BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 17/08/2018 at 20:40, davulsukur said:

For anyone with Amazon prime watch All or Nothing Man City. 

Just watched the first episode. A great insight into football and how Pep works.

Onto episode 2....

I watched the 1st episode last night. Very interesting insight alright. Pep is a crazy, obsessed genius. I will definitely stick with it for the series. I think the kit man made episode one. You could see his down to earth character was like the glue that held the team together. Was interesting to see how relaxed the players were with him. 

On another note, that Mane kung-fu kick on Ederson looked nasty when you see it from different angles. I winced 

• 4 months later...

The Mrs put Dancing on Ice on....sigh..

TV is completely f**ked. We've created a platform where utter no marks can just leap from one of these crap shows to the next.

Gemma Collins rocked up, shuffling her whale ass around on the ice, probably with a £250k cheque in her back pocket. Frustrating.

Someone else is on it, don't even know her name, who by all accounts finished about 18th on the X factor a few years ago and now qualifies as a celebrity. Bullshit.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

The Mrs put Dancing on Ice on....sigh..

TV is completely f**ked. We've created a platform where utter no marks can just leap from one of these crap shows to the next.

Gemma Collins rocked up, shuffling her whale ass around on the ice, probably with a £250k cheque in her back pocket. Frustrating.

Someone else is on it, don't even know her name, who by all accounts finished about 18th on the X factor a few years ago and now qualifies as a celebrity. Bullshit.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

How I agree. Except in my case I'm the one complaining as my husband is watching it and it's utter garbage

There's a Netflix documentary in the making here somewhere.

• 2 months later...

I know it's a few years old but I've just finished Class of '92 about Salford City. I thought that it was brilliant. 

I had a quick look at where they are now; 2nd in the National League. It looks like all that money they've put in is going somewhere.

• 1 month later...

I gave my opinion on the ridiculous CGI fest that was season 7. So I wasn't expecting the last one to get any better.

I guess it showed (in full darkness) just how poor the script writers are without any source material.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I enjoyed the final GoT season but there were too many gaps and arcs left unexplored for the story to really make sense.

Dany was portrayed as snapping, even though you could tell it was 'meant' to be a gradual decline. But that's what happens when the story leaps 3 months in one episode.

Jaime and Brienne needed more exploring too. More definitive explanation that Jaime couldn't allow himself to be redeemed because he was so ashamed of what he'd been doing to appease Cersei.

Also Bronn randomly threatening Jaime and Tyrion halfway through at Cersei's behest? Nah, there's more to his story than that.

And Dorne basically doesn't exist!

Need GRRM to finish the books so I can read them and get the story proper in my head. It's no coincidence that the show has struggled for great dialogue since the end of S5.

They should've waited for GRRM to finish the books before beginning filming imo.

• Like 1

It was so frustrating:

What was the point of R+L=J in the end? Just to cause a bit of drama between John and Dani?

What was the story behind the Night King? Not arsed about Arya being the one to kill him, but what did he want? Just to kill everyone? If that's the case, why wait for 8,000 years to come and do it? There's been dragons in Westeros for 100's of years, so it can't be that. Blood Raven was about for a thousand years, so he could've gone to kill him at any point during that time. Or did he need to wait for Bran to break the spells on Blood Raven's cave? Again, they were built up from the very first episode as the big bad, but actually did nothing and got killed in the very first big battle.

Why did no-one mention that john was the heir to the throne? Sam, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa and Bran all knew and just sat there and let him rot while they chose Bran(!?)  Tyrion made a big fuss over John having to kill Dani and do his duty, blah blah blah, then suddenly says it should be Bran out of the blue. Makes no sense.

Dani flipping her shit was completely rushed. 

Jamie and Brienne should've just been him knighting her and none of the romance. It would've been fine if he'd buggered off back to Cersie then after doing his part in the "war".

Bronn being a dick to Tyrion and Jamie was unnecessary and out of character after the last 2 or 3 seasons. He jumped in front of a frigging dragon to save Jamie, but now he's a dick to them because Cersie told him to?

What was the point in the Golden Company?

Why is there a Night's Watch? There's no white walkers, the wildlings are now friends and there's a fooking big hole in the wall big enough for an army to walk through. Makes no sense. John should've just come back when Grey Worm left. Who's gonna stop him?

D&D should've either done it in 9 Seasons and fleshed it out - Season 8 dealing with the NK and explaining all that properly and Season 9 dealing with Cersie / the aftermath of the war with the Nk / Dani going batshit /etc.. Or they should've handed it over to someone else if they were to busy with Star Wars to do it properly. It was so rushed, it could've ruined what was the best TV Show in years / ever.

But apart from that, it was pretty good. The first 2 and most of episode 3 were some of the best episodes they've done!

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
1 minute ago, gumboots said:

We've gone back to the start of Line of Duty, having missed the first 3 series. Finished series one so that's this weeks viewing sorted. Also loved Alan Shearer on MOTD yesterday

Likewise! Missed all the previous ones. Finished season 4 on Friday night. Really enjoying it! 

Also worth a watch is 'The Nest' also starring Martin Compston (Steve Arnott) from Line of Duty. Think it's on tonight BBC1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sunderland till I die season 2 is an excellent insight into football.

Has anyone ever watch Prison Break or bodyguard tv series? Any there.any good? 

Prison Break is brilliant for about 3 seasons and then goes a bit stale. Worth watching.

White Gold 

Dexter

Thick of it

All top

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

Yeah. We have that recorded too  and planning to watch the new Save Me

Think we must be on the same page Gumboots - Just recorded the first season of Save Me, ready for when we've finished Line if Duty.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bodyguard is excellent Chaddy. Lots of twists & turns.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You should definitely watch The Thick of It. Political, very funny, albeit very sweary.