BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I watched the 1968  " Water Splash " Rugby League Cup Final on BBC 2 this afternoon. Drama and tragedy all in a couple of minutes. You'd have to have a heart of stone not to be moved by it.

I watched it too Tyrone and as you say it's a moving piece. I really enjoyed the present day element where players from both sides met and chatted about the game and the subsequent events. The fans interviews were also enjoyable. And the dulcet tones of Eddie Waring to boot.

6 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Anybody watched Spooks? I never saw it when it was originally on tv but all 10 series are now on IPlayer i'm wondering if its worth my time putting in the hrs and watching them.

I have watched them all the 1st time. Amazing series. 

Very good 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

On with Ozark and Better Call Saul, done Tiger King, so I’m happy with any other suggestions!

I love ozark , I quite like better caul Saul , that should have been vince gilligans main show , breaking bad was no better than hollyoaks . 
No time for tiger king , a glorification of cruelty and an hour of that mad bastard with Louis Theroux was enough . 
also 

the wire 

spiral 

the bridge ( original version )

fargo 

25 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Anybody watched Spooks? I never saw it when it was originally on tv but all 10 series are now on IPlayer i'm wondering if its worth my time putting in the hrs and watching them.

Definitely worth watching 

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

What's that BCS like....I've downloaded them not got round to it yet....

It's a really good show.

Very slow paced though. Not loads of action. More about the character arcs and the storyline. 

Certainly not as frantic as BB.

Depends what your poison is I suppose.

• Like 1

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Silas said:

It's a really good show.

Very slow paced though. Not loads of action. More about the character arcs and the storyline. 

Certainly not as frantic as BB.

Depends what your poison is I suppose.

BB 'frantic'? Gave up in S3, Breaking Bad, more like Breaking Bored

• Like 1

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

BB 'frantic'? Gave up in S3, Breaking Bad, more like Breaking Bored

??

BCS is definitely not for you then. 

Tbh I didn't love BB, was a bit cheesy in bits for me. (Over rated often)

BCS is a lot darker and grittier.  Stylish.

I prefer it. 

Really enjoyed Blacklist for the first 2 or 3 seasons but then that went a bit stale, although the last series was much better.

Same with Ray Donovan. First 2 or 3 seasons were really good.

Thing is with Blacklist, each season is 20-odd episodes so there's plenty to go at.

First 2 seasons of Blindspot were good but then that went a bit 'samey'. Only put up with it cos of Jaimie Alexander who is very easy on the eye - even covered in tattoos!

• Backroom

The Monarchy itself is outdated BUT there's immense value in having an apolitical Head of State. The visit to victims of the Manchester bombing brought that home to me. Look at the difference in press to those visits in comparison to May and Corbyn's visits to Grenfell.

The Royals offer some comfort, while political leaders (even unintentionally) can only look to gain from such visits.

15 hours ago, arbitro said:

I watched it too Tyrone and as you say it's a moving piece. I really enjoyed the present day element where players from both sides met and chatted about the game and the subsequent events. The fans interviews were also enjoyable. And the dulcet tones of Eddie Waring to boot.

I thought the saddest part of the film was when Harry Carpenter took Don Fox back to Wembley and had him take the kick again. How hard must that have been to do ? So sad to see him slot it over so easily in similarly wet conditions in his street clothes and shoes.

That's the thing with Rugby League players- they're trying to kill each other on the pitch but off the pitch it's all forgotten. Interesting take on the penalty try - nobody surrounded the ref after what was a very controversial decision. That Wakefield team beat my team in an earlier round on their way to the final. They were awesome, one of the best rugby teams I've ever seen.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Incase anyone is wondering what Gumboots and Mike E are responding to it's one of my posts that has been removed. Again. Probably by K-Hod.

Also Breaking Bad is not boring. If that's boring then what the hell is interesting? Does there have to be plane crashes, bombs and blowing up rooms with exploding crystals every 2 minutes to be interesting? 

Edited by Vinjay

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

Incase anyone is wondering what Gumboots and Mike E are responding to it's one of my posts that has been removed. Again. Probably by K-Hod.

Also Breaking Bad is not boring. If that's boring then what the hell is interesting?

Swing and a miss Vinjay, I’ve not removed anything. Though I can see why they were. 
You went off on a tangent and took it well off topic, again. I know it might be something you find difficult, but threads need to be kept on topic as much as possible.
I love Breaking Bad, I think it’s one of the best TV shows ever made, so you’re after the wrong target. Not to worry. Have a good day.

15 hours ago, arbitro said:

I thought the saddest part of the film was when Harry Carpenter took Don Fox back to Wembley and had him take the kick again. How hard must that have been to do ? So sad to see him slot it over in similarly wet conditions in his street clothes and shoes.

That's the thing with Rugby League players- they're trying to kill each other on the pitch but off the pitch it's all forgotten. Interesting take on the penalty try - nobody surrounded the ref after what was a very controversial decision. That Wakefield team beat my team in an earlier round on their way to the final. They were awesome, one of the best rugby teams I've ever seen.

I've got to the point were I have lost my " willing suspension of disbelief " with most of the fiction stuff on TV.  The last thing I was remotely interested in fiction wise was " Giri Haji " . I thought that was really good but even then the body count was astronomical. I stopped watching " Killing Eve " halfway through the first series. It got too silly for words. She was killing off people left, right and centre without a hint of the police being on her case. CCTV would have nailed her in no time in reality.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Vinjay said:

Also Breaking Bad is not boring. If that's boring then what the hell is interesting? Does there have to be plane crashes, bombs and blowing up rooms with exploding crystals every 2 minutes to be interesting? 

1. It was a response to gumboots, don't be so arrogant.

2. Boring in the sense that it drags like hell. Perhaps it's more interesting if you watch week-to-week as it was originally shown.

For reference my favourite show in absolute years is Line of Duty, which is all about the minutiae of police procedure.

Fancy that, different people think different things. Who'd have thought?

Line of Duty was an absolute belter. The Celts do a good TV series----Hinterland, Keeping Faith, Shetland etc.

You get the bonus of the scenery as well although Wales, as portrayed in these programmes, looks a bit like the Wild West----isolated farms that are half falling down, rusty machinery everywhere. Atmospheric though!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Spooks got dafter and dafter. Good idea but killed itself.

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Line of Duty was an absolute belter. The Celts do a good TV series----Hinterland, Keeping Faith, Shetland etc.

You get the bonus of the scenery as well although Wales, as portrayed in these programmes, looks a bit like the Wild West----isolated farms that are half falling down, rusty machinery everywhere. Atmospheric though!

Mrs Shoelaces watches all those, that's not a recommendation. As I said earlier my boredom threshold has got greater as I've got older. I find I just don't engage with the characters.

Line of Duty is very good with all its unexpected twists and turns but it's so far fetched - virtually every copper is bent! Cressida Dick hates it because it shows the police in a bad light and is unrealistic. She does have a point

Bodyguard is another that promised alot but then got silly. I stopped watching after the 2nd episode.