BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

26 minutes ago, den said:

General question for you people, do you rate Netflix highly?

Its an excellent platform den, easy to use and free if your son buys the subscription and shares his login details :D

If you're thinking of buying a subscription I would recommend watching one of the flagship documentaries - Making a murderer - https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80000770

The case is still across many media outlets today, I'll say no more.

Then of course the very popular Tiger King - absolutely bonkers, but gripping.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, den said:

General question for you people, do you rate Netflix highly?

Absolutely. It's kept my wife sane during her time away from school, with plenty of quality content both TV and Film.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its an excellent platform den, easy to use and free if your son buys the subscription and shares his login details :D

If you're thinking of buying a subscription I would recommend watching one of the flagship documentaries - Making a murderer - https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80000770

The case is still across many media outlets today, I'll say no more.

Then of course the very popular Tiger King - absolutely bonkers, but gripping.

We do a swap with our son. His Netflix for our SkyGo. 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

If you have Amazon Prime, there’s a hell of a lot of good films included as part of your subscription through Prime Video.

Far superior to Netflix film wise, though Netflix is the place for TV shows.

My housemate has a prime login, which is shared, so that’s ideal. Between us, we’ve got BT, prime, Netflix and also Sky Go, so we are sorted overall!

• 1 month later...

Ok, wasn't quite sure whether to put this in here or the main football forum,  but, did anyone watch I'm a celeb tonight?

If u didn't, get it on catch up. That DJ, Jordan North is on it & he's a proper Dingle - born, bred, fan, 6 fingers....the lot!

Anyway, I won't spoil it, but watch his trial. Afterwards, even Ant & Dec were taking the piss out of the unwashed from't Turd! ?

Don't wait to see it on YouTube as I doubt they'll keep their comments on & just show the trial & they're the best bits (for any Rover anyway!) 

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

Yeah, agree he seems like a nice lad to be fair, however, this isn't Season 1, it's Season 20!

Anyone who signs up for this who's from the UK certainly know what they're signing up for.

Rule No.1, on your interview before it starts, don't mention what you're really scared of as this guarantees you'll end up being picked for a trial involving them.

"So Windy, what fighten's you most?"

"Beer & pork scratchings - Terrified of them!" ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see they've started repeating some of the old " Play For Today ". Tonight it's " The Black Stuff ". The stand alone play that started off the fantastic "  The Boys From The Black Stuff " mini series.

An absolute classic. We watched Abigail's Party the other week, and then Just a Boy's Game. I had forgotten that Frankie Miller was in that!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see they've started repeating some of the old " Play For Today ". Tonight it's " The Black Stuff ". The stand alone play that started off the fantastic "  The Boys From The Black Stuff " mini series.

That will be the one when they went to Middlesbrough and ended up getting fleeced by some gypsies. Alan Bleasdale and Jimmy McGovern have written some terrific stuff and invariably contain some form of social comment.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

That will be the one when they went to Middlesbrough and ended up getting fleeced by some gypsies. Alan Bleasdale and Jimmy McGovern have written some terrific stuff and invariably contain some form of social comment.

Yes I missed that one the first time around. " Leeds United " about a garment workers dispute was good last week. I saw that back in the day.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

The boys from the black stuff - I can’t find words to describe it, fantastic doesn’t do it justice. 

Proper Tv, stories about real people that still resonate today. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Gav said:

The boys from the black stuff - I can’t find words to describe it, fantastic doesn’t do it justice. 

Proper Tv, stories about real people that still resonate today. 

Yozzer in the confessional box. "I'm desperate Father, desperate I am". "Please, call me Dan".

"I'm desperate, Dan"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yozzer in the confessional box. "I'm desperate Father, desperate I am". "Please, call me Dan".

"I'm desperate, Dan"

Or in the pub with Sammy Lee and Graeme Sounded at a charity event. Yozzer says to Souness "You look like me, and Magnum". He then says to them "I could have been a footballer but I had a paper round".

Absolute classic stuff Andy.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, arbitro said:

Or in the pub with Sammy Lee and Graeme Sounded at a charity event. Yozzer says to Souness "You look like me, and Magnum". He then says to them "I could have been a footballer but I had a paper round".

Absolute classic stuff Andy.

There was an article in my paper the other day were " Razor " Ruddock was talking about Souness. He said Souness didn't bother telling you that he was leaving you out of the team - he just injured you in training during the week so you couldn't play anyway  ! He also said Kenny Dalglish tried to sign him for Rovers when he was at Southampton.

Regarding Souness - what a terrific player he was in his prime. If you wanted to play football he'd football you, if you wanted to fight he'd be only too happy to oblige you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There was an article in my paper the other day were " Razor " Ruddock was talking about Souness. He said Souness didn't bother telling you that he was leaving you out of the team - he just injured you in training during the week so you couldn't play anyway  ! He also said Kenny Dalglish tried to sign him for Rovers when he was at Southampton.

Regarding Souness - what a terrific player he was in his prime. If you wanted to play football he'd football you, if you wanted to fight he'd be only too happy to oblige you.

He liked a 'tackle'.

Agree that Souness had everything. Incredible to think that there were actually two harder players than him in the Liverpool midfield in the late 70s.

Jimmy Case and Ray Kennedy. The latter is one of my favourite players of all time - he really did have everything and what a genius move by Bill Shankly to play him in midfield after he had won the double with Arsenal as a centre forward.

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I read that article too, it was pretty good. Ruddock and Shearer were (still are?) good pals. They lived close to each other during Shearer's time at Ewood.

Dwight Yorke complained of the same regarding Souness. Yorke accused him of trying to break his leg during a 5-a-side game. It's a shallow comparison but Gerrard is the closest there has been to Souness. He had it all, and a nasty streak too.

Anyway, back on topic. I had to watch Boys from the Blackstuff at school. Looking at it through my teenage eyes the grittiness of it stood out.

A similar style was used by Alan Clarke. He did a few cracking films. Scum. Made in Britain. Rita, Sue and Bob too. All brilliant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...