Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, Gav said:

and The Wire 

25 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

oh sorry i mean , I like the wire 

You watched Top Boy yet?

"The British Wire".

Just finished them all. Really enjoyed it. Some great characters. 

• Like 2

On 03/05/2020 at 20:33, windymiller7 said:

Bit of a crossover on threads, but I'm also enjoying 'The English Game' on Netflix. I'd say it's a must watch for any football fan, especially any Rovers fan. IMHO of course.

For anyone who's not aware of this or hasn't read the opinions of others on here, check out this thread in the Football forum:

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34084-rovers-in-netflix-football-series/

We started it yesterday. Didnt have Nrtflix till yesterday 

• Like 1

The Sopranos is easily my favourite series out there. Gandolfini morphed into Tony Soprano!

I'm currently watching Vikings. I am 7 episodes in but it's been brilliant so far and lived up to expectation. Got the inspiration from watching "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix, which I think is a spin off from Vikings?

The latest series of Top Boy was brutal television. Catches the actual mood in some of Britains more rougher estates right now.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

Finally finished ozark and Fargo ..

Both great, I like Ozark more. But Mike Milligan in Fargo is one of my favourite characters ever. Steals every scene.

Make sure you do Top Boy in right order - I didn't! - cos Season 1 Episode 1 isn't the first episode. ??

You have to do Top Boy "Summerhouse" first. 

16 minutes ago, gumboots said:

We started it yesterday. Didnt have Nrtflix till yesterday 

Hope u enjoy it Gumboots. I certainly did.

Like you, I didn't have Netflix but subscribed so I could watch it. Figured out that £9 wouldn't break the bank for a month if I decide to cancel it.

Just now, Silas said:

Make sure you do Top Boy in right order - I didn't! - cos Season 1 Episode 1 isn't the first episode. ??

Cheers Silas, appreciate that. 

6 minutes ago, Silas said:

Both great, I like Ozark more. But Mike Milligan in Fargo is one of my favourite characters ever. Steals every scene.

Fargo is my fav coen film so I was kind of reluctant at first , however it does it justice . David thwellis is a delight as varga 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Hope u enjoy it Gumboots. I certainly did.

Like you, I didn't have Netflix but subscribed so I could watch it. Figured out that £9 wouldn't break the bank for a month if I decide to cancel it.

We watch through our sons subscription and he watches our Skygo

• Like 1

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Fargo is my fav coen film so I was kind of reluctant at first , however it does it justice . David thwellis is a delight as varga 

If by "delight" you mean one of the most repulsive people to ever be on my TV screen, then yeah. ?

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Cheers Silas, appreciate that. 

One final thing, "Summerhouse" got canned between seasons,  so prepare yourself for some things to be.....unresolved. 

It then skips 6 years, the characters all grow up, but the payoff is worth it. Fantastic finish to the new season.  

• Moderation Lead
55 minutes ago, Silas said:

You watched Top Boy yet?

"The British Wire".

Just finished them all. Really enjoyed it. Some great characters. 

The Wire is wonderful. Not many better series than that, in my opinion! 
Top Boy was absolutely class. A few rappers I like were in the new series as well!

Fun fact about Top Boy actually- Drake tweeted Ashley Walters (one of the stars) asking when the new series was coming back, as he loved it.

Ashley Walters said it had been cancelled, so Drake got together with Netflix to commission a second series....

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Top Boy was absolutely class. A few rappers I like were in the new series as well!

Has introduced me to some new music. Was actually listening to this track before I went to bed last night:

I'd never really heard of Dave before. ☺

I'm a bit of a dinosaur. If it was after Tupac and Biggie I'm clueless. ?

Just now, Silas said:

Has introduced me to some new music. Was actually listening to this track before I went to bed last night:

Dave is who the cool kids like now , or aitch. None of your snoopy snoopy doggy dog anymore 

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Haha, there’s also Little Simz in Top Boy (female rapper, plays Shelley). 
If you use Spotify- I’ve a hip hop playlist that’s over 700 songs strong, with old and new music aplenty!

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Dave is who the cool kids like now , or aitch. None of your snoopy snoopy doggy dog anymore 

Ah crap, that's me out then, my cool kids badge got confiscated around 2005. 

24 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

I do have a soft spot for Ho99o9 and jpeg Mafia .... and odd future but I feel like a white middle class imposter 

That sentence means absolutely nothing to me and I've read it 4 times :D

Old ****er that I am...

• Moderation Lead

The Last Dance on Netflix is a good watch, if anyone is short of anything. 
It’s the tale of The Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan et al. Very interesting indeed.

Jordan is an absolute animal.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The Last Dance on Netflix is a good watch, if anyone is short of anything. 
It’s the tale of The Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan et al. Very interesting indeed.

Jordan is an absolute animal.

I’m sat here watching episode 7 as we speak - A real sporting superstar - LeBrons good, but he’s nowhere near Michael Jordan.

Good watch as you say.

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’m sat here watching episode 7 as we speak - A real sporting superstar - LeBrons good, but he’s nowhere near Michael Jordan.

Good watch as you say.

You know what, I certainly don’t think any have been as been as influential as him. 
Looked up the stats though, Jordan is ‘only’ the fifth highest point scorer of all time. 
Lebron James and Kobe have both gained more points than him, but won less titles.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is the boy though, most points ever and most titles!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is the boy though, most points ever and most titles!

And on Airplane the Movie which seals his legend status in my book.

Larry Bird was always my favourite, for the Celtics 

Edited by Sparks Rover