BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rome

Band of Brothers

The Pacific

Sorpanos (except the gay mafioso season)

True Blood

Game of Thrones

South Park

Firefly

Buffy

Angel

Burn Notice

Justified

Boardwalk Empire

Deadwood

Oz

I did not list them in order, except for the first 2.

Buffy... really?

Yes, really. I love the dialogue. But I'm told the first step toward recovery is admitting a problem, so perhaps there is hope. :blush:

And you can add to the list Top Shot, Ice Road Truckers and anything on the Food Channel, the best place on TV. :tu:

Edited by Steve Moss

Yes, really. I love the dialogue. But I'm told the first step toward recovery is admitting a problem, so perhaps there is hope. :blush:

And you can add to the list Top Shot, Ice Road Truckers and anything on the Food Channel, the best place on TV. :tu:

No that's fine really, whatever makes you happy. You should really come the whole hog though and wear some cut of jean shorts, tie a knot in your Tshirt and insist on being called Biscuit.

No that's fine really, whatever makes you happy. You should really come the whole hog though and wear some cut of jean shorts, tie a knot in your Tshirt and insist on being called Biscuit.

I would have to raid your closet to pull it off, and I prefer to leave your wardrobe to you, Biscuit. ;)

• Moderation Lead

Peep show started well, but tailed off rather badly towards the final couple of series'.

I've seen snippets of Curb Your Enthusiasm, and I must say I did enjoy it a lot. I'm just working my way through 'Oz' at the moment, and I'm almost at the end of the 4th season, terrific thus far.

But once it's done, I've plenty to consider, cheers for these recommendations!

• 10 months later...

Seeing as the TV thread seems to have disappeared, I will post in this thread and the mods can move to the old thread if found?

How brilliant is Game of Thrones? last nights episode “Blackwater” was without doubt the single best piece of Television I have ever witnessed.

HBO have created some quite brilliant dramas in the past The Wire, Sopranos, Six feet under. Game of Thrones imo already surpasses all of aforementioned. I for one have not read the books, so cannot comment on how close the writers diverge from the original story, but the characters have so much depth, the acting is top notch and the sets are beyond belief and to top it all off most of the cast are British and filming takes place in N Ireland.

It truly is outstanding.

Seeing as the TV thread seems to have disappeared, I will post in this thread and the mods can move to the old thread if found?

How brilliant is Game of Thrones? last nights episode “Blackwater” was without doubt the single best piece of Television I have ever witnessed.

HBO have created some quite brilliant dramas in the past The Wire, Sopranos, Six feet under. Game of Thrones imo already surpasses all of aforementioned. I for one have not read the books, so cannot comment on how close the writers diverge from the original story, but the characters have so much depth, the acting is top notch and the sets are beyond belief and to top it all off most of the cast are British and filming takes place in N Ireland.

It truly is outstanding.

Couldn't agree more. Last night's episode was awesome - that good that I want to watch it again tonight! I've seen much worse films than that single episode, and the series as a whole is pretty much the best thing I've seen on TV.

My wife has read the first 3-and-a-half books, and while they offer much more depth and there are some extra flourishes to the story it generally follows closely.

• Backroom

I want to watch it along with the wire but I missed that on its tv run and have also misse GoT, neither will be coming to Netflix so I may have to stump up for it

It truly is outstanding.

This season has strayed quite far from A Clash of Kings. Sensibly so in some instances (they've certainly cut out a lot and had characters end up in the place it takes them half a book to end up in anyway) and irritatingly so in others (in the scenes in Harrenhal they've been referring to 'The Brotherhood' without actually explaining what it is - the band of soldiers led by Lord Beric Dondarrion and dispatched by Sean Bean in season one to bring in Ser Gregor Clegane)

A third season has been greenlit but that will only cover half a book.

Edited by Rovermatt

'Blackwater' almost made up for the eight episodes of mediocrity before it. I can understand changes to streamline the size of the novel and changes inflicted by the budget, but some of the gratuitous changes such as Robb's terrible love interest have been a real flaw of this season.

gratuitous changes such as Robb's terrible love interest have been a real flaw of this season.

I'm still unsure if she is indeed a hotter, more interesting version of Jeyne Westerling (her reluctance to go to The Crag might suggest this) or if she is indeed an entirely new character. In the latter case, I don't see the point.

Edited by Rovermatt