BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

29 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Weve got those 4 to go yet. Were thoroughly enjoying it and if we hadn't been exhausted yesterday, wed have watched more. 

Are you up to speed with the latest series then ? Yes, it's easy to lose track of time once you start watching one episode after another. I said to my wife at one point,  " Is this our third episode or the fourth  ? "

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

On 06/06/2020 at 13:18, OnePhilT said:

I'm re-watching 24 Season 1 at the moment. It's some years since I originally watched it. I vaguely remember tailing-off in Season 4 or thereabouts. I remember Season 2 (with Stanton?), and Season 3 (with Salazar?) being superb also. I haven't Google to try to recall, I just remember losing interest in Season 4 for some reason.

I've watching them all. All 9 seasons. 

I still think series 1, 2, 3 and 7 are the best seasons. 

Think David Palmer was a good president. Didnt like Charles Logan as president. 

I going to start watching spooks again tonight. From season 1. 

20 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Who is Charles Logan?! Chaddy, what have you done... Spoiler!!!

Honestly, I've no idea who Charles Logan is. I thought Palmer was the eternal president. ?

President in season 5. He took over as President in season 4 after President John Keeler couldn't carry on. 

How much of season 4 have you seen?

4 hours ago, gumboots said:

Weve finished series 3 and are now onto series 4 . We watched the first 2 episodes last night so have 4 left. Probably 2 tonight and 2 tomorrow. 

You sound like foreign culture is more than a passing interest of yours. Try " Giri-Hagi ". Japanese detective is sent to London to find his missing brother. It's a bit violent but what isn't these days. Some really good acting, the young British actor who plays a rent boy is amazingly good.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

• Backroom

Interesting documentary about the Chicago Bulls and the roles of Jordan and Rodman, called 'The Last Dance'.

FYI,  Schitt's Creek now available on All4 as well as Netflix, well worth a watch as an uplifting light comedy series.

Edited by Mike E

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Interesting documentary about the Chicago Bulls and the roles of Jordan and Rodman, called 'The Last Dance'.

Loved The Last Dance, its a great watch.

• Like 1

I just finished a binge-watch of Ozark.

Pleased with the ending to S3 and hope that Marty and Helen both buy a ticket if more Seasons are made.

Actually I hope it runs until Darlene is elected President of the US, quite feasible too.

Also, Vikings is done where the binge-watch highlighted the repetitive nature of the storylines. It was worth the watch though with brilliant scenery and battle scenes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

FYI,  Schitt's Creek now available on All4 as well as Netflix, well worth a watch as an uplifting light comedy series.

I love Schitts Creek,its one of those shows where you can just jump into any episode and enjoy it,you dont really have to watch them in order.Lots of likeable characters in it.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

I love Schitts Creek,its one of those shows where you can just jump into any episode and enjoy it,you dont really have to watch them in order.Lots of likeable characters in it.

The famous 'wine metaphor' has helped so many friends of mine understand who they are. It's a wholesome show in almost every way, right down to two men finding love in a normal way and just being a couple without having to battle for it.

I also learned what folding meant re: cooking :P

• Like 1

I saw Sitting in Limbo on BBC 1 last night and really enjoyed it. It was about the Windrush scandal and How appallingly had people were treated. How on earth the likes of May can sleep at night is frightening.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I saw Sitting in Limbo on BBC 1 last night and really enjoyed it. It was about the Windrush scandal and How appallingly had people were treated. How on earth the likes of May can sleep at night is frightening.

Yes I watched that , I did feel that like the shit that ken loach does eg i Daniel Blake does not demonise your average front line civil servant too much 

On 03/06/2020 at 18:45, K-Hod said:

Watched that Jeffrey Epstein doc on Netflix at the weekend. Without ruining it for anyone, there’s a special place in hell reserved for Ghislaine Maxwell. No wonder she’s apparently gone into hiding. 

There is a new documentary released last week, called Who Killed Jeffery Epstein?.  Very similar to the netflix one, interview a lot of the same people , but it goes into a bit more detail and also looks into who could have wanted him "suicided"   https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/jeffrey-epstein-who-killed-true-crime-documentary-suicide-conspiracy-tv-a9551201.html

22 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We're now watching the true crime series from Australia about the missing/murdered back packer. Did his girlfriend know more than she's letting on. Very interesting.

Is that the 4 part one , Murder in the outback?

There does seem something very odd about that murder and the resulting investigation

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes. The lack of DNA evidence on her clothing given the contact she had supposedly had with the the killer was surprising.

Very strange goings on with that case TS. 
I thought the actual program was poor, never really went anywhere. But I guess the case is the case, you can only report the facts as they are presented.  
I think he deserves a retrial 

10 hours ago, Gav said:

Very strange goings on with that case TS. 
I thought the actual program was poor, never really went anywhere. But I guess the case is the case, you can only report the facts as they are presented.  
I think he deserves a retrial 

You've got to admire the Aussies though, there were some real characters involved, especially the dis barred lawyer. If I'd have been on the jury I couldn't have convicted the guy on that evidence.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You've got to admire the Aussies though, there were some real characters involved, especially the dis barred lawyer. If I'd have been on the jury I couldn't have convicted the guy on that evidence.

It was mainly down to the DNA evidence, the fact it was on her top had him bang to rights because of the way it was presented by the jury.

The fact, as you mention above, that it was a tiny amount that simply didn't fit with her account of the attack was glossed over.

Be interesting to see if he gets another trial, I think they've grounds for that at least. 

• Moderation Lead

Watched ‘The People vs OJ Simpson’ this week on Netflix. A very interesting watch! (I was a kid at the time it went on, so don’t remember it that well). 

• Like 1