BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I looked it up and spotted series 3 which I hadn't seen. I thought I was up to date but had somehow not spotted s3 when it came out. You're right it's not for the squeamish but its gripping. So we started s3 last night and then have s4 to look forward to too

1 minute ago, gumboots said:

I looked it up and spotted series 3 which I hadn't seen. I thought I was up to date but had somehow not spotted s3 when it came out. You're right it's not for the squeamish but its gripping. So we started s3 last night and then have s4 to look forward to too

So which one are you watching ? Last nights episode started with a kidnapping.

9 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Series 3. Have recorded last nights too but have series 3 downloaded. 

There's one series we missed. It may have been the first. This latest one has started brilliantly. I'm gripped already and it's takes a lot for me to get enthused about a TV series these days. If you read " The Guardian " Lucy Mangan reviews last nights episodes so it be best not to read it. It's a good review but obviously a plot spoiler.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

I'd watched the first 2 series. Someone I know mentioned it to us in passing and I was intrigued enough to look it up. Fortunately I dont read the Guardian except the odd online item so i wont get the spoiler. Wont take us long to catch up. 2 episodes an evening if we dont start too late

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I'd watched the first 2 series. Someone I know mentioned it to us in passing and I was intrigued enough to look it up. Fortunately I dont read the Guardian except the odd online item so i wont get the spoiler. Wont take us long to catch up. 2 episodes an evening if we dont start too late

When we watched " Giri Haji " we were doing 4 episodes a night ! That was good also but again pretty violent.

• Backroom
47 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Nearly done with fauda . V good 

Me too. Just finished ep 9 season 3.

The tension in some of these episodes is intense right? 

Glad you're enjoying it. 

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

I like Steve but why is he called Steve ? And nurit too , come on lads let me have a go 

Nurit would have you for breakfast. ?

Did you know the actor that plays Doron was a commando in the Isreal special forces when he was younger.

And at 19 his girlfriend was killed by a Palestinian terrorist with a 15 inch knife.

Basically, his life has been like a lot of the show. 

27 minutes ago, Silas said:

Nurit would have you for breakfast. ?

Did you know the actor that plays Doron was a commando in the Isreal special forces when he was younger.

And at 19 his girlfriend was killed by a Palestinian terrorist with a 15 inch knife.

Basically, his life has been like a lot of the show. 

Yeah don’t mess with nurit I misjudged her at first , and when she did her first kill she took it quite personally but she’s come back on a mission ! 

Thats interesting about doron, he looks so unlikely . Chain smoking his socks off . 

Don’t all the blokes dress really badly  

Edited by Inglorious basturk

3 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Something I would not recommend is what my wife is currently watching 

killing eve . It’s awful . No real characters , or dialogue , just quirky soundtrack 

It's become a parody of the earlier series. My wife watches it also, I think it's because it's about a woman killing men, but really it's laughable.

" You Don't Own Me " sung in French or Italian is always worth a listen though.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's become a parody of the earlier series. My wife watches it also, I think it's because it's about a woman killing men, but really it's laughable.

" You Don't Own Me " sung in French or Italian is always worth a listen though.

It’s so formulaic , music to set the tone , Gogol bordello as they are in russia etc 

someone at work suggested it but it’s the same person who described brassic as a version of this is England that you can actually enjoy 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Inglorious basturk said:

....the same person who described brassic as a version of this is England that you can actually enjoy 

Wow! Brassic has more in common with Last of the Summer Wine than This is England. 

Killing Eve was I think good. Now it's gone a way i'm not sure. It's all about a potential Lesbian relationship between the two main characters. Why? Ratings? No doubt tanked? 

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Did you watch the virtues?

Nope, was in my planner for ages,  never got round to it.

Was aware it was Meadows though.

Looked depressing as hell. Worth the misery or not? 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Literally just finished fauda . Superb 

Don't spoil it! I got 2 to go. 

If you're short a show McMafia is ok. That and Fauda probably the 2 I've enjoyed most in lockdown.  

8 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I loved that. I think it might have been a couple of years ago when I watched it, but can't believe I forgot about it. Proper thriller stuff.

I'm re-watching 24 Season 1 at the moment. It's some years since I originally watched it. I vaguely remember tailing-off in Season 4 or thereabouts. I remember Season 2 (with Stanton?), and Season 3 (with Salazar?) being superb also. I haven't Google to try to recall, I just remember losing interest in Season 4 for some reason.

Actually, I think it's a running theme for me. There are lots of American series that I'd class as re-watchable - X-Files, 24, DS9, GoT, and so on - but I get some sort of boredom after a few seasons, particularly those that have 26 episodes or so in them. I don't know if it's because of mental fatigue watching the same show, or if they genuinely run out of ideas. Three is a good number. No more than three in a set of movies (think Star Wars, Alien, etc.). No more than three seasons in a series. Seems to work for me!

Have you watched  Pine Gap? Not as intense as Secret city  , and a bit slow in places but worth a watch, a political thriller (6 episodes)

For one reason or another  missed out originally on a lot of the American shows until they appeared on netflix. 24 is one on the list to watch but currently working my way through Homeland and very much enjoying it. Good writing keeping the interest with different scenarios in each series and cliff hangers on each episode wanting you to watch just one more before bedtime .