BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
On 02/01/2024 at 19:51, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There should be people getting some jail time over this scandal. The managers who oversaw the false prosecutions knowing that the computer system was faulty.

I still can’t get my head around them bluffing that they had evidence of theft, and therefore got people to ‘plea bargain’ false accounting.

Without any right to charge for any crime! What cunts!

The only possible reasons for any of it is cruelty.

Is there an argument for corporate manslaughter (or similar) to be levelled after the 4 suicides as a direct result of this bullshit? Although I guess the deceased aren’t owed a duty of care post-termination, the clear determination to pin the blame of innocent subpostmasters certainly is a breach.

“Section1. The offence

1. An organisation to which this section applies is guilty of an offence if the way in which its activities are managed or organised—
  1. causes a person's death, and
  2. amounts to a gross breach of a relevant duty of care owed by the organisation to the deceased.
  1. An organisation is guilty of an offence under this section only if the way in which its activities are managed or organised by its senior management is a substantial element in the breach referred to in subsection (1).
  1. An organisation that is guilty of corporate manslaughter or corporate homicide is liable on conviction on indictment to a fine.”
Edited by Mike E

15 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Fujitsu need to be in the dock also.

It was on the news this morning and they still have contracts with the government and Horizon is still being used.

On 12/01/2024 at 20:59, Gav said:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt14452776/

I can’t say I’ve seen The Bear on Netflix, a series the rest of the family keep saying, especially one episode in series 2, is the best bit of Tv they have ever seen!

Praise indeed, I’m going to give it a go.

Excellent show.

It's on Disney+ though not netflix 

34 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Excellent show.

It's on Disney+ though not netflix 

Correct, my mistake islander200 👍

Mrs finished season 2 last night, outstanding was the verdict. 

• Like 1

On 22/01/2024 at 21:17, Gav said:

@Tyrone Shoelaces Channel 4 this Thursday, Miners strike 1984, documentary. 

I watched the first episode on Thursday and found it compelling - I can't wait for the next episode. It was pretty much warts and all as it focussed on Shirebrook but next week is about Orgreave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I watched the first episode on Thursday and found it compelling - I can't wait for the next episode. It was pretty much warts and all as it focussed on Shirebrook but next week is about Orgreave.

Very good watch.

Feelings still run high Tony even after all these years.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Very good watch.

Feelings still run high Tony even after all these years.

I agree Gav and to me it represents proper history. I wasn't interested in the Battle of Hastings and the like when I was at school but reliving some of those stories from the 80's fascinates me. Early in my Football League refereeing days I refereed Rotherham against Chesterfield (1996 I think) and I keep hearing the chant 'scab, scab, scab' and didn't really understand the connotation behind it. I asked some Rotherham fans in the bar after the game and was told in no uncertain terms why they were still vitriolic towards anything from Derbyshire.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2024 at 20:59, Gav said:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt14452776/

I can’t say I’ve seen The Bear on Netflix, a series the rest of the family keep saying, especially one episode in series 2, is the best bit of Tv they have ever seen!

Praise indeed, I’m going to give it a go.

A 3rd series if The Bear is set to be filmed later this year, this news on the back of its success at The Emmys.

I've started to watch the first series, superb stuff, catch it on Disney+ (Thanks Islander200)

For anybody who enjoyed the recent three part documentary on Channel 4 about the miners strike there is another documentary on BBC 2 on Sunday 18th at 9 pm. The synopsis describes it as the story of fifteen men and women and the life changing year for them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

For anybody who enjoyed the recent three part documentary on Channel 4 about the miners strike there is another documentary on BBC 2 on Sunday 18th at 9 pm. The synopsis describes it as the story of fifteen men and women and the life changing year for them.

I can’t watch stuff like that anymore. I find it too upsetting. Like watching “ The Boys From The Blackstuff “ again.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can’t watch stuff like that anymore. I find it too upsetting. Like watching “ The Boys From The Blackstuff “ again.

I get that too Tyrone but find them compelling. Boys From the Blackstuff could almost have been a documentary at that time. It was Alan Bleasedale at his best.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2024 at 11:40, G Somerset Rover said:

Indeed, what a show. Genuinely the first time I’ve been on the edge of my seat watching a programme. The last ten mins or so was just fabulous.

if you can watch the original austrailain one thats even better...... oh and watch the mole on netflix its the same thing

• Like 1