BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
13 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Well into Fauda now it’s really decent . Not sure it is up there with the wire 

the wife has been watching killing eve , it’s such  gimmicky spoon fed bollocks 

Glad you're enjoying it.

Nah, it's not up there with the greats, but still a good watch. 

I'm halfway though season 3, so not long to go. 

My favourite character is probably Gabi, Captain Eyov. I would not be messing with him. You'd end up in a solitary cell for a decade. 

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

Glad you're enjoying it.

My favourite character is probably Gabi, Captain Eyov. I would not be messing with him. You'd end up in a solitary cell for a decade. 

Captain ayub has a really cheeky face . 
whoever plays wahlid is a superb actor . 

im going to tel aviv inthe new year , may take a trip out to the sticks with my camera and bum bag 

7 minutes ago, Silas said:

Glad you're enjoying it.

Oh have you seen unorthodox on Netflix ?

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Worth a go . Low commitment . 4 episodes 

Ta, will get to it when I finish Fauda. 

I'm doing all the foreign language ones on my own, wife not keen on subtitles. 

Although I think she may tackle Money Heist with me. As everyone raves about it. 

I downloaded Afterlife by mistake, instead of After Life, for my missus - Aparently a very good mistake on my part - she's just binge-watched series one and is now onto series two, which is much darker apparently.

Just finished rewatching Life on Mars on the IPlayer.I had forgotten what a great show it was,cant believe its been 15 years since it was on.John Simm and Phillip Glenister are excellent as Sam Tyler and Gene Hunt and the rest of the cast are good too.I'd definitely recommend it to anybody that missed it when it was shown on TV.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Just finished rewatching Life on Mars on the IPlayer.I had forgotten what a great show it was,cant believe its been 15 years since it was on.John Simm and Phillip Glenister are excellent as Sam Tyler and Gene Hunt and the rest of the cast are good too.I'd definitely recommend it to anybody that missed it when it was shown on TV.

Life on Mars was a brilliant series, 

We have had quite a bit of British/Irish crime/drama series added to our two streaming services in Aus over the last few months and obviously with lots of downtime we have been catching up. One in particular starring John Simm was White Dragon was very good (believe it was called Strangers, in the UK).  

Others that were decent

The Dublin Murders (slow starting but worth sticking with)

Prey (series 1 starring  John Simm and series 2 Phillip Glenister)

The Tunnel series 2 and 3

So/So

White Lines (Netflix)  - Produced by Alex PIna (Money Heist) Decent cast and a promising story line (mysterious death, drugs, Ibiza) but way too long could have easily been 6 episodes instead of 10 and loads of unnecessary sex scenes,  (never thought i would ever say that, must be getting old :))

A couple of Australian shows that you may find on UK/USA netflix (or on the high seas) that are worth a watch

Mr Inbetween (2 series) - comedy drama about a underworld hit man/nightclub bouncer 

Utopia - (4 series) cross between the office and yes minister about a government infra structure department.

Lamb of God (4 episodes  (dark crime drama, reminded me of The Wickerman (film)  )

Secret City (2 Series) - Political espionage 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Watched that Jeffrey Epstein doc on Netflix at the weekend. Without ruining it for anyone, there’s a special place in hell reserved for Ghislaine Maxwell. No wonder she’s apparently gone into hiding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Watched that Jeffrey Epstein doc on Netflix at the weekend. Without ruining it for anyone, there’s a special place in hell reserved for Ghislaine Maxwell. No wonder she’s apparently gone into hiding. 

Indeed, have watched the first two episodes of that. Grim stuff.

I've been watching Ricky and Ralf's very Northern Road Trip on Gold - Its not the greatest production but for any Royal Family/Ricky Tomlinson fans its a great watch.

Liverpool to Newcastle via Lakes, Ribble Valley, Bradford, Whitby......its a good watch/laugh in these testing times.

Just watched season 4 of The Wire - The School district - Superb stuff, its not as good as The Sopranos, but its not far behind, season 5 next.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I've been watching Ricky and Ralf's very Northern Road Trip on Gold - Its not the greatest production but for any Royal Family/Ricky Tomlinson fans its a great watch.

Liverpool to Newcastle via Lakes, Ribble Valley, Bradford, Whitby......its a good watch/laugh in these testing times.

Just watched season 4 of The Wire - The School district - Superb stuff, its not as good as The Sopranos, but its not far behind, season 5 next.

Never watched The Wire before so have been getting through it with a couple of episodes a night over the last couple of weeks. Just nearing the end of Season 3. Really enjoying it. I think Idris Elba is superb in it.

I'll be honest (Tin hat time!), I'm preferring it to The Sopranos.

Edit: Phew! Just checked and IMDb agrees with me (just) so I may not be alone ?

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Never watched The Wire before so have been getting through it with a couple of episodes a night over the last couple of weeks. Just nearing the end of Season 3. Really enjoying it. I think Idris Elba is superb in it.

I'll be honest (Tin hat time!), I'm preferring it to The Sopranos.

Edit: Phew! Just checked and IMDb agrees with me (just) so I may not be alone ?

I've just started it, only a couple episodes in...slick and clever. Good acting.

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

The Wire is belting. The second series at the docks was my favourite.

I loved the docks first time around, my favourite by far, but on the 2nd watching I’m not to sure now, but it’s all superb.

• Like 1