BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I was tempted to buy the lot off ebay for about £30, but then realised they're actually available to watch on Netflix(USA and Canada versions) and can also be 'acquired' for download from the usual web sources, I'm that lazy these days that I cant even be bothered messing with dvds especially all that disk changing with boxets.

and I wasn't claiming that you where rich haha, just in a more comfortable closer to middle class(whatever that is now) position, sorry if my assumptions where wrong though(all though I am usually close to the money and spookily perceptive about these things, I could be an X-file)

This weekend I've started to watch penny dreadful, I'm only a few eps in but I'm really enjoying it so far

Edited by T J Hooker

£50 is a good price for such a big collection, yea it can be pot luck with ebay at times with that kind of item, I think the one I so was actually about £25 but 'collection only' no delivery(but it was only from preston or somewhere else not to far) I just didn't have the spare money at the time or want it that much as it was before they announced the new series was coming.

With amazon I at least try to buy from the "other sellers" so at least the smaller businesses and manufacturers are getting something, most of the time the price is pretty much the same or even cheaper.

Edited by T J Hooker

• 2 weeks later...

Really cant wait for Twin Peaks return next year, Im a massive Lynch fan and love all his films and tv, he's going to be writing and directing all the eps along with the original writers with lots of the original cast returning I imagine, the shows going to put everything else on tv to shame(for me anyway) Its been a long while now since David Lynch has directed anything and I think its going to be immense seeing how far he can push things in todays tv climate where pretty much anything goes.

So I'm now going to have to re-watch twin peaks along with x-files(a show which owes a lot to twin peaks)

I was bored and have just finished watching the first season of Damages with Glen Close. Very good court room drama and lots of twists.

Can I also recommend Justified. Superb American TV show where the lead and villain are complex and fascinating to see change as the show progresses.

I've finally started The West Wing. Seems a very very different proposition to House of Cards (US) which I've loved so far.

House of Cards is my favourite show of the last few years, on par with GOT and Suits for me.

I blasted through all the seasons of Damages last year, court room shows wouldn't normally be my cup of t(although it isn't really a regular court room show) Glen Close is brilliant in the show and how can you not like Rose byrne yum yum(and an very talented actor of course) lots of really good characters along the way played by some brilliant 'forgotten men' actors'(Ted Danson, martin Short, Tate Donovan) really smart show full of twists and turns.

I really like Timophy Olyphant as an actor but couldn't get into justified.

Edited by T J Hooker

I blasted through all the seasons of Damages last year, court room shows wouldn't normally be my cup of t(although it isn't really a regular court room show) Glen Close is brilliant in the show and how can you not like Rose byrne yum yum(and an very talented actor of course) lots of really good characters along the way played by some brilliant 'forgotten men' actors'(Ted Danson, martin Short, Tate Donovan) really smart show full of twists and turns.

I really like Timophy Olyphant as an actor but couldn't get into justified.

Take my word for it, the first 5/6 episodes are slow but then it picks up. You will be hooked by the end of season 1.

I am really enjoying Damages so hope season 2 continues with season 1. Agreed about Rose Byrne lol.

Really cant wait for Twin Peaks return next year, Im a massive Lynch fan and love all his films and tv, he's going to be writing and directing all the eps along with the original writers with lots of the original cast returning I imagine, the shows going to put everything else on tv to shame(for me anyway) Its been a long while now since David Lynch has directed anything and I think its going to be immense seeing how far he can push things in todays tv climate where pretty much anything goes.

So I'm now going to have to re-watch twin peaks along with x-files(a show which owes a lot to twin peaks)

If you liked Twin Peaks, have you tried watching Wayward Pines? Pretty decent show.

Anyone else watched 'People Just Do Nothing' On BBC Three? It's hilarious!

I watched series 1 of 'Wentworth' the other day. Wentworth is the modern version of 'Prisoner: Cell Block H'.

The show is great. If you're a fan of 'Orange is the New Black' and 'Oz' then you'd enjoy this. There are some funny moments but it's very gritty, emotional and entertaining.

Highly recommended.

Take my word for it, the first 5/6 episodes are slow but then it picks up. You will be hooked by the end of season 1.

I am really enjoying Damages so hope season 2 continues with season 1. Agreed about Rose Byrne lol.

That's interesting as I gave up on Justified myself after about 5 episodes. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Just started Mr Robot though and need to catch up on that first.

£10 a month? I always pay £5.99

Netflix is very poor for films, i only use it for tv shows, and even then it depends what kind of shows you like, i mainly watch american stuff so its ideal for me, but if you mainly just watch British stuff its not really worth it.

Last month i signed up to the free months trial of 'now tv' movies, the film selection is really good but at £10 a month not really worth it for me as ive usually seen most of the new films long before they're available on any streaming service so after the free trial i went to cancel and was offered 3 months @ £4.99 a month, i took them up on it.

I imagine they'd make the same offer to those that tried one of their other free trials(tv entertainment, sports) but then went to cancel at the end.

P.s. the canadian version is also good phil and shows some things that arent always on the US version.

Edited by T J Hooker

• Moderation Lead

I've just started watching Sons of Anarchy and found the first two episodes a bit slow. Is it worth persevering with?

Was just about to do a separate post about soa! It's very good indeed yes, just started the penultimate season (6th), and I can't stop watching it!

In short yes, stick with it!