded a doughnut by most on here but with signing of JJ in Jan which to me was 2 seasons overdue shows that he can actually see what the team needs and I have faith he will bring the quality we need.

We would be better off with an established Prem manager but we have what we have, how does a manager become an established Prem manager without being given the chance?

The 'he' in that sentence does not apply to Mr Kean...

A decent frontline in the championship?

The 'he' in that sentence does not apply to Mr Kean...

I presume you are referring to JA as HE. But according to Fergy, JA couldn't pick his nose!

What happens if Kean signs Defoe, who's supposedly a "proven" striker in the Premiership and Defoe ends up like Santa Cruz being unable to score any goals?

I personally think all this "proven" thing is overrated. Santa Cruz did "prove" himself in his first season here, and ended up a flop in his second. Who's to say all the strikers we want to buy will not end up as flops when they transfer to Blackburn?

Not arguing against you guys, just food for thought.

Santa Cruz is a fine addition in my opinion, but not at 6,5m obviously. 3 million pounds and I'd love the signing, he's still just 29 and will benefit from a full pre-season at Blackburn. Bring in a new man as the main striker, but I support the decision to go for Santa aswell.

there is the whole world, where could look for a striker. yet, the best we can come up with, is RSC?

oh well, if he does sign, I have a feeling he is going to prove everybody wrong, and score goals again.

id prefer we went for players like Matt Mills than unknown forigners, at least you dont have to worry about them having to adapt to a new lifstyle/culture ect..,and there easier to move on if they dont turn out to be prem quality

Can it be that you do not know other players than the english ? Come on did you know Samba before he came to Rovers for a bargain ? There are a lot of forigners out there who far better than UK players, we just have to find them !

there is the whole world, where could look for a striker. yet, the best we can come up with, is RSC?

oh well, if he does sign, I have a feeling he is going to prove everybody wrong, and score goals again.

He just scored for Paraguay against Romania. :D

Would like to see Roque and Defoe as our strikers.

let's hope so. We have got betweem 40 to 50 million, depend on sells. Let's hope we can sign Defoe. Alot with depend on whether we can attract him and whether we can give him the salary he wants. We could give him first team action tho and that's what he wants.

What happens if Kean signs Defoe, who's supposedly a "proven" striker in the Premiership and Defoe ends up like Santa Cruz being unable to score any goals?

I personally think all this "proven" thing is overrated. Santa Cruz did "prove" himself in his first season here, and ended up a flop in his second. Who's to say all the strikers we want to buy will not end up as flops when they transfer to Blackburn?

Not arguing against you guys, just food for thought.

Wrong. Santa Cruz didn't join Rovers as a proven PL striker. We gambled and with Mark Hughes' team kept him fit and on form. Big difference to buying someone like Defoe or Bent who have scored goals year after year.

Archived