BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Worryingly the food he makes looks really good. :blush:

On the way to St Helens on Friday I went past a takeaway at the end of a row of terraced housing, which also had a billboard on the side. In big letters above it said TAKEAWAY and underneath this photo

Hannibal-S02-KeyArt-01-LB-1.jpg

Not sure if it will help or hinder the takeaways reputation!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watching the TV series of Fargo? Was a fan of the film but wasn't sure how it'd work when translated to a series, started off promisingly though. Got to say Martin Freeman doesn't look out of place as the mid-western Mr Henpecked.

Looking forward to the new series of 24. Hopefully the hotels I'm staying at in California will have decent screens as so far they have all been wrong ratio and locked down.

Athough after watching The Big Bang Theory last night with 5 or 6 advert breaks, I am not sure I could cope with 3 minutes of Jack saving the world interpersed with 5 mins of car adverts, repeatedly.

Considering American viewers have the right to bear arms, how do they manage to avoid shootng seven shades of hell out of their screens every day with the ludicrous number of adverts?

Steve Moss, can you explain this ?!

Athough after watching The Big Bang Theory last night with 5 or 6 advert breaks, I am not sure I could cope with 3 minutes of Jack saving the world interpersed with 5 mins of car adverts, repeatedly.

That's shockingly bad, BBT is only about 19 minutes long!

Joke, ad, joke, ad, joke, ad...

Thats surely why god invented the record and fast forward buttons?

Fargo is good, but it does seem they are spreading a slow paced story out over a long period of episodes.

Considering American viewers have the right to bear arms, how do they manage to avoid shootng seven shades of hell out of their screens every day with the ludicrous number of adverts?

Steve Moss, can you explain this ?!

Like me, I suspect they DVR it and then fast forward through the commercials.

We've started doing that. Game of Thrones really takes the wee. Anyone else noticed the adverts seem to be more frequent on it?

The last episode was much better on Sky as they only had one lot of adverts on half way through the episode. Before this week the amount of adverts was ridiculous.

Edited by somersetrover

Melissandre is the hottest woman on that show other than Margaery in my opinion.

Anyway... I binged on Fargo last night, not being sure of it after the original movie was my favourite film. I think it is brilliant, the best show on TV now for me. Billy Bob Thornton is amazing in his role and Martin Freeman does a good job as well. There are loads of nice little nods to other Coen movies (white Russians on special offer, the hotel receptionist very similar to the one in No Country, Lester needing unguent somewhat urgently and the policewoman's dad being a cameo from a CIA man in Burn After Reading) and the last episode had a good touch which linked the series to the film. I was worried at first that it was too similar to the film and had nothing new to add to a classic but they have captured the dark feel of the movie and expanded on several of the themes.

• Like 1