BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

True Blood is another really good programme that is not your typical recent gay vampire tv show or film.

I've just started watching Spartucus: Blood and Sand.....I really didn't like the CGI but my brother tells me it stops that after a few episodes.....has anyone seen it and do they recommend it?.....I've only seen the first episode and it didn't exactly grip me but it's been pretty highly recommended.

This topic has just reminded me of Breaking Bad so I checked when season 5 is out and it's out on Sunday in USA.....unbelievable.....it's probably my 2nd favourite tv show, behind South Park, just ahead of Boardwalk Empire....I'm gonna have to watch the last episodes of season 4 to get back up to scratch as it's felt like ages since I've seen any.

Edited by Salgado Is A Hero

Some of the series that I have watched and still watch over the years.

X Files

Sopranos

Deadwood

Dexter

Breaking Bad

Friday Night Lights

Entourage

Modern Family

Boardwalk Empire

Band Of Brothers

Californication

The News Room

Curb Your Enthusiasm

East Bound and Down

Treme

Lost

The Wire

The Walking Dead

Southland

The West Wing

ER

Life

Game Of Thrones

The Pacific

How To Make It In America

Mad Men

Angels In America

In Treatment

I never got round to watching the likes of House, Prison Break, Grey's Anatomy, The Shield or Fringe which people have assured me are all excellent.

Edited by RoyRover

You should definitely watch Arrested Development.

Word. My sister has all the box sets, but I just haven't gotten round to them yet. I've seen the odd episode and it's very quirky and funny. With all the shows I watch, it leaves very little time for anything else. I don't actually watch a lot of television. Just the news and sport and any good documentaries as I find TV on the whole to be dire. So I just download the shows I like and watch them instead.

True Blood is another really good programme that is not your typical recent gay vampire tv show or film.Equal with fnl

I've just started watching Spartucus: Blood and Sand.....I really didn't like the CGI but my brother tells me it stops that after a few episodes.....has anyone seen it and do they recommend it?.....I've only seen the first episode and it didn't exactly grip me but it's been pretty highly recommended.

This topic has just reminded me of Breaking Bad so I checked when season 5 is out and it's out on Sunday in USA.....unbelievable.....it's probably my 2nd favourite tv show, behind South Park, just ahead of Boardwalk Empire....I'm gonna have to watch the last episodes of season 4 to get back up to scratch as it's felt like ages since I've seen any.

Spartacus is best show on telly . Even after he died you get used to the new Spartacus and he pulls the role off.

Anyone watched The Newsroom or SInbad? Sky + them both.

Edited by ABBEY

Some of the series that I have watched and still watch over the years.

X Files

Sopranos

Deadwood

Dexter

Breaking Bad

Friday Night Lights

Entourage

Modern Family

Boardwalk Empire

Band Of Brothers

Californication

Curb Your Enthusiasm

East Bound and Down

Treme

The Wire

The Walking Dead

Southland

The West Wing

ER

Life

Game Of Thrones

The Pacific

How To Make It In America

Mad Men

Angels In America

I never got round to watching the likes of House, Prison Break, Grey's Anatomy, The Shield or Fringe which people have assured me are all excellent.

Some great shows their, cant believe you missed 24 off though,the 1st few seasons where Great (not exactly MadMen or the wire but great Action/thriller entertainment).

Personally just for shear fun and entertainment value im a big Supernatural fan, the 1st couple of seasons can be a choir to get through but once the 3rd season starts and the big overall plot kicks in it really is Epic, great charecters, great twists on mythology and religion really delivers.

Edited by hardly1980

Some great shows their, cant believe you missed 24 off though,the 1st few seasons where Great (not exactly MadMen or the wire but great Action/thriller entertainment).

I watched the first two or three seasons of 24, then just got bored of it and I thought it got crap. The same goes for Heroes. I watched that every week, but it just got too complex, had too many plot twists and in the end became a total mess.

I watched the first two or three seasons of 24, then just got bored of it and I thought it got crap. The same goes for Heroes. I watched that every week, but it just got too complex, had too many plot twists and in the end became a total mess.

Heroes is actually pretty good for the first 2 seasons, 1st one especially.....exactly the same goes for Lost,

Looking through your list and I rate all the ones you have watched that I have also seen.....so apart from Arrested Development I would definitely recommend True Blood and American Horror Story

Edited by Salgado Is A Hero

The 1st season of The Borgias was pretty good(havnt watched the 2nd yet) and Treme is supposed to be pretty great(made by the guys that made the wire), havnt got around to watching it yet though(its been sittin on my hd for 2 years).

O cant believe i forgot The killing(us) once it gets going its brill(prob my favorite newish show) and the final episode of season 2 was amazing(some of the best acting ive seen in a tv show).

Edited by hardly1980

as season 2 been aired in the uk yet?,i have seen it its as good if not better than season 1(i got it of pbay months ago).

Superb. There is a very late episode which contains a flashback depicting one of the most shocking moments I've ever seen on TV.

The 1st season of The Borgias was pretty good(havnt watched the 2nd yet) and Treme is supposed to be pretty great(made by the guys that made the wire), havnt got around to watching it yet though(its been sittin on my hd for 2 years).

O cant believe i forgot The killing(us) once it gets going its brill(prob my favorite newish show) and the final episode of season 2 was amazing(some of the best acting ive seen in a tv show).

Treme is brilliant. Watch it. I never got round to The Borgias. I had it on the Sky+, but someone deleted them!

I left The Killing off my list too. I absoutely love that show and is probaly my favourite one on TV at the moment. I'm onto my third episode of The News Room, which I've liked overall so far, but there are one or two annoying characters in it who I don't believe. I've also watched the first season of the Danish show Borgen, about the Danish primeminister. It's another excellent Scandanvian effort.

Edited by RoyRover

I left The Killing off my list too. I absoutely love that show and is probaly my favourite one on TV at the moment. I'm onto my third episode of The News Room, which I've liked overall so far, but there are one or two annoying characters in it who I don't believe. I've also watched the first season of the Danish show Borgen, about the Danish primeminister. It's another excellent Scandanvian effort.

Have you watched the other Danish/Swedish one - Broen? I liked it, it was about a joint investigation between Danish and Swedish detectives after a body was found on the Oresund Bridge directly on the border line.

I'm a fan of Borgen and The Killing too. I guessed (more luck than judgement) the killer in series 1 in the third episode, but in series 2 it only dawned on me right before the end!

Have you watched the other Danish/Swedish one - Broen? I liked it, it was about a joint investigation between Danish and Swedish detectives after a body was found on the Oresund Bridge directly on the border line.

I'm a fan of Borgen and The Killing too. I guessed (more luck than judgement) the killer in series 1 in the third episode, but in series 2 it only dawned on me right before the end!

I really liked The Bridge, lead actress/character was great and sexy as hell.

Treme is bloody fantastic.